Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-28-2014, 01:09 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LBJ
Durant
Paul
Love
George

Those are the first 5 that come to mind right now. I know I'm missing someone...but those were the names I thought of.

Harden is right in there, along with Curry, Howard, and others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:09 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
He's really not. For arguments sake, let's say both aren't good defenders. So defense is a wash.

Melo is shooting 46%, 43% from 3, 84% from the FT, 8.5 rebounds, 3 assists, 0.7 blocks per game and 28 ppg. 2nd in the league in ppg. He's having arguably the best season of his career but it's lost in the mix bc:

1. You ppl hate on Melo waaaaaaay too much on this forum.
2. Bc the Knicks suck major dick this year.

Love on the other hand:

Same fg % at 46, 38% from 3, 82% from FT, 13 rebounds per game, 4 assists, 0.4 blocks per game, and 26.6 points per game.

So like we all suspected, he is a better passer and rebounder, but less of a scorer, and ironically enough, he's a worse rim protector than Melo.

Stats wise, they're a wash for the most part, the differences btw them are negligible, but I'd argue Melo is a better defender and game closer.

Even if you disagree with my opinion, there's no way you can say he's way better when you look at it statistically. They're at the very least, very similar.

I take Melo over Love any day of the week.
Page trap.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And maybe it's personal preference on my part, but I want my PF and C to play defense. They're the rim protectors, a PF who doesn't play defense is a huge liability.

You can get away with your wing or backcourt having weak defense, but if your front court is weak your team defense is going to suck.

I take Love down several notches because he's a PF who sucks on defense.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:13 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Melo takes 22 shots per game as opposed to Love's 18. While he may average more ppg, it doesn't necessarily make him a better scorer and he's clearly less efficient. Love has a secondary skill that he happens to be the best in the world at, while Melo offers little to nothing else aside from his scoring. It's not even a question for me.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

If he was less efficient, why does he have the same FG% and a better 3 point FG%?

The numbers are close enough either way that it's essentially a wash. The only difference being Melo is a wing with mediocre defense and Love is a PF with mediocre defense.

Which in my eyes, penalizes him more.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

And lastly, if Melo and Love are essentially a statistical wash, I find it hilarious that ppl on here laugh at the notion that Melo is a top 5 player but then think Love is.

Double standard much?

Yeah, let's ignore that Love sucks on defense and is a perennial loser, but then use those same arguments against Melo.

They're either both near top 5 status or neither is. If you think Melo isn't top 5, then putting Love in your top 5 is just as comical.

I get ppl want to clown on Melo bc I kind of asked for it, but you guys are ridiculous with your agendas on here.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:17 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can post however many times you'd like but you can't ignore the fact that Melo has no above average secondary skill while Love has an elite secondary and above average passing skills.

Now you're just making up arguments. Id gladly have Melo in my top ten. But he's not anywhere near the value that Love is, and id take guys like Curry, George, Harden, Davis and Boogie ahead of him.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

And for all the talk of how Love is a great passer and Melo is a ball hog, Love only averages ONE assist more per game.

Yeah. Amazing passer.

It's hilarious that Melo actually averages more blocks per game than Love. That tells you how pathetic he is as a rim protector.

If Melo has 1 singular skill that he's great at, then make the same argument for Love. Don't have it both ways. It's hypocritical.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:20 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

What part can't you ******* understand about Love being the best rebounder in the NBA? Is that not a skill? Wtf
Old 02-28-2014, 01:21 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

as a wolves fan I understand the thought process behind love being overrated. Even I pretty strongly disagree with the notion that he's a top 5 player. About 50% of the time he literally doesn't even try to help defend around the rim. But he's better than Melo by a decent amount. (who is admittedly having a good season.)
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DeAndre Jordan and Dre are better rebounders, but I agree with you.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:24 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Only Dre and Boogie have a case. Those three have a nose for the ball that no one else does. Guys like Jordan and Howard are just bigger and more athletic than everyone else and stand in the paint for 36 minutes.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

He's not. Drummond is.

And he averages 13 rebounds a game. We have 6 players who average within 1 rebound of Kevin Love.

It's not like the man gets 16 rebounds a game, he's not a rebound machine, there are several players who are close to him.

What's the difference btw 13 rpg and 12? It's basically the same ****.

And his assists per game are greatly exaggerated as he only averages 4.

And he's an awful defender at the 4. You can spin it all you want but having a 4 that sucks on defense is a huge liability.

Sorry, he's just not top 5 material. You want to argue top 10, fine. But top 5, no way in hell.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I'm not arguing Melo for top 5, bc I don't feel he is. I'm just using him as a comparison sake to point out that there's no way you can have Love in your top 5 when Melo and Love are basically having the same season.

I'd argue Melo's season is better, but hey. Whatever.

Love is not a top 5 player in the league. If Melo's a bad contract, so is Love.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:26 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trolling or serious with some of this stuff I am not sure

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Only Dre and Boogie have a case. Those three have a nose for the ball that no one else does. Guys like Jordan and Howard are just bigger and more athletic than everyone else and stand in the paint for 36 minutes.
Jordan is an amazing rebounder, don't discount it because of where/how he plays.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:28 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Listening to your stupidity is making my head hurt already. His rebounding numbers are down because of his role in the offense, not because he isn't skilled. His rebounding average has gone down every year as his 3pa have gone up. He's arguably the best and the only other guys that can make a case are Drummond and Boogie. Melo sucks ass at everything aside from scoring, you can't even make a case for him being above average, much less elite at anything else.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:32 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Jordan is an amazing rebounder, don't discount it because of where/how he plays.
I'm not discounting it, I am simply saying that I feel the other three are better. If you put a tall athletic guy with decent instincts in the paint for an entire game, he should get you 12+ rebounds.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

You're just making excuses to justify it. Melo sucks ass at everything else. Sure. He was a MVP candidate last year.

If Love's role on offense is the reason for his numbers going down, why isn't that an excuse for Melo?

Love has better players around him too. Who the hell does Melo have right now?

You can't be a Love apologist without pointing out the same for Melo. You can't.

Love has his flaws just like Melo does. Neither is top 5. To make an argument for Love is incredibly hypocritical. Especially when Melo is having a better season.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:35 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

You're clearly too dense to understand anything I am saying so I'm no longer responding to your posts.

And it'll be cute when you try to play this off later as another lame trolling attempt when you clearly believe this to be true.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Paul George >>>>

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 01:48 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

This isn't trolling. It's fact.

Love is not nearly as good as you think he is.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love is as amazing. Go away BBD.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Forenci's approval of Love should be reason enough to believe he's overrated.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Remember when BBD loved us getting Felton? Or thought Woodson was a top 5 coach? Or thought Iman Shumpert was a star? Or thought we would crush the Pacers last year? Or thought we'd be great this year?

Oddly enough. Anything BBD thinks is good/bad automatically equates the polar opposite to be true. Use this to your advantage, people.