Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-26-2014, 03:32 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I knew PF would come through.

Also

Did Wiggins already put on some muscle.

Maybe, but he was already an NBA-ready body.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:34 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
When you're the Milwaukee Bucks, $4 million gets you a meh player. It's bench players being swapped; not a big deal.
It's not a big deal. The best part of the trade was the 2nd rounder. The Bucks aren't going to be hurting when Dudley picks up his option to be the 10th-12th player. I put "-ish" on that for a reason. On the other hand, it was a really good deal for the Clippers.
Old 08-26-2014, 04:20 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
It's not a big deal. The best part of the trade was the 2nd rounder. The Bucks aren't going to be hurting when Dudley picks up his option to be the 10th-12th player. I put "-ish" on that for a reason. On the other hand, it was a really good deal for the Clippers.
The pick isn't a 2nd rounder, it's a 1st.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 06:39 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I was thinking of making a Basketball Truths thread. Like a spin off of the football truths threads I used to make when I first started posting here.

Except this one is gonna be better.

Yay or nay?
I wouldn't mind it as long as it isn't transparently troll-ish.
Old 08-26-2014, 08:31 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
“When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you.”
-Winston Churchill

#We'reAllKnicksIn2015
Does that mean by having Carmelo as an enemy within sabotaging the offense that the enemies outside can, in fact, hurt you?

The Cavs are like that team of guys I want to like but just can't. Bron is an incredible player to watch but I just can't stand the human. Love seems to be a pretty fun guy but I just can't stand the player and Kyrie is still a ***** for turning down Australia to be a role player for the US, plus I don't really like how he plays either.

Throw in Varejao and Mike Miller and you've got a couple more chumps on the team.

That said, god they're going to be tough to beat for the next couple of years if their coach is even half decent.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only player they got I like is Kyrie. I dislike everyone else quite a bit.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 11:44 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate hate hate hate hate the Cavs so now Lebron is back I don't have a word to describe how I feel about them.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 01:19 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I stopped disliking LeBron, but I hate K-Love so hard right now.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:49 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I wouldn't mind it as long as it isn't transparently troll-ish.
Oh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Does that mean by having Carmelo as an enemy within sabotaging the offense that the enemies outside can, in fact, hurt you?

The Cavs are like that team of guys I want to like but just can't. Bron is an incredible player to watch but I just can't stand the human. Love seems to be a pretty fun guy but I just can't stand the player and Kyrie is still a ***** for turning down Australia to be a role player for the US, plus I don't really like how he plays either.

Throw in Varejao and Mike Miller and you've got a couple more chumps on the team.

That said, god they're going to be tough to beat for the next couple of years if their coach is even half decent.
I just can't stand LeBron, Love, and Varejao. LeBron bc he's a coward, Love bc he's an overrated tool, and Varejao just gets way too much love on here. But mostly it's because LeBron's front runner attitude just annoys the **** out of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
Only player they got I like is Kyrie. I dislike everyone else quite a bit.
Yeah Kyrie is cool. He's also a Jersey boy so he scores points for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
I hate hate hate hate hate the Cavs so now Lebron is back I don't have a word to describe how I feel about them.
Hate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I stopped disliking LeBron, but I hate K-Love so hard right now.
It's kind of ridiculous how overrated Kevin Love has become. He sucks on defense, and his reboudning numbers are inflated bc he just crashes the boards instead of playing help defense so he can get a couple more cheap rebounds added to his stat line. The Cavs were much better off keeping their young players instead of trading the future away for this tool. Btw him and Kyrie and no rim protector, this team is going to be so mediocre on defense.

At least if they had Wiggins and LeBron, they'd be lights out with their perimeter defense. Wiggins could've been LeBron's Pippen, which would allow him to save energy on defense and focus more on offense and be even more of a beast. Now he's going to have to make up for the others defense even more now and tire out even more than he did with Miami last year. Terrible mistake.

You guys remember game 5 of the Finals? LeBron had that look in his eyes like he was going to drop 60. He was defending Parker for the 1st quarter and shutting him out. And the Heat were winning.

Then...he just tired out. He couldn't do it all for 4 quarters, and it became a blowout. You're gonna see the same problem in Cleveland bc they traded for Love. Big mistake.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:07 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know why anybody would think Irving would play for Australia. He left there when he was two, he grew up in NJ, and his dad grew up in the Bronx.

Last edited by WCH : 08-27-2014 at 08:09 AM.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:19 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You people are in for a revelation once you actually see Kevin Love outside of that life destroyer Timerwolves team.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:50 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Aussies might be alright by the 2020 Olympics with Ben Simmons, Maker and Exum.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:01 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Wolves are going to the playoffs without Kevin Love.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Wolves are going to the playoffs without Kevin Love.
No, they aren't.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-27-2014, 08:06 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I don't know why anybody would think Irving would play for Australia. He left there when he was two, he grew up in NJ, and his dad grew up in the Bronx.
I don't think anyone ever did, still he could have ;) We could be amazing in a few years, could have been on another level with him though. Irving, Exum, Simmons, Baynes and Maker with Mills, Bogut and Dellavedova off the bench and a bunch of stiffs to fill out the spots is not a bad little lineup if it had happened.

On a positive, just need one of Simmons or Maker to go #1 overall to move into outright 2nd for most #1 draft picks, passing Canada and Nigeria who we are currently tied with at 2.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:45 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Doc Rivers's overrated jank ass is now getting paid $10 million per year. Wow. More than double what Thibs is getting.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
I don't think anyone ever did, still he could have ;) We could be amazing in a few years, could have been on another level with him though. Irving, Exum, Simmons, Baynes and Maker with Mills, Bogut and Dellavedova off the bench and a bunch of stiffs to fill out the spots is not a bad little lineup if it had happened.

On a positive, just need one of Simmons or Maker to go #1 overall to move into outright 2nd for most #1 draft picks, passing Canada and Nigeria who we are currently tied with at 2.
Wiggins, Bennett, Thompson, Ennis, Joseph, Stauskas, Olynyk, Sacre, Nicholson and Heslip are coming for you brother.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:54 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and carlisle only making 4 mil

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 10:04 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hehehehe Hornacek only makes $2MM gj making everyone feel good LAC

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 11:44 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thibs is meh. He hasn't done anything to justify higher pay, unlike Doc who has actually won something. Hornacek is paid right where he should be. Carlisle is the one that's criminally under-paid.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Thibs is a great coach, he just needs to manage minutes better. It's dumb that he gets paid the same as Derek Fisher and Steve Kerr.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-27-2014, 11:57 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Meh, you throw the word "great" around very loosely. He antagonizes his players, doesn't understand that in the 82 game NBA you need an actual rotation and his offense sucks. He's a white Mike Woodson with a few talented players.
Old 08-28-2014, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

He doesn't really have an elite offensive star...he's not the GM. Not his fault that his owner is a cheap asshole.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-28-2014, 12:07 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
He doesn't really have an elite offensive star...he's not the GM. Not his fault that his owner is a cheap asshole.
So coaches can only be be successful on offense with "elite offensive stars"? That still doesn't address any of my other points. He's not great, no where near great, and he's very clearly in the second tier of NBA coaches. He has a good defensive system, but good coaches develop relationships with their players, bond with them and nurture their growth. Thibs doesn't believe in that, apparently.

Last edited by MetSox17 : 08-28-2014 at 12:09 AM.
MetSox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doc is pretty damn overrated.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote