Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-19-2014, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
With Phil bringing the triangle to NY, I wonder if we need a PG as much as we used to. Phil never really put much emphasis on PG.

If the Knicks keep Melo, and play him at the 4, and if the rumors of Phil being high on Shump are true, then you have:

C: ?
PF: Melo
SF: Shump
SG: Hardaway Jr
PG: ?

As the potential lineup moving forward. Before it seemed like a slam dunk that the Knicks needed a great PG, but now with the triangle I don't know if they emphasize the position as much.

It makes me wonder if we go after a guy like Shaun Livingston to play PG for us. He fits the mold of a Phil Jackson PG. He's a good defender, smart, and he can hit some open 3s.

Only question is how much he's going to cost after breaking out in Brooklyn.

The other question is what position the 2nd star player will play (realistically I expect Phil to recruit another star player in 2015 to play with Melo).
That is a terrible triangle team...and a lousy start to a lineup.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 02:54 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
That is a terrible triangle team...and a lousy start to a lineup.
I don't know much about the Triangle, why would it be a terrible triangle team?

What qualities does the triangle look for in each position?
Old 03-19-2014, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He can in theory fit, but he's not exactly the best passer, which could limit his effectiveness in it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-19-2014, 03:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're talking about Livingston?

I thought the triangle minimized the need for a great passing PG? Half the time the PG doesn't even bring up the ball in a triangle offense from what I recall.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:29 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fun fact, Phil Jackson has only won 1 COY award and it took 72 wins to do it.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
You're talking about Livingston?

I thought the triangle minimized the need for a great passing PG? Half the time the PG doesn't even bring up the ball in a triangle offense from what I recall.
I meant Melo.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-19-2014, 03:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I meant Melo.
The triangle always has room for scorers. He adjusted it for Shaq, he'll tweak it for Melo too.

If Melo leaves I want Aldridge as his replacement.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:49 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Melo would need to pretty much play exclusively on the block and would need to look to do more than just score when he got the ball down low. (in the lineup you proposed)

It theory, it could be tweaked and would work fine, but Melo iso ball would need to be effectively eliminated.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:52 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't even know what Phil Jackson expects to accomplish personnel wise. I can't even think of a dream scenario, with or without Melo, that doesn't involve James.

The class of 2015 was supposed to be special but Kyrie, Love, and Aldridge?

Kyrie's not that good, Love's good but is he going to change the fortunes - he sucks on D and is not proven to be a No. 1 option who wins, and Aldridge is just OK.

Like if everrrrrrrrrrything broke right, what would they even look like?

PG: Kyrie
SG: THJ
SF: ?
C: Aldridge

Like is that what we're hoping for? Meh.

I don't really get what Jackson's going to do to help the team contend personnel-wise in the next two offseasons... unless he gets LeBron.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:54 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

That team would be like Big 3 Heat ultra-lite. Not nearly as good of players and just as crappy of a bench (at the beginning).
Old 03-19-2014, 03:56 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's exactly my point. That team wouldn't win a championship. Even if you substituted Melo for Love.

Bleh. I mean I guess it could if Kyrie made a huge leap.

I wish Wall was a FA.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:00 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aldridge against Hibbert, Noah, Drummond, etc? Come on now, the reason they are doing so well is because Lopez is going against them. Aldridge at center already is a recipe to not win the whole thing.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:31 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't even know what Phil Jackson expects to accomplish personnel wise. I can't even think of a dream scenario, with or without Melo, that doesn't involve James.

The class of 2015 was supposed to be special but Kyrie, Love, and Aldridge?

Kyrie's not that good, Love's good but is he going to change the fortunes - he sucks on D and is not proven to be a No. 1 option who wins, and Aldridge is just OK.

Like if everrrrrrrrrrything broke right, what would they even look like?

PG: Kyrie
SG: THJ
SF: ?
C: Aldridge

Like is that what we're hoping for? Meh.

I don't really get what Jackson's going to do to help the team contend personnel-wise in the next two offseasons... unless he gets LeBron.
The main issue is getting the players into a system and getting rid of anyone who doesn't buy-in to it. The real issue with the Knicks is Woodson ******* blows.

You put the guys they have now into a triangle offense and have them buying in to what Phil and his coaching staff are trying to accomplish, and they'll win. Felton, Shumpert/Hardaway, Melo, Amare, and Chandler is a pretty ideal starting 5 for Phil. He needs front court depth and reliable shooters off the bench. More importantly, he needs a higher percentage of smart basketball players on this team. That's where the real discrepancy is at the moment.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:18 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stupid Knicks are going to blow this. I was eagerly awaiting the BBD overreaction if we won handily.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:20 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

#AStormIsComing

It's amazing what this team can do when they actually care about winning. Now we need the stupid Hawks to start losing so we can upset the Pacers in 6 games in the 1st round of the playoffs, sweep the Bulls in the 2nd round, and beat the Heat in 6, then beat the Rockets in 5 to complete the storm.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:27 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this whole knicks playoff push is hilarious considering they're still 4 games out...and only 2 ahead of Cleveland. All this winning is doing is thwarting my dreams of Ty Lawson and Wiggins running the sweetest up-tempo, fast-break, alley-oop filled offense
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:30 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
#AStormIsComing

It's amazing what this team can do when they actually care about winning. Now we need the stupid Hawks to start losing so we can upset the Pacers in 6 games in the 1st round of the playoffs, sweep the Bulls in the 2nd round, and beat the Heat in 6, then beat the Rockets in 5 to complete the storm.
I am pretty much expecting the Pacers to get upset in round 2 at this point versus the Bulls or the Nets.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:31 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
this whole knicks playoff push is hilarious considering they're still 4 games out...and only 2 ahead of Cleveland. All this winning is doing is thwarting my dreams of Ty Lawson and Wiggins running the sweetest up-tempo, fast-break, alley-oop filled offense
The Nets are irrelevant and will get housed by Chicago again this year. Move along.

Oh and give us Shaun Livingston.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:33 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I am pretty much expecting the Pacers to get upset in round 2 at this point versus the Bulls or the Nets.
They just don't look good anymore. It's almost like they ran out of gas. Their biggest problem is they need more 3 point shooters on their team, and a PG.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:37 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kind of like that Stevens is playing Olynyk and Sullinger in the roles he expects them to be in next year.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:22 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adreian Payne could work his way up draft boards. Huge performance today and his skill set is valued. Unfortunately, upperclassman have a tendency to be overlooked.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:39 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Wiggins is going to Philly anyways...
Old 03-20-2014, 10:57 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No. A Lawson-wiggins-faried fast break offense would've been kids-rj-Martin esque and I would've loved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:02 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gorgui Dieng has arrived.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote