Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-06-2014, 05:38 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Edit: nvm (10)

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)

Last edited by BuckeyeDan17 : 01-06-2014 at 05:56 PM.
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:38 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chad Ford is an idiot.

"Sam Hinkie has to be saying, 'Guys! Stop! You have to stop winning!' "

I understand that value in tearing down a team to build it up. But to insinuate anyone in the front office on a nightly basis is hoping for a loss is asinine.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:52 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they want IT to become a legitimate starting PG, adding Miller isn't a bad move. Great mentor I would assume.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
If they want IT to become a legitimate starting PG, adding Miller isn't a bad move. Great mentor I would assume.
Meh. Mentoring is pretty overrated. Plus, they could just hire some recently retired smart PG to do that same thing at a fraction of the cost.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:58 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think IT is what he is at this point. A very good offensive weapon who is best used as a primary ball handler against second teamers. His defense is non existent and he tends to go through black hole moments. He has a ton of value though, because he is damn good at the rim and a very good 3pt shooter.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:01 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
We already have your 2014 top 10 protected or some ****
It's top 12 protected in 2014 then top 10 in '15-'17. If you haven't gotten in by then, then you get the '17 2nd round pick.

Stupid Hickson trade. The Kings haven't been able to trade their 1st leading up to the draft for almost half a decade.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:04 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Meh. Mentoring is pretty overrated. Plus, they could just hire some recently retired smart PG to do that same thing at a fraction of the cost.
I agree it is generally overrated but it really depends on the pupil more than anything. And I don't think Miller would add much in the way of wins, so as long as the Kings don't give up draft picks I still don't think it's a terrible move. When you have ball stoppers on the team like the Kings do, having a smart player like Miller is a bonus. Promote smart basketball.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:30 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Chad Ford is an idiot.

"Sam Hinkie has to be saying, 'Guys! Stop! You have to stop winning!' "

I understand that value in tearing down a team to build it up. But to insinuate anyone in the front office on a nightly basis is hoping for a loss is asinine.

Well, there was that story before the season that quoted a couple anonymous GM's that were admitting that they were tanking.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good lord the Clips are eviscerating the Magic. Not watching, but the score suggests it is awful.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember when I wanted Darren Collison, and then I got Brandon Jennings.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I remember when I wanted Darren Collison, and then I got Brandon Jennings.
And Josh Smith.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:53 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@WindhorstESPN: The Cleveland Cavs have traded for Luol Deng, sources tell ESPN.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
@WindhorstESPN: The Cleveland Cavs have traded for Luol Deng, sources tell ESPN.
Waiters? Bulls going for the salary dump and took Bynum?
Old 01-06-2014, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deng for Bynum.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:57 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Waiters? Bulls going for the salary dump and took Bynum?
The latter. Pick(s?) going to Chicago too.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:03 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bynum & SAC 1st for Deng

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:03 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Apparently it's two seconds and the protected first they got from the Kings. As well as the right to swap firsts next year, which could be a big deal if Cleveland doesn't improve. Seems like a pretty good deal for Chicago.

edit-right to swap is lottery protected i guess.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:07 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
***, Thompson and our 2014 first (top five protected)?
I'm still of the opinion that I only trade Rondo if a great offer comes our way. I don't really see a need for urgency and it seems he's taking a liking to Stevens.

Cool, 2014 unprotected 1st, and Mac for Rondo and Wallace would get me interested.

A tough offer for the Kings, I know, but I'm in favor of keeping Rondo unless a big time offer comes around.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:15 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems like a decent deal for the Bulls and the Cavs with the Cavs apparent urgency to make the playoffs right now.

Bulls shed salary, likely improve their pick this year, and gain picks for a Deng rental in a season where they are going nowhere.

Irving, Deng, Tristan, Andy is a pretty good 4 when healthy. Problem is, 3 of those guys are constantly injured...and they will probably only get a half season of Deng...ok this could be bad for the Cavs.

Last edited by pierce2walker : 01-07-2014 at 12:20 AM.
pierce2walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I don't like this at all for the Cavs.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:22 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I don't like this at all for the Cavs.
Upon further review I agree. I don't quite understand their push to make the playoffs, sacrificing the future to do so. Deng is also worn out and they probably won't even retain him, unless they massively overpay. This could be ugly later.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:22 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, not sure what the Cavs were thinking here giving up those picks for a half season rental of a guy they probably won't retain.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:30 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

If they keep Deng I don't see a huge problem. They're only three games out of the playoffs right now, and they're probably thinking that they need to do something quick to convince Kyrie to stay. (yes brodeur, I know you think they should let him walk.)

The Kings pick is top 12 protected this year and top 10 protected for the next three years before it becomes a 2nd rounder.

I think it comes down to just how much Deng has left in the tank. I like it more for the Bulls but I don't think it's a disaster for Cleveland.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
If they keep Deng I don't see a huge problem. They're only three games out of the playoffs right now, and they're probably thinking that they need to do something quick to convince Kyrie to stay. (yes brodeur, I know you think they should let him walk.)

The Kings pick is top 12 protected this year and top 10 protected for the next three years before it becomes a 2nd rounder.

I think it comes down to just how much Deng has left in the tank. I like it more for the Bulls but I don't think it's a disaster for Cleveland.
I guess, but whoever resigns Deng likely will have a disaster on their hands. If they don't resign Deng, they blew their wad for the honor of being swept by the Heat or Pacers. Neither situation warrants surrendering assets.