Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-18-2014, 04:32 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now for a great moment in Tony Snell history...

Added bonus: Carloos Boozer failed high five.

iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I guess we can forget the Scotty Pippen comparisons. Hard to say what they're giving up in Wiggins. The guy is obviously talented but are you getting a Tracy McGrady or a Rudy Gay. (nothing wrong with either)

My take is whatever he brings to the team for the next couple of years you can make up with a combination of guys like Waiters, Miller and maybe Ray Allen.
Rudy Gay and McGrady are nothing alike. I don't get how people can use both like that.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:35 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I guess we can forget the Scotty Pippen comparisons.
*sigh*

Did you say this jokingly or are we at a point where a single play in the summer league is really effecting our career projection for a rookie?
Old 07-18-2014, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I assumed he was joking. Because I had my WigginsApologist diatribe in hand, but I didn't feel it was necessary.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:45 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post

Canaan swag > Wiggins defense
Swag surfinnnnnnnnn.. Wiggins figured he would be able to block that shot..

Canaan certainly can be a back up in the real NBA imo.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:52 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Completely tossing that play out of the window, I dislike how everyone is automatically assuming Wiggins will be a premier defender. Defending is tricky. Being a great college defender means very, very little in the NBA. He has the tools to be a great defender, but so have countless players before him who turned out to be trash as defenders.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, well I was ready to pounce because I wasn't completely sure if he was joking about Wiggins being a crap defender off of one gif. He can go either way, as you said, but not basing it off one of clip or an entire SL season for that matter.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:58 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's much harder to be a post defender in today's NBA than it is for a wing. I think if you've shown you can do it at a high level in College, you're definitely capable of doing it in the NBA. It takes instinct and intelligence and Wiggins has both to go with his world class athleticism. I don't think it's outrageous to think he will be a very good defender.
Old 07-18-2014, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I assumed he was joking. Because I had my WigginsApologist diatribe in hand, but I didn't feel it was necessary.
He was joking.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Minny trying to squeeze GS and CLE for more then the discussed deals apparently.
Old 07-18-2014, 05:11 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Minny trying to squeeze GS and CLE for more then the discussed deals apparently.
As they should.
Old 07-18-2014, 05:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not the hugest fan of Wiggins' offensive game, but as a defender, he is real. No doubt about it.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh. People were high on Harden as a defender coming out. NBA defense is tricky, period. Especially when you are the #1 or #2 option on offense too.
Old 07-18-2014, 05:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Meh. People were high on Harden as a defender coming out. NBA defense is tricky, period. Especially when you are the #1 or #2 option on offense too.
Whoever those people were...

I always thought he played like an out-of-shape old man in college.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 05:24 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Harden's problem is effort and not making defense a priority. Defense is really important to Wiggins. It's usually the first thing he talks about when he talks about his own game or basketball in general. Offensively, we haven't seen a lot of what Wiggins might bring. His weakness is ball handling, but it doesn't affect him like it does most players since he can get to the rim from the 3pt line without putting the ball on the floor. And he hasn't played with a good point guard, so he hasn't taken many open outside shots. He has a nice stroke, though. I think he can knock down 3's at a high percentage on this Cleveland team.
Old 07-18-2014, 05:27 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 07-18-2014, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Harden's problem is effort and not making defense a priority. Defense is really important to Wiggins. It's usually the first thing he talks about when he talks about his own game or basketball in general. Offensively, we haven't seen a lot of what Wiggins might bring. His weakness is ball handling, but it doesn't affect him like it does most players since he can get to the rim from the 3pt line without putting the ball on the floor. And he hasn't played with a good point guard, so he hasn't taken many open outside shots. He has a nice stroke, though. I think he can knock down 3's at a high percentage on this Cleveland team.
Yeah. And that wasn't a problem for Harden in college. It is one thing to say defense is your #1 concern and it's another to do it.
Old 07-18-2014, 05:34 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harden can play D really well when he wants to. When he got to Houston he seemed to develop the mentality of "I'm the top offensive option, gotta conserve all my energy to carry the O!" and turned off on D. There's really not much more to it than that.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 05:46 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Completely tossing that play out of the window, I dislike how everyone is automatically assuming Wiggins will be a premier defender. Defending is tricky. Being a great college defender means very, very little in the NBA. He has the tools to be a great defender, but so have countless players before him who turned out to be trash as defenders.
Remember when Chris Singleton was supposed to be a lockdown defender?
Old 07-18-2014, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Or Terrence Williams.
Old 07-18-2014, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Wizards really ****** up that 2011 draft didn't they.
Old 07-18-2014, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

The zards are awful at the draft.
Old 07-18-2014, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
As they should.
The T-Wolves seem in the drivers seat but they could conceivably get nothing for Love if they misplay this whole thing.

If it were me and someone was offering Wiggins for a guy who will leave in FA I'd do the deal tonight.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 06:35 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Harden can play D really well when he wants to. When he got to Houston he seemed to develop the mentality of "I'm the top offensive option, gotta conserve all my energy to carry the O!" and turned off on D. There's really not much more to it than that.
Pretty much this^.

He always had good instincts and it just seemed like he forgot that defense is important too. He figured that his team would just outscore anybody.. he can play defense and I guarantee this year we will see SOME of the old Harden. He knows he could of gotten the award for worst defender of 2013..

Harden has such a good feel for the game/vision on the court, I <3 when people think he is no good or overrated. Top 12-15 player in the league, sometimes he has a problem thinking he is better than he is though. Typical NBAers.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 06:51 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
The T-Wolves seem in the drivers seat but they could conceivably get nothing for Love if they misplay this whole thing.

If it were me and someone was offering Wiggins for a guy who will leave in FA I'd do the deal tonight.
Getting nothing for Love is fine with them. Not a lot of teams have the cap space to sign him outright in 2015, anyway. They're not getting nothing for him. They can just as easily wait until February.

If Love wasn't being such a turd and pushing his way out, the T-Wolves could have been making a move to bring in another high level player. Kevin Love is a *****. **** that guy. Seriously.