Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-22-2014, 12:16 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The guy needs to cut his hair.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Improving. Post defense is awful, but his offense is interesting.
His offense went from excruciating to only bad...that's interesting?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:20 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
The guy needs to cut his hair.
He should keep it. He'd be the ultimate dopey white guy without it.

And his offense is not bad. It's a weird fit with the current roster, but it's not bad.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:26 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
How does Olynyk look this season?
Like a player that the Celtics shouldn't have traded up to take over Giannis.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:29 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Remember when someone here thought Olynyk was going to be great becasue summer league? Good times.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:35 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Remember when someone here thought Olynyk was going to be great becasue summer league? Good times.
I don't remember anyone thinking that
Old 02-22-2014, 12:38 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I don't remember anyone thinking that
It 100% happened. I think it was Babylon, but I am too lazy to look for anything.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:39 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was Babylon. He was all over Cody Zeller too.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked Olynyk in the draft, but meh, I'm wrong a lot on draft picks.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-22-2014, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I think the East is better than the West. I think Miami, NYK, Indy, Brooklyn and Chicago are a stronger top 5 than SA, OKC, Houston, Memphis, LAC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Yeah. The disparity between the two isn't as great as it was last year.

Fantastic.
Old 02-22-2014, 01:02 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I liked Olynyk in the draft, but meh, I'm wrong a lot on draft picks.
He's going to be good. The defense might never come, but once Stevens installs his system, Olynyk will fit in really well.
Old 02-22-2014, 01:56 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think Anthony Bennett will be a really good player in this league. I look pretty dumb saying that leading up to the draft though... and not too right now.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 07:01 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you aren't hitting at least 46-48% of your shots you aren't very good at creating your own shot and should probably be doing it far less often and I'm being generous, my initial number was going to be 50%. Easier said than done

If you aren't hitting that number though you are forcing things and as Josh Smith so brilliantly proves year after year, anyone can just force up shots, that isn't creating a shot though. The sad thing is before he started "creating" shots he was actually doing that... It seems so hard to believe that it was only 5 years ago that he only attempted 7 3s over 81 games...

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:57 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Overall, Olynyk hasn't been great this year, but he's definitely shown some flashes. When I watch him right now it seems like it's all about confidence. When his shot isn't falling initially he begins to hesitate on open looks and will miss shots that he easily has the ability to make. I think the confidence will come with time and he will show to be a better shooter than his percentages indicate this year.

-Average rebounder (not a liability there as some predicted)
-Poor defender
-Excellent passer (has really impressed me in this regard)
-Good ball handler for a big
-Good shooter (I think his percentages will improve with experience when he settles into his role and becomes comfortable with it)

I said before the year I thought he could become a good role player and I'm sticking with that one. Danny Ainge himself even said that he thought Olynyk would be a good role player post draft, so the "star" predictions were always very off base.
Old 02-22-2014, 01:14 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The creating his own shot thing does make sense in every way, it is just an overused phrase that's often used when people can't think of another way of describing a player's ability.

Jamaal Crawford can create his own shot. Kyle Korver cannot. Kemba Walker can create his own shot. Jimmer Frederre cannot.
Old 02-22-2014, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

This dunk > DeAndre's dunk

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-22-2014, 01:43 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's not even in the same league as Deandre's.
Old 02-22-2014, 01:54 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
The creating his own shot thing does make sense in every way, it is just an overused phrase that's often used when people can't think of another way of describing a player's ability.

Jamaal Crawford can create his own shot. Kyle Korver cannot. Kemba Walker can create his own shot. Jimmer Frederre cannot.
White people lack wiggle.
Old 02-22-2014, 02:08 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Charlie V sighting in that clip!

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
That's not even in the same league as Deandre's.
You're right, it's way ahead of his. DeAndre just caught a pass and dunked over a 6'3 PG in front of him. Dre stole a ball, sprinted down court and dunked over a 6'8 guy from the side. Easy choice.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-22-2014, 02:37 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deandre's looks cooler because he throws a little guy to the ground. Drummond's is significantly more athletic.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 02:59 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

What a joke. Drummond had a significant head start and he had a clear lane to dunk. He didn't do anything special
Old 02-22-2014, 03:27 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mean it was a nice dunk and a very athletic play for his size but it's nothing more than that if Elton Brand's corpse had some semblance of coordination or athleticism.

I don't even wanna hate on this but let's not make it something it's not.
Old 02-22-2014, 05:21 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to see the look on Jamisons face after he got on the plane to Atlanta to only get waived the next day.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

In this thread, people continually refuse to give Dre some credit.

RIP TheManInBlack