Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-25-2014, 10:56 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can they even afford him? With Tyreke, Gordon, Jrue and Ryan Anderson's contracts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:07 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I still don't understand why LeBron and Anthony Davis together wouldn't be his best option.

It just makes too much sense to me.
They have to trade at least one of Jrue/Reke/Gordon and maybe Ryan Anderson to fit him. No one wants the Gordon/Reke contracts and Jrue isn't that great.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the salary cap is around $63 mill as projected, they should have around $14-$15 mill available. They'll have to shed one of those contracts to make it work.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:14 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
They have to trade at least one of Jrue/Reke/Gordon and maybe Ryan Anderson to fit him. No one wants the Gordon/Reke contracts and Jrue isn't that great.
sign and trade, send Jrue to Miami.

Tyreke back at point.

Evans-Gordon-Bron-Anderson-Brow

boom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:44 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
If I was LeBron I'd get away from Dwyane Wade's knees as fast as possible. I think Wade is done. He'd better take a huge pay-cut and accept that he's a 6th man off the bench for 25 minutes a game. Watching him play horrendous defense, his inability to get past Boris Diaw, couldn't post up Danny Green... It is sad, because he was truly an elite player 4-5 years ago.
19/5/5 while shooting 54% last year but yes lets focus entirely on that last series and literally nothing else.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 11:46 AM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
19/5/5 while shooting 54% last year but yes lets focus entirely on that last series and literally nothing else.
Lets forget he missed a 3rd of the season, and probably will from now on.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
sign and trade, send Jrue to Miami.

Tyreke back at point.

Evans-Gordon-Bron-Anderson-Brow

boom.
I like Reke mostly, but holy hell is he a horrid fit at PG next to Bron.

Quote:
People gotsta hate on Wade.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The overreactions to the Finals are disgusting. Suddenly it was LeBron and a bunch of scrubs which is so far from the truth.

But LeBron apologists will make every excuse in the book to deflect criticism off of him.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People did the same thing to Manu after last years Finals.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:09 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont think I am overreacting, but if Bron really wants to put a team around him, Wade will have to opt out and take like a 25+% paycut. Sure, when he plays he is good, but you really think he is going to play 65+ games a season? No. So that makes Bron have to play more, tax himself during the regular season.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:11 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Had a source tell me at least one member of Warriors brain trust wouldn't trade Klay Thompson for Kevin Love straight up
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I seriously don't get Golden State.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing I never understood about LeBron was, why did he feel the need to leave and go somewhere else? Why not recruit players to play with your team?

I know he'll probably wind up in Miami at the end of all of this, but that's one thing that didn't make sense to me in Cleveland. Why did you have to go to Miami? Why couldn't you get guys to come play with you in Cleveland?
Old 06-25-2014, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Because it's Cleveland? I think he tried recruiting Michael Redd, and they were pretty close to getting Amare aswell.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Suck it up and do the damn deal, GS. You'll be hurting when Iggy and Bogut go full dead soon enough anyways, and you can easily trade Barnes for a SG to pair with Kevin Martin if he's not included in this deal. Barnes blows.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:21 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The thing I never understood about LeBron was, why did he feel the need to leave and go somewhere else? Why not recruit players to play with your team?

I know he'll probably wind up in Miami at the end of all of this, but that's one thing that didn't make sense to me in Cleveland. Why did you have to go to Miami? Why couldn't you get guys to come play with you in Cleveland?
Man, he/they tried. The problem is they weren't patient enough, and ended up cash-strapped with Larry Hughes/Mo Williams when a good player became available. Also, Mike Brown is trash. If LeBron had gone back to Cleveland, he'd probably still have the rings he has now.

He left because there was an opportunity to team with Wade and Bosh on a team that had zero contracts on the books outside of Beasley and Chalmers.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:24 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Man, he/they tried. The problem is they weren't patient enough, and ended up cash-strapped with Larry Hughes/Mo Williams when a good player became available. Also, Mike Brown is trash. If LeBron had gone back to Cleveland, he'd probably still have the rings he has now.

He left because there was an opportunity to team with Wade and Bosh on a team that had zero contracts on the books outside of Beasley and Chalmers.
He was not going to win 2 rings in Cleveland over the past 4 years.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:

That's all a farse though. The "decision" was made the summer before (or 2 summers before?) when they played in the Olympics. They all knew they were going to Miami the whole time.

The rest of it was just a show. That's partly why people were so upset about the decision to begin with, he made it look like he was struggling with it when he knew for over a year what stunt he was going to pull off.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:30 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
He was not going to win 2 rings in Cleveland over the past 4 years.
Why wouldn't he have?

He still would have had Bosh, and Bosh wouldn't have had to play and defend the 5 since Cleveland had Varejao.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:34 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Because Cleveland didn't manage its cap space the way Miami did?
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:47 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why wouldn't he have?

He still would have had Bosh, and Bosh wouldn't have had to play and defend the 5 since Cleveland had Varejao.
You didn't say they had Bosh.

But even if they added Bosh that squad was not good and I don't think they would have beaten DAL/OKC/SA.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

The only real title they won was vs OKC, and that's bc Kevin Durant is a clown.

I think a Cleveland team with Bron and Bosh would've beaten them still. Bosh would play a larger role without having to be the 3rd fiddle and their surrounding roster would be much better.
Old 06-25-2014, 01:35 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Because it's Cleveland? I think he tried recruiting Michael Redd, and they were pretty close to getting Amare aswell.
they wouldn't trade JJ Hickson for Amar'e lolz

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:35 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The only real title they won was vs OKC, and that's bc Kevin Durant is a clown.

I think a Cleveland team with Bron and Bosh would've beaten them still. Bosh would play a larger role without having to be the 3rd fiddle and their surrounding roster would be much better.
So the other title they won was...fake?
Old 06-25-2014, 01:42 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
So the other title they won was...fake?
The Spurs got hosed in Game 6 in 2013.