Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2014, 06:02 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jabari Parker to the Kings needs to happen

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
Todd Gurley to Oakland 2k15
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:11 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You don't need another Rudy Cool on that team

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:18 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes we will once Rudy opts out for more guaranteed money this summer and he signs with the Pistons.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:24 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Jabari Parker to the Kings needs to happen
No, he needs to be a Laker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:27 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even if the Lakers had a shot at him, they'd probably take Embiid.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:27 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
You don't need another Rudy Cool on that team
He'll be much better than Rudy, I'd conspire him to Melo/Pierce

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 03-03-2014, 06:39 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Even if the Lakers had a shot at him, they'd probably take Embiid.
Yeah, I still dont know how to feel about Embiid...he looks to have great potential, but he strikes me as a guy who will have injury problems for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:51 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm getting major Thabeet and Olowokandi vibes from Embiid. He never touched a basketball until he was like 17.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:55 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

It isn't like he's just producing because of his size. He does the little things that pop out, like react to help from the weak side, pass out of double teams, soft touch inside, he uses his length well to put the ball in the basket. I don't think he'll be a Thabeet type of bust. If anything, the fact that he has only played ball for like three years excites me. It looks like he's a natural.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:03 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Embiid needs to get stronger, but that will come. He's very agile and has ridiculously good instincts. His BBIQ is very high, and not just "...for someone who hasn't played that long." He sees plays develop really well.

The Dream comparisons are lofty, but not terribly inaccurate. His feet and balance are amazing. He has a nice, soft touch. I wouldn't be surprised if he developed a really good outside game.

His offensive game is further along than his defensive game (though you'd think differently). He can get a lot better at anticipating on the defensive side, and his lack of girth fails him on that end, at times, against older bigs (e.g. Ridley, Gathers).
Old 03-03-2014, 07:39 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Embiid is far from a finished product and is likely the most gifted 7 footer we have seen since Greg Oden. If his knees or back dont blow up I can't see why he isn't a 17/10/3 guy in the NBA.

Parker however I think can become a outstanding scorer if he continues to improve his game and athletic maturity. With how the NBA is going Parker will easily fit in as a SF/PF and be a 24/8/4 player. Wiggins is the player I have concern about but would still easily take him 3rd

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 03-03-2014, 07:42 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Embiid's gonna be good. Even if he's not a dominant scorer, he's a dominant rebounder, and it's not just because of his size ala Thabeet in college.

He's got tons of potential. Yes, while watching him I saw he needs to add muscle but that's not really a problem at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smoove just took an excellent long 2 for his 1st shot of the game. Knicks-Pistons should be hilarious.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:50 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Smoove just took an excellent long 2 for his 1st shot of the game. Knicks-Pistons should be hilarious.
after the Nets only score 35 points at half and are being outscored as a team by Noah-Boozer-Gibson, I'm totally gonna switch over to that
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:54 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
after the Nets only score 35 points at half and are being outscored as a team by Noah-Boozer-Gibson, I'm totally gonna switch over to that
BULLS BULLS BULLS!

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God, the Pistons are so bad.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shaun Livingston ************.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:38 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

I bet $200 on the Lakers Blazers game, under 222

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 03-03-2014, 08:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Embiid's gonna be good. Even if he's not a dominant scorer, he's a dominant rebounder, and it's not just because of his size ala Thabeet in college.

He's got tons of potential. Yes, while watching him I saw he needs to add muscle but that's not really a problem at all.
Well he ain't a dominant rebounder now, so that's some amazing foresight you got there.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:51 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Well he ain't a dominant rebounder now, so that's some amazing foresight you got there.
uhm. 8.1 in 23 minutes as a freshman in the Big 12.

(edit: He's averaging 14 boards per 40. so, there's that)

Meanwhile, for reference, Thabeet averaged 8.5 for his career in college.

So, uhm, yeah.

Not to mention Embiid's 2+ blocks per game.
Quote:

Last edited by scottyboy : 03-03-2014 at 08:53 PM.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why did the Knicks let Zach Randolph go again ?

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:55 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wootylicous View Post
Why did the Knicks let Zach Randolph go again ?
Quote:
Old 03-03-2014, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Randolph was an absolutely atrocious player to be fair.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Embiid is far from a finished product and is likely the most gifted 7 footer we have seen since Greg Oden. If his knees or back dont blow up I can't see why he isn't a 17/10/3 guy in the NBA.

Parker however I think can become a outstanding scorer if he continues to improve his game and athletic maturity. With how the NBA is going Parker will easily fit in as a SF/PF and be a 24/8/4 player. Wiggins is the player I have concern about but would still easily take him 3rd
Agree with you. Like to add that I think Exum will be special... maybe the most out of this whole class in the end.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:09 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Agree with you. Like to add that I think Exum will be special... maybe the most out of this whole class in the end.
I don't understand the recent hate this class is starting to get from the media, the Tournament hasn't even happened yet and I see tons of talent. Embiid, Parker, Wiggins, Randle, Smart and Exum are legit game changing prospects and the NBA will see an influx of talent similar to the 2003 draft

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707