Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-22-2014, 05:47 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

there needs to be more Kyle Anderson talk when discussing prospects
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 05:51 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
I want to see the look on Jamisons face after he got on the plane to Atlanta to only get waived the next day.
Jamison and Larry Hughes, the Cavaliers thoughts for number two options for LeBron.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 06:02 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I mean it was a nice dunk and a very athletic play for his size but it's nothing more than that if Elton Brand's corpse had some semblance of coordination or athleticism.

I don't even wanna hate on this but let's not make it something it's not.
Well, to the argument, Elton Brand's corpse probably poses a bigger obstacle than little Brandon Knight.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 06:51 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Well, to the argument, Elton Brand's corpse probably poses a bigger obstacle than little Brandon Knight.
Except for Brandon Knight was actually dunked ON because he was actually between Jordan and the basket to contest. Dre didn't dunk on Brand at all, he dunked past him and Elton clumsily feel down.

Brody I really like Dre and am not trying to kill his vibe but I feel like I'm taking crazy pulls here. It was a great overall play for a 7 footer but the dunk itself isn't nearly as good as you, prock, and the Pistons bench seem to think.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shut up TACKLE.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 07:38 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You are the Michael Jordan of being a son of a b*tch.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smoove! The man is on fire haha.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:57 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it was a really nice play but the dunk wouldn't be in the top 10 this year

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Should I call you YELLOW KING?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
it was a really nice play but the dunk wouldn't be in the top 10 this year

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-22-2014, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Losing to the freefalling Atlanta Hawks. Impressive, Knicks.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-22-2014, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Losing to the freefalling Atlanta Hawks. Impressive, Knicks.
Blew a pretty sizable halftime lead as well. You'd think the Knicks were intentionally tanking.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:54 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even when Jsmooves has a nice night King Monta was there to ruin it for yall

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 09:04 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ready yo watch this Kings/Celtics game.

I wonder if they would join Embiid with Cousins. That is a scary duo.

Old 02-22-2014, 09:07 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Ready yo watch this Kings/Celtics game.

I wonder if they would join Embiid with Cousins. That is a scary duo.
a duo that wouldn't make any sense what so ever...
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Moving Cousins from center would be pretty dumb. He'd think he is a stretch 4 and it would be so hilarious.
Old 02-22-2014, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Blew a pretty sizable halftime lead as well. You'd think the Knicks were intentionally tanking.
5.5 games out of a playoff spot with 26 games left. Time is ticking.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-22-2014, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

No way they make playoffs. I'd be shocked.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:48 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
a duo that wouldn't make any sense what so ever...
I don't agree. Cousins could play the 4. Both have the ability to be great passers and can work inside and out. This Kings team isn't going anywhere without a defensive presence. What happens if they add Parker? He is just an upgrade over Gay, who has played his best basketball for Sacramento. The upside to Embiid is much greater as far as the ultimate goal is concerned.

Of course, a lot of their future hinges on McLemore's development. And it doesn't seem they plan on keeping Thomas so it will be interesting to see what they end up doing at PG.

Old 02-22-2014, 10:49 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Who has the Knicks pick this year?

Old 02-22-2014, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Who has the Knicks pick this year?
Nugs. And Ben McLemore is atrocious.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:03 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Isn't Michael Jordan the Michael Jordan of being a son of a *****?
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:31 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
I don't agree. Cousins could play the 4. Both have the ability to be great passers and can work inside and out. This Kings team isn't going anywhere without a defensive presence. What happens if they add Parker? He is just an upgrade over Gay, who has played his best basketball for Sacramento. The upside to Embiid is much greater as far as the ultimate goal is concerned.

Of course, a lot of their future hinges on McLemore's development. And it doesn't seem they plan on keeping Thomas so it will be interesting to see what they end up doing at PG.
There is literally no shot that he can play the 4. At all. That thought is silly. It'd be a worse josh smith situation.

Parker could give them stretch lineups with him and cool.

Actually, exum would be an awesome fit with them. They need an identity.
Quote:
Old 02-22-2014, 11:32 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

He could play the 4.

I agree Exum would be an intriguing fit.

Old 02-23-2014, 06:38 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the way the draft will play out will keep us from needing this discussion. Embiid is going top three, and if we ended up in the top three we would easily prefer Parker or Wiggins. I love Embiid and what he does, and his amazing potential, but he absolutely would be an awkward fit for the Kings.

Firstly, Cousins isn't moving from the 5 on offense. It's just not gonna happen, especially not for a pretty raw player offensively like Embiid. Cousins is the best offensive 5 in the league that actually has the body size to play the 5 nightly. If you really tried you could make it work where Embiid played the 4 spot in the high post, but that's really a waste of his athletic advantage over opponents his size. Like I said, you could find ways to manage minutes and shift changes where you could make it work, but it's not natural at all. While he would be a great addition to the defense, it would create an equally if not more awkward situation on defense. If you shifted boogie to the 4 on defense, he would get ruined by small and quick 4s that can stretch the floor, effectively removing a top 3 rebounder in the world from the area where he can be most productive.

All in all, if we end up in a situation where we have to choose between Embiid and the field, I think we try to maneuver a trade. If we don't land one of the elite wings, we have to shift to either Exum or Smart. If that isn't a viable option I'd look to package the pick to bring in an established guy.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:00 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Yeah, no. Boogie at the 4 would be horrendous. On both sides of the court. On defense, they'd get destroyed by the quicker bigs and as sox said, you take boogie out of the paint where he's best. And on offense, that floor spacing would be awful. Having boogie off the block? Really? None of it makes sense even a little bit
Quote: