Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-01-2014, 11:56 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I would not be surprised one bit if they try to trade it if it isn't top 5.

Personally if Smart was available at 6 I would be fine with taking him, but I have a feeling they are looking at it as Wiggins/Parker/Embiid/Exum or bust.
ugh it wouldn't surprise me either. i'm not a huge Smart fan. if it's not top 3 they might make a push to get Love in early, I'd be okay with that I suppose but I actually really like Gordon, could see him developing into a defensive force for us.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:57 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
ugh it wouldn't surprise me either. i'm not a huge Smart fan. if it's not top 3 they might make a push to get Love in early, I'd be okay with that I suppose but I actually really like Gordon, could see him developing into a defensive force for us.
I am also a Gordon believer. I wasn't initially, just going off of what I had heard about him, but he changed my mind when I watched him.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:58 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
i really hope someone is already photoshopping pac man dots/ghosts in front of this.
Old 05-01-2014, 12:10 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i really hope someone is already photoshopping pac man dots/ghosts in front of this.
Anything is better than the Hawks current logo and uniforms.
Old 05-01-2014, 12:14 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I am also a Gordon believer. I wasn't initially, just going off of what I had heard about him, but he changed my mind when I watched him.
I really do not want any part of Gordon, he strikes me as another one of those guys who just won't be good enough at either position to be a stud. He would get overmatched by 4's in the NBA and outquicked by 3's....that is my opinion, maybe I am proved wrong.

I would be ok with Randle...not a huge fan, but I think he could be a solid player. I am really intrigued with Exum, but wouldn't be opposed to toying with the idea trying to bring in someone like Kyrie or Love with the pick if they could work something out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:31 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Gordon as a 3 unless a team goes with a small lineup. He can keep up with 3s. JMO. More important is projecting his shot to improve.

Old 05-01-2014, 01:50 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aside from age, what makes Gordon better than Grant?
Old 05-01-2014, 02:04 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like the Lakers will request to interview Thibs from the Bulls.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:06 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Buckets couldn't be happier right now.
Old 05-01-2014, 02:19 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Aside from age, what makes Gordon better than Grant?
Gordon is a top 10 prospect and Grant is a top 20. In this draft, that difference doesn't take much. A year younger, a better handle, slightly more productive, didn't play at Syracuse.

Old 05-01-2014, 02:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
For some reason I have the 2009 Finals blocked out of my brain. How the hell did Howard lead the Magic to the Finals over the Celtics and LeBron? I guess LeBron wasn't really LeBron at that point? Who did he have to work with - Jameer Nelson, Hedo, and Rashard Lewis? What? Was SVG a god or something? Why was SVG even fired? What the hell happened and where was I?
SVG was fired because Dwight wanted him gone. But even after the Magic did that, Dwight still left. Painful times....

To see what he has turned into has been somewhat of a payback in vengence. He's basically a clown that has lost respect around the league and his imagine is tarnished among basketball fans.. plus, doubt he wins anything ever.

I have much love for T-Mac because he was ousted out wrongly and he handled his business like a man. But Howard is a joke and his whole Christian facade is a phony. He's just a womanizing coward who deserves to lose.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:48 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
Sounds like the Lakers will request to interview Thibs from the Bulls.
whaaaaat please let this be true. link?
Old 05-01-2014, 02:52 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I read it as well. This is a good website for you to follow the Lakers, they keep their threads up to date very well.

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewforum.php?f=1

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 05-01-2014, 02:54 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
The Lakers also plan to reach out to the Chicago Bulls for permission to interview coach Tom Thibodeau, a source told ESPNLosAngeles.com's Dave McMenamin. The Lakers are closely monitoring the playoffs, believing that several viable candidates could become available should their respective teams be eliminated.
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...tucky-wildcats

Quote:
Old 05-01-2014, 03:02 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

hm intriguing sitch, unlikely but interesting.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:22 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kobe taking instruction from Thibs should be fun times.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:26 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

I just can't see it happening without some arm and a leg type trade to get him there.

#KevinOllie2LA

Quote:
Old 05-01-2014, 03:27 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
SVG was fired because Dwight wanted him gone. But even after the Magic did that, Dwight still left. Painful times....

To see what he has turned into has been somewhat of a payback in vengence. He's basically a clown that has lost respect around the league and his imagine is tarnished among basketball fans.. plus, doubt he wins anything ever.

I have much love for T-Mac because he was ousted out wrongly and he handled his business like a man. But Howard is a joke and his whole Christian facade is a phony. He's just a womanizing coward who deserves to lose.
It is crazy how much his rep has changed

Old 05-01-2014, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To what MS said....yes it would be

Watching him run people into the ground would be painful though

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why hasnt more been made of Durants lack of performance? If it was Lebron he would be getting slaughtered.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:45 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
Why hasnt more been made of Durants lack of performance? If it was Lebron he would be getting slaughtered.
Honestly, I've noticed....but I have always been fond of Tony Allen and have thought its more his relentless than Durant.

But I do understand your point.

Quote:
Old 05-01-2014, 07:09 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Charles Barkley just compared Duant's supporting cast to LeBron's while in Cleveland.

And yes, LeBron would never hear the end of it.

Old 05-01-2014, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Charles Barkley just compared Duant's supporting cast to LeBron's while in Cleveland.

And yes, LeBron would never hear the end of it.
Mo Williams and Z >>> Russ and Ibaka.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:15 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
The radio station I listen to has been killing him. There was also a newspaper with the headline

Mr. Unreliable

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...-mr-unreliable

The Pacers and Thunder can still easily win their series and no one will remember Durant's poor games if they go deep past the second round. In fact, it's quite possible that Durant puts together two amazing games and he's the hero. Damn these 7 game series!!!
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:19 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They're trying really, really hard to make us care about this Mr. Unreliable headline.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote