Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-30-2014, 10:52 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Lowry over DeRozan is easy, but both over Joe Johnson by a considerable margin.
what.

Joe Johnson has been absolutely on fire this year, save the last two games or so.

but LOL his contract sux and whatever.

He's the only reason the Nets didn't fully completely and utterly collapse in the beginning part of the year and there have been some games where he's just been on an entirely different level
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Entire franchise definitely needs an overhaul from the top down.

Wait, is this real or not? I really can't tell
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:57 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Yeah, it's D'Antoni's fault that your team is completely devoid of talent. He's not making Kendall ******* Marshall look like gold at times or anything.
You act like Pringles has ever cared about defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
what.

Joe Johnson has been absolutely on fire this year, save the last two games or so.

but LOL his contract sux and whatever.

He's the only reason the Nets didn't fully completely and utterly collapse in the beginning part of the year and there have been some games where he's just been on an entirely different level
He's still not even close to Lowry this year.

Lowry: 16.8 PPG (on less shots), 4.3 RPG, 7.6 APG, 1.6 SPG
Johnson: 15.7 PPG, 3.4 RPG, 2.8 APG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
You act like Pringles has ever cared about defense.
You act like his established pace with a proper set of players didn't completely change the game for a bit. He's a really good coach when he has the right players, and right now, he doesn't have anything even close to players that work in his system. Yet he's still managing to make guys like Steve Blake and Kendall Marshall look good.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:19 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea. Joe Johnson over Lowry is an abomination. I guess you could argue Johnson over DeRozan. It's tough to take the guy averaging 6 less points on a worse team.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:25 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

aaaaaaaaaaand Blake Griffin is now good. Good for him. Perhaps Kyrie's career could unfold similarly? Way too hyped early, very overrated, but works on his game and becomes somewhat underrated in some circles?

Probably not.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blake has always been very good. Kyrie is regressing every year and isn't even an above average player at this point.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-30-2014, 11:37 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

You act like his established pace with a proper set of players didn't completely change the game for a bit. He's a really good coach when he has the right players, and right now, he doesn't have anything even close to players that work in his system. Yet he's still managing to make guys like Steve Blake and Kendall Marshall look good.
Umm I never implied any of that. I flat out know that he has never been concerned with defense. I know that his style changed the game, but he flat out doesn't care about D and never has.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:38 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Blake has always been very good.
No, he was a player who lived for the transition dunk and refused to work on his J. He has progressed big time...still soft on D, and doesn't get near the amount of blocks he should for the the type of athleticism he has.

Quote:
Old 01-30-2014, 11:38 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Umm I never implied any of that. I flat out know that he has never been concerned with defense. I know that his style changed the game, but he flat out doesn't care about D and never has.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
mike antoni. No D
Like I said before

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 11:41 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
No, he was a player who lived for the transition dunk and refused to work on his J. He has progressed big time...still soft on D, and doesn't get near the amount of blocks he should for the the type of athleticism he has.
He's not as bad on D as he's portrayed to be/used to be.

And his jumpshot is definitely better, you're right.

His stats are better, he looks better based on the eye test. When he first got the commercial deals he was overhyped.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:42 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Blake has always been very good. Kyrie is regressing every year and isn't even an above average player at this point.
I agree that at this point he's overrated, but he was very good his rookie year and he didn't just forget how to play basketball since then. Cleveland being an absolute **** show with no offensive structure isn't helping him.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
Like I said before
My man [10 chars]

Quote:
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Yes. He was a player who dominated in the post on offense and while he was not good at shooting jumpers, who gives a **** when you're that good in the post? He was also a damn good rebounder and a decent passer. Not an amazing defender, but still a rock solid player.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-30-2014, 11:44 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
Wait, is this real or not? I really can't tell
Twitter tells me it's real, so it's real.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 07:01 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It should be Lowry and Johnson over derozan, yes.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:03 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

No, it should be Lowry and Stephenson over Johnson and DeRozan. Johnson's numbers are not all star worthy at all, especially over Lowry and Stephenson.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-31-2014, 08:13 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
No, it should be Lowry and Stephenson over Johnson and DeRozan. Johnson's numbers are not all star worthy at all, especially over Lowry and Stephenson.
I have a question: you know when you're walking down the street and you see someone attractive and you get a random embarrassing erection? Does that happen for you with spreadsheets? Or any time you see an assortment of numbers? Like is it difficult for you to walk through a city with building numbers staring at you to contain yourself and not ruin a pair of pants?
Quote:
Old 01-31-2014, 08:21 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I would love to hear an argument for Johnson over Stephenson. There is nothing that Johnson is better at than Stephenson. Defense? Stephenson. Passing? Stephenson. Rebounding? Stephenson. Scoring? Stephenson. He has less points, but he doesn't take as many shots because he has no reason to. But hey, let's pretend that you're some mega jock guy and live 50 years in the past because that's cool to do.

God you suck.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-31-2014, 08:27 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

I suck because I don't swoon over stats? Johnson is a better scorer than Stephenson but that's it and even that's a stretch but I didn't mention Stephenson at all. Like even once. I wasn't aware he didn't even make it which is horse ****. But maybe if you read instead of jumping so quickly to your stat sheet and throwing around cliche jock type insults around like you're a protagonist in an 80s movie about high school. You should put laxatives in my soda, that'll sure show me!
Quote:
Old 01-31-2014, 08:41 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

You're the one acting like an 80s movie villain, I'm not the one just randomly taking shots at people. I mean, JJ DOES deserve the spot more than Kyrie, but I don't really see how he deserves it in general. Maybe over DeRozan. Not over Lowry, Stephenson, Afflalo, Ariza or the newly re-animated corpse of Deron Williams.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-31-2014, 08:42 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I suck because I don't swoon over stats? Johnson is a better scorer than Stephenson but that's it and even that's a stretch but I didn't mention Stephenson at all. Like even once. I wasn't aware he didn't even make it which is horse ****. But maybe if you read instead of jumping so quickly to your stat sheet and throwing around cliche jock type insults around like you're a protagonist in an 80s movie about high school. You should put laxatives in my soda, that'll sure show me!
I'd agree Stephenson over DeRozan, but DeRozan is still more deserving than JJ. I'm on my phone right now but compare their stats.

edit: found them

DeRozan: 21.8 PPG, 4.6 RPG, 3.6 ASG
Joe Johnson: 15.7 PPG, 3.4 RPG, 2.8 ASG

JJ is shooting the higher percentage but DeRozan has the better PER.

Last edited by Bulldogs : 01-31-2014 at 08:46 AM.
Bulldogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:24 AM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PER isn't exactly the best barometer.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:28 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hardaway Jr with 29 points.

Having himself a hell of a rookie season. I like him as a 6th man off the bench. I wouldn't want to increase his minutes beyond that, but I feel like he can carve out a nice niche roll as a solid 6th man.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:42 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanna hear Brodie's case for Boogie being snubbed.