Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2014, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Did I say otherwise?
I thought that was the implication. It is going to be really tough for the rockets to pull this off. Getting Bosh through the door looks set to take a while and Parsons is only going to be willing to chill for so long.

Quote:
Also Pierce is looking for $10 Mill a year...
In a market where Channing Frye gets $8M, why not? Pierce is still a good player...nothing horribly wrong with 2/20 (certainly not 1/10) for him if you're a contender and strike out on the max guys. At least compared to the contracts that are being given out.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:05 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At the very least, even if Parsons signs an offer sheet RIGHT NOW, Houston has 3 days to match, and everyone is saying that LeBron will be making his choice before he goes down to Brazil for a Nike Commitment at the World Cup, so Bosh will probably know where he stands by the time we have to officially ink Parsons, and thats only if Chandler were to sign today.

Meanwhile, Dallas is trying to rush him to sign the offer sheet because they know it could stop a division rival from potentially adding Bosh, but I can't imagine that Parsons and the Rockets didn't have some sort of understanding heading into this process. Hell, with how cozy Morey is to Hinkie, who's to say that there isn't a plan in place for Philly to offer Chandler a 4/63 max deal as soon as the Rockets say the word? Either way, I don't think Parsons and Morey went into all of this without some sort of agreed upon strategy. The whole thing - declining Chandler's option so that he could get paid quicker and we could lock him up sooner - has been a 2 year plan that Rockets fans have known about for ages. I'd be surprised if Parsons jumped at the first big offer on the table knowing that it would screw Houston in the process.

Never know, though!

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:07 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You went from 100% to never know!
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:09 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm saying its a 100% that Houston matches, but a "you never know" to Parsons signing a deal knowing that he'd be ruining Houston's chances of adding Bosh. Two different things!

Old 07-09-2014, 09:13 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
At the very least, even if Parsons signs an offer sheet RIGHT NOW, Houston has 3 days to match, and everyone is saying that LeBron will be making his choice before he goes down to Brazil for a Nike Commitment at the World Cup, so Bosh will probably know where he stands by the time we have to officially ink Parsons, and thats only if Chandler were to sign today.

As far as I understand it, the cap hold would go into effect immediately though. Right now the hold is for his paltry rookie salary, but once he signs the offer sheet, it would rocket up to whatever the year 1 salary would be. Essentially, if I understand the CBA correctly, you're boned with respect to Bosh once Parsons signs something.

Meanwhile, Dallas is trying to rush him to sign the offer sheet because they know it could stop a division rival from potentially adding Bosh, but I can't imagine that Parsons and the Rockets didn't have some sort of understanding heading into this process. Hell, with how cozy Morey is to Hinkie, who's to say that there isn't a plan in place for Philly to offer Chandler a 4/63 max deal as soon as the Rockets say the word? Either way, I don't think Parsons and Morey went into all of this without some sort of agreed upon strategy. The whole thing - declining Chandler's option so that he could get paid quicker and we could lock him up sooner - has been a 2 year plan that Rockets fans have known about for ages. I'd be surprised if Parsons jumped at the first big offer on the table knowing that it would screw Houston in the process.

I'm sure they have an agreement, but you know Parsons' agent is going to start pushing him eventually. It's just a big game of cat and mouse and it becomes increasingly difficult not to sign a guaranteed max deal when it is basically sitting on the table waiting for you, promise from the Rockets or not.
-10 characters
Old 07-09-2014, 09:15 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Parsons' agent is also Dwight's agent though, I'd have to think Dwight would be puh-retty pissed if his agent nudged Parsons into signing elsewhere and ruining the hopes of making Dwight's team better.

Gotcha on the offer sheet thing. The CBA/Cap situation is ******* confusing, man. There should be college courses on it.

Old 07-09-2014, 09:17 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Parsons' agent is also Dwight's agent though, I'd have to think Dwight would be puh-retty pissed if his agent nudged Parsons into signing elsewhere and ruining the hopes of making Dwight's team better.

Gotcha on the offer sheet thing. The CBA/Cap situation is ******* confusing, man. There should be college courses on it.
I am going through and learning it line by line...this is how I will attempt to get my job in the NBA and ascend to being GM of the Knicks. I will then sign KD to a max and laugh at BBD.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:18 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Please do that.

Old 07-09-2014, 09:27 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kind of want Durant to the Knicks to happen now.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:28 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Me too. Plus, greatness in MSG 41 times a year plus playoffs. Unf.

Old 07-09-2014, 09:30 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That clown can't handle the NY media. He cried when his local paper criticized him and they had to apologize to him.

Just think about that for a second. That's how soft he is.

He's a fuckboy playing basketball.
Old 07-09-2014, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I'll sign Varejao as well to add toughness!
Old 07-09-2014, 10:13 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would literally cry. Don't ever do this.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:35 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jack and Zeller traded, LET THE GAMES BEGINNNNNNNNNNNNN
Old 07-09-2014, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopSandwich View Post
Jack and Zeller traded, LET THE GAMES BEGINNNNNNNNNNNNN
Quote:
The trade allows the Cavaliers to create approximately $24 million in cap space, with LeBron James' max contract being worth $20.7 million.

The Nets will acquire Jarrett Jack and Sergey Karasev.

The Celtics acquire Tyler Zeller, Marcus Thornton and the Cavaliers' 2016 first round pick. - Mark Stein
**** is going down.

Goddammit Parsons hurry up and sign the offer sheet!
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Celtics just hoarding dem picks.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:45 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All for Lebron to say nawwwwww again how greatttt

How great would it be if melo or bron went to lal and then one of them got traded for love hahahah yaaaaas
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Last edited by thenewfeature06 : 07-09-2014 at 10:49 AM.
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
All for Lebron to say nawwwwww again how greattttt
Gotta try if you think you have even a slight shot.
Old 07-09-2014, 10:52 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know but this is the PR bbd is talking about ..this is getting fans down there even more excited, I don't blame them but if he doesn't sign there it will only deepen the wound for the fans.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:56 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

LeBron basically has to choose either Cleveland or Miami to avoid a PR nightmare. Anywhere else and he'll get killed for it.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody no a site that has a feed like Hoopshype rumors section without a ******* video playing automatically?!
Old 07-09-2014, 11:14 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty sweet deal for the C's. Zeller is decent and on a rookie deal, Thornton expires after the year, and Ainge continues to stockpile those draft picks. More chips in the pile for him to push around. Plus Lebron is staying East regardless it seems, so it doesn't really matter if he is "helping out". Also, this is essentially even more return from the Pierce/KG deal as we used the TPE created from it.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:28 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Anybody no a site that has a feed like Hoopshype rumors section without a ******* video playing automatically?!
Haha I know, I hate that thing. Always have to wait like 5 secs to hit the damn pause button.

Old 07-09-2014, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sign Melo

Re-Sign Gasol (for cheap, obviously)

Trade Randle and Nash and some cap magic and some picks for Love.

Sign Paul Pierce to the MLE

Sign some vet. min. guys.

PG: Kendall Marshall
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: Carmelo Anthony
PF: Kevin Love
C: Pau Gasol

6th man: Paul Pierce

Boom

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Looking back at the trade, the Celtics gave up nothing but a 2nd pick and cap space for this year, but who cares about that.