Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-07-2014, 01:52 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Just how its always going to be. Clippers will always be the little step brother in town...they will have their run and talk their game just like Fucla football right now...but in the end they will always be the 2nd team in LA.
The forecast comment was in relation to the storm of the Knicks. Don't try to appropriate BBD's prophecy to your own team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 01:58 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#AStormIsStillComing
Old 03-07-2014, 09:05 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one that wouldn't draft Joel Embiid with the first overall pick?

Why would I do that if I am Milwaukee? Larry Sanders and John Henson are bright spots I would say for sure..

And in Philly they still have to give Noel a chance for sure so yeah.

Embiid doesn't have much of a wow factor and tbh Greg Oden was a lot better in college at this point. Embiid has back problems? regardless if it is a big deal or not he is 19 and sat out a game or 2 I believe for this injury... I do not get it, to me he does not even have the potential of somebody like Wiggins or Parker.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drummond missed time last year at 19 with back problems, and hasn't had a single issue this season.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I am a GM I take Wiggins first overall.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That said Embiid looks like he could develop into a star at C and that is valuable. More valuable than a potential star at SF.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's just nothing terribly impressive about Wiggins this year, so I've backed way off. I guess I'd take Embiid, but Parker is close. Other than that, this draft is so meh at this point...and I haven't seen enough Exum.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-07-2014, 09:34 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there anything that he is just really dominant in? I mean and Brodeur if you are Milwaukee you still take Embiid? or philly

I just feel like he is more raw than the other froshs
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:38 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wiggins all day. It's not hard to see what he has the potential to do. It's him or Embiid for me.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:47 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get people hanging onto Wiggins at #1, he just hasn't been overly impressive as a prospect this year. don't like his jumper, ball handling, or lack of strength around the rim.

And good god brodeur your team is ******* embarrassing.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 09:47 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Is there anything that he is just really dominant in? I mean and Brodeur if you are Milwaukee you still take Embiid? or philly

He's gonna be a dominant weak side defender at the very least, and once he puts on some weight he will be strong enough to handle NBA bigs man to man. He's a very good rebounder and pretty skilled on offense as well. Guys his age don't show what he has, much less with the amount of time he has played. He has excellent foot work (watch him in the post, ball spins, pivots, pump fakes), and has soft touch around the rim.

The Bucks are low on Sanders and will probably try their best to unload him this offseason. He has a ton of internal issues with the team and his play has dropped off this year as well. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if they take Embiid, and on that same topic, if I miss out on the top 10 or so players I wouldn't mind dangling that pick for Sanders.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post

Ehhhhhh, I don't know. I'd try to trade Sanders and roll with Giannis/Henderson/Embiid as a frontcourt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I don't get people hanging onto Wiggins at #1, he just hasn't been overly impressive as a prospect this year. don't like his jumper, ball handling, or lack of strength around the rim.

And good god brodeur your team is ******* embarrassing.
I don't want to talk about it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-07-2014, 11:00 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drummond fouling out in 21 minutes and Josh Smith going 4/14 makes me smile.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:38 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rockets just outscored the Pacers 38-16 in the 3rd. Harden with 16 of them.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:43 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pacers .500 in their last 14.

Old 03-07-2014, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pacers have looked like dogshit. They came out so hard this year and may have blown their wad. Still think they will get up for the Heat series though.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Raptors will beat them in round 2.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-07-2014, 11:49 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Pacers have looked like dogshit. They came out so hard this year and may have blown their wad. Still think they will get up for the Heat series though.
Agree completely with the first part. Not sure about the second.

Old 03-07-2014, 11:50 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Raptors will beat them in round 2.
Nope. I'll let everyone else take the Nuggets jokes though.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:50 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Nope. I'll let everyone else take the Nuggets jokes though.
Hey, I had ZERO expectations for them this year.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-07-2014, 11:52 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How much of it do you think is on George? He's gone from very good to pretty damn bad on offense over the last month or so.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Agree completely with the first part. Not sure about the second.
The just want it so bad. You can tell it in interviews. I feel like they started the season in 'something to prove' mode, but you can't keep that up for 82 games. Against a team they hate, in a 7 game series, I think they get that fire back. That not to say they don't have offensive issues....they do, but that was the case last year as well.
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Raptors have a solid ******* team. They have shown they can beat the Pacers. Can they beat them in a series, probably not but I could see it happening.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
How much of it do you think is on George? He's gone from very good to pretty damn bad on offense over the last month or so.
You have to say a lot. That said, Stephenson is doing more dumb stuff. Hibbert has been looking far less menacing. I think they are just a little burnt out after going consistently harder than any other team for the first 50 games.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:56 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The just want it so bad. You can tell it in interviews. I feel like they started the season in 'something to prove' mode, but you can't keep that up for 82 games. Against a team they hate, in a 7 game series, I think they get that fire back. That not to say they don't have offensive issues....they do, but that was the case last year as well.
I think their bubble is susceptible to burst under several circumstances. Losing the one seed they worked so hard for while the heat coasted. Having a long series in the second round. Losing either 2 in Miami to start the series or losing game 1 at home.

I just don't see it for them.