Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-13-2008, 10:42 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow Devan George saved us lol...Thats gotta be the most irrelevant person ever to block a trade, but I was happy when I heard...All the announcers here in Dallas are sucking up to Kidd, and his locker was already cleared in Jersey so id imagine they still find a way to get him here...

but we need 2 figure out how to rework this deal, we were getting raped before, I dont care how good Kidd is going to be the next few years...The Suns only gave up one guy for Shaq, Lakers didnt give up anyone for Gasol, and we were trying to trade all our depth, starters, picks, cash, its way too much....I want to see him here, but for the right price...

Id like to think Devin Harris, Diop, and 2 picks would be plenty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:43 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice win for the Magic tonight...Dwight was huge w/ 23 points and 24 boards...and Rashard finally scored over 20 points for the first time since January 15th. Ha, it's been a while but, he played very well tonight.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Wow Devan George saved us lol...Thats gotta be the most irrelevant person ever to block a trade, but I was happy when I heard...All the announcers here in Dallas are sucking up to Kidd, and his locker was already cleared in Jersey so id imagine they still find a way to get him here...

but we need 2 figure out how to rework this deal, we were getting raped before, I dont care how good Kidd is going to be the next few years...The Suns only gave up one guy for Shaq, Lakers didnt give up anyone for Gasol, and we were trying to trade all our depth, starters, picks, cash, its way too much....I want to see him here, but for the right price...

Id like to think Devin Harris, Diop, and 2 picks would be plenty
I don't think the salaries will match up to make that deal work.

If anything we should also look for a cheaper alternatives for our PG need. I'm still looking at either Sam Cassell or Andre Miller as possible options. Sam Cassell tops my list with his experience in big games and the playoffs. In the end we just need mentally tough veteran who can lead this team in the Playoffs.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 10:57 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I don't think the salaries will match up to make that deal work.

If anything we should also look for a cheaper alternatives for our PG need. I'm still looking at either Sam Cassell or Andre Miller as possible options. Sam Cassell tops my list with his experience in big games and the playoffs. In the end we just need mentally tough veteran who can lead this team in the Playoffs.

Didn't you say you wanted a PG who could faciliate the offense? Because Cassell can really stop ball movement and is definetly a shoot first point guard. I would rather have Miller for you guys. He's always been a very underrated player.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:08 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

having the sam cassell on the team would make me not want to watch the game cause i cant stand to look at him

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:42 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow the Suns vs Warriors game was insane, not even mad that we lost, Monta Ellis is a beast, he was throwing up Kobe type of stuff and it was all dropping, there were a few questionable calls down the stretch & Tommy Nunez Jr. continues to prove that he may be the worst Ref in the NBA, but a great game none the less

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:43 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

does any1 know what the spread was for the Celtics game?

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:46 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Wow the Suns vs Warriors game was insane, not even mad that we lost, Monta Ellis is a beast, he was throwing up Kobe type of stuff and it was all dropping, there were a few questionable calls down the stretch & Tommy Nunez Jr. continues to prove that he may be the worst Ref in the NBA, but a great game none the less
Yeah. What a sick game. Ellis was just tearing it up. And I agree. The officiating was pretty iffy down the stretch.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 11:59 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Yeah. What a sick game. Ellis was just tearing it up. And I agree. The officiating was pretty iffy down the stretch.
I wish each division played each other more, it would create some great rivalry's

How does the NBA schedule games right now? some thing like 16 games in your division? they should bump it up to 24 if that's correct

Plus who wouldn't want to watch more Suns vs Lakers & Suns vs Warriors games

Old 02-14-2008, 12:01 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah for the time short time I was watching the Suns were getting some calls go their way, but I just chalked it up to the refs wanting to see a good game. Too bad Barbosa choked. I still don't like not putting the ball in your best player's hands with the game on the line. Oh well. Good win for the Warriors. My friend's a big fan of theirs and shed light on the fact that Biedrins really doesn't get a lot of playing time. I imagine he'll be going to a different team this off-season.
thetedginnshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:04 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

they just explained on ESPN why Devan George blocked the trade....had something to do with the "Larry Bird" clause (teams would be allowed to sign him in Free Agency without using the mid level exemption=mumbo jumbo), and if he were to be traded it would then negate the clause and thus he would not be able to be a free agent....

I think.... :(
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:28 AM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank you Devean George, still helping out the Lake Show!

(Although they could still get done one way or the other)
Old 02-14-2008, 12:28 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wish each division played each other more, it would create some great rivalry's

How does the NBA schedule games right now? some thing like 16 games in your division? they should bump it up to 24 if that's correct

Plus who wouldn't want to watch more Suns vs Lakers & Suns vs Warriors games
Yeah seriously. Suns vs Warriors/Lakers is always fun to watch.

Suns/Warriors vs anyone is always fun to watch.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:49 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
does any1 know what the spread was for the Celtics game?
does any1 know it's kinda important

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:56 AM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

ah...money riding on it I see...

nope can't help...sorry
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 01:05 AM    (permalink
wingboy2999
Pro Bowler

wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wingboy2999 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
wow, how the **** does devean george have a no-trade clause in a 1 year contract...

are you ******* kidding me?????
He has it because, if traded, he'd lose his Bird Rights.

Quote:
Perhaps the most well-known of the NBA's salary cap exceptions, it is so named because the Boston Celtics were the first team permitted to exceed the salary cap to re-sign one of their own players (in that case, Larry Bird). Free agents who qualify for this exception are called "qualifying veteran free agents" or "Bird Free Agents" in the CBA, and this exception falls under the auspices of the Veteran Free Agent exception. In a nutshell, the Larry Bird exception allows teams to exceed the salary cap to re-sign their own free agents, at an amount up to the maximum salary. To qualify as a Bird free agent, a player must have played three seasons without being waived or changing teams as a free agent. This means a player can obtain "Bird rights" by playing under three one-year contracts, a single contract of at least three years, or any combination thereof. It also means that when a player is traded, his Bird rights are traded with him, and his new team can use the Bird exception to re-sign him. Bird-exception contracts can be up to six years in length.

Devean George is THE MAN! Haha.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08
wingboy2999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 01:47 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, Monta has been unreal the last ten games, what is more impressive about tonight is he got 37 and yet only took 2 free throws.

Also lol at Devon George going 0 for 11, hours after using his no-trade clause to block the deal. Must have been a frustrating day for him

Last edited by WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? : 02-14-2008 at 01:55 AM. Reason: Because I suck
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 01:57 AM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Hakim Warrick is such a stud. I could not believe at one point in the season that Brian Cardinal was getting more minutes than him. Yeah, that's right - BRIAN F'ING CARDINAL. Iavaroni complained that he didn't play good defense and that's why he wasn't playing very much...who plays defense in the NBA?? Rudy Cool even called out Iavaroni for not playing him. I love it. Warrick's a beast. [/rant from a die-hard Syracuse fan]
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:06 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillaraiderfan View Post
Thank you Devean George, still helping out the Lake Show!

(Although they could still get done one way or the other)
It's hilarious.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 01:00 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm surprised the spurs aren't looking to make a move.

i guess they're still confident in their big 3.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 01:35 PM    (permalink
JPLUFF
Veteran

JPLUFF hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Anyone notice that Devean George went 0-11 last night after blocking that trade.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:48 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
I'm surprised the spurs aren't looking to make a move.

i guess they're still confident in their big 3.
Well they don't really have anyone of value to trade besides the Big 3, they have a lot of expiring contracts(Barry, Horry, Oberto, Finley, Elson & Spanoulis) but after the reaction to the Gasol trade I doubt anyone is going to do anything like that(besides maybe the Grizzlies again with Miller), plus the Spurs generally rely on role players, good fundamentally sound, defensive guys who can hit open shots.

Old 02-14-2008, 04:11 PM    (permalink
nvot9
All-Pro

Location: And it's not even that big of a deal, something like 8% of kids do it.
nvot9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Now that DChess has mentioned it, I say we do and NBA fantasy draft soon..

Jets will not take McFadden...
nvot9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 04:17 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

I'm always down to be the Suns GM, it will be interesting with Shaq now

Old 02-14-2008, 04:23 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ill do it. i just dont wanna set it up
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote