Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-01-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinch87 View Post
okay please sweetness. As many as ben gordon has missed to win a game he has made a lot more to win games. How many has hinrich made to win a game in the last second?? exactly, no matter what i want the ball in gordons hands to win the game. Not hinrich who can not create his own shot if his life depended on it. If you count his dribble behind the back step back pull up trash jumper that never goes in, then i guess you can count that. Hinrich will never put up those numbers cause he is not that great of a scorer. Plus Gordon can make some pretty sweet dishes to tyrus, something hinrich can not do(lets not even talk about hinrichs ollies to tyrus, alright?) Hinrich has to stick to what he is good at and just run the offense. Ben was a little out of control at the end, but he is the only one that can create his own shot. Plus hinrich also got obliterated by the "amazing" shot blocker drew gooden at the end of the game so dont place all the blame on gordon. Also, i recall hinrich missing a clutch free throw at the end of the game for a three point play....remember that?? we would have not been in the game without gordon so just stop that garbage right now.
And how many game winners has Kirk attempted this year? I believe one or two (I won't count the New Jersey one because that was a botched play). And he nailed it against New Orleans early in the year. Ben is 1 for 8 in game winners this season.

We didn't need someone to create their own shot their my friend. Ben should've drove and dished to someone. He just never learns, that's his problem. He keeps getting himself in trouble by being over agressive. And as good a job as he did keeping us in the game (I'm still mystified by his 30 shots against Cleveland and only getting 37 points, not counting free throws), he blew it at the end. And like Jeff said, if Kirk shot it 30 times I'd be that he could avg 37 a game.

Gooden just made a great play on Kirk's shot. Hinrich was driving the lane all day long and the shot was there for him. Drew just made a helluva play. Not much else you can say about that. I don't fault Kirk for taking that little runner at all because he's highly effective at doing it. Ben on the other hand drove into 3 or 4 guys a couple times and made a terrible pass to Tyrus Thomas when he got trapped.

And if you want to get into free throws, Ben Gordon missed about 3 or 4 against Cleveland, so don't even get me started there. The problem with your opinion on BG is that you fail to realize that he's a one trick pony. Albeit that one trick is very good, but when his shooting game isn't on, he's worthless on the floor. At least guys like Hinrich, Duhon, and Thabo can give us rebounding and defense if their offensive game isn't there. And as much as he'll help a team, he'll hurt them equally with his horrible decision making, his bad turnovers, his lack of defense, and his overagressiveness. I love it when BG just comes off a screen and nails a jumper. I hate it when he tries to get his own shot because he's out of control pretty much everytime.

And if you want to blast Hinrich again, keep in mind he's the one that beat Detroit with his heads up pump fake to get to the line. Ben isn't half the all around player that Kirk is. Ben just gets a lot of pub because he can score. But he doesn't pass as well as Kirk, he can't play defense as well as kirk, he can't rebound as well as kirk, he's not the leader Kirk is, and I'd argue that Kirk is actually a more consistent shooter than Ben is.

It's like beating a dead horse here with you. Kirk is a better player than Ben. You can argue it all you want but the only area Ben beats kirk is in scoring, and possibly driving. But that's it.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Nope, sorry 0 for 2 on that one today. I guess you'll just have to beat the lowly Celtics, haha.

Game wasn't on so I couldn't watch it. Deng though had 30 points, dude's a stud!
Both teams were behind in the 4th quarter, so it could have happened.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Veteran

22,895 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Rockets are owning the Jazz in this third Quarter. We want that 4th spot.
22,895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:05 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Both teams were behind in the 4th quarter, so it could have happened.
We trailed for like 2 minutes in the 4th quarter and had it in control down the stretch.

Btw, Tyrus Thomas owned Josh Smith twice; once offensively and once defensively. Watch SC tonight. He put J-Smoove on a poster! :D

Oh and also, he should've had one more block but Bavetta said it was a goltend, which is BS.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We trailed for like 2 minutes in the 4th quarter and had it in control down the stretch.

Btw, Tyrus Thomas owned Josh Smith twice; once offensively and once defensively. Watch SC tonight. He put J-Smoove on a poster! :D

Oh and also, he should've had one more block but Bavetta said it was a goltend, which is BS.
Yet Josh Smith had 2 more blocks, 16 more points, more rebounds than him and Ben Wallace, Highlights don't make a player. Just like to say with today he is officially at 3 bpg, also he had his worst shooting night in weeks and still managed to be the leading scorer. JSmoove vs. Tyrus could become the forums next Hinrich vs. Gordon but there is no comparison so we can't do that.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:10 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Caron Butler could miss the playoffs.

Old 04-01-2007, 07:11 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Yet Josh Smith had 2 more blocks, 16 more points, more rebounds than him and Ben Wallace, Highlights don't make a player.
And he also took about 20 more shots and played 20 more minutes. Josh Smith went 8 for 21 tonight with 24 points, that is not very good.

Tyrus didn't have a great game either, but I just like giving you crap whenever I can.

Again, I watch Josh Smith and he really doesn't jump out at me. Granted he had a bunch of points and blocks, but I'm expecting more from a guy who's been on a tear lately. I know he's a good player, but I want to see it for once.

Quote:
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bad news for the Wiz!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know terrible broken hand, no playoff run this year, but still 3 straight years in the playoffs is a hell of a job by Eddie Jordan after what we had been the prior years.

sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
That sucks. Aren't they already without Jamison?

Quote:
Old 04-01-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
And he also took about 20 more shots and played 20 more minutes. Josh Smith went 8 for 21 tonight with 24 points, that is not very good.

Tyrus didn't have a great game either, but I just like giving you crap whenever I can.

Again, I watch Josh Smith and he really doesn't jump out at me. Granted he had a bunch of points and blocks, but I'm expecting more from a guy who's been on a tear lately. I know he's a good player, but I want to see it for once.
When Josh Smith is relaxed and calmed down his offense is really taking off, he can hit the 3 point shot consistently now and can take it to the rim, today was one of those games where he was too hyped on defense that it continued on offense and he didn't have control.

Old 04-01-2007, 07:15 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
When Josh Smith is relaxed and calmed down his offense is really taking off, he can hit the 3 point shot consistently now and can take it to the rim, today was one of those games where he was too hyped on defense that it continued on offense and he didn't have control.
But why does it happen everytime I watch him?

But you can't tell me that Tyrus doesn't look like a very good prospect. He's still extremely raw, but he's very exciting to watch. In 2 years I can't wait to see where he is as a player.

Quote:
Old 04-01-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Cavs got ******* hosed. Dude fell down on his own with 1.9 seconds left and the game tied and they called a foul.

Terrible.

Terrible.

Old 04-01-2007, 07:26 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
But why does it happen everytime I watch him?

But you can't tell me that Tyrus doesn't look like a very good prospect. He's still extremely raw, but he's very exciting to watch. In 2 years I can't wait to see where he is as a player.
No doubt the best prospect in last years draft but it isn't a given that he will develop, Josh Smith is a guy who was a hit or miss prospect and most thought he wouldn't do anything his first 3 years so Tyrus has potential to be a poor mans Shawn Marion.

Old 04-01-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
No doubt the best prospect in last years draft but it isn't a given that he will develop, Josh Smith is a guy who was a hit or miss prospect and most thought he wouldn't do anything his first 3 years so Tyrus has potential to be a poor mans Shawn Marion.
Tyrus Thomas has the potential to be a rich man's Shawn Marion IMO. He's going to be a better shot blocker, he'll be a better rebounder, he'll be better in the post, and he's one of the most incredible athletes I've seen in a while. Well ok since Josh Smith.

Shawn will be a better on the ball defender, he'll remain a better ball handler, and he'll have better range. But Tyrus is changing games right now, and he's only a rookie.

In two years if he can develop that outside jumper, get stronger, and work in the post; he's going to be a complete player. The only thing he won't have are handles and a 3 point jumper. I think he's a hybrid player.

Quote:
Old 04-01-2007, 07:34 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I don't know about a better rebounder, Marion is a career 10+ rebound guy I couldn't say Tyrus will be that, and what makes Marion so special is even for a superstar he will do that utility stuff that usually bench players take care of, I love Tyrus but it's too early to compare him to Marion.

Old 04-01-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Tyrus Thomas has the potential to be a rich man's Shawn Marion IMO. He's going to be a better shot blocker, he'll be a better rebounder, he'll be better in the post, and he's one of the most incredible athletes I've seen in a while. Well ok since Josh Smith.

Shawn will be a better on the ball defender, he'll remain a better ball handler, and he'll have better range. But Tyrus is changing games right now, and he's only a rookie.

In two years if he can develop that outside jumper, get stronger, and work in the post; he's going to be a complete player. The only thing he won't have are handles and a 3 point jumper. I think he's a hybrid player.
I don't think it's fair to say that Tyrus Thomas will be better than Marion at this point in his career. Marion had much better statistics in his rookie season and had a bigger impact than Thomas did.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
I don't know about a better rebounder, Marion is a career 10+ rebound guy I couldn't say Tyrus will be that, and what makes Marion so special is even for a superstar he will do that utility stuff that usually bench players take care of, I love Tyrus but it's too early to compare him to Marion.
But you just compared him to Marion GS two posts ago.

Shawn Marion also played more college ball than Tyrus and also logged more minutes in his first season. What Tyrus is doing is pretty remarkable, considering he barely saw the court early in the year. I mean 10 minutes a game and he's developed really well this year.

Quote:
Old 04-01-2007, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Hinch87

Quote:
And how many game winners has Kirk attempted this year? I believe one or two (I won't count the New Jersey one because that was a botched play). And he nailed it against New Orleans early in the year. Ben is 1 for 8 in game winners this season.

We didn't need someone to create their own shot their my friend. Ben should've drove and dished to someone. He just never learns, that's his problem. He keeps getting himself in trouble by being over agressive. And as good a job as he did keeping us in the game (I'm still mystified by his 30 shots against Cleveland and only getting 37 points, not counting free throws), he blew it at the end. And like Jeff said, if Kirk shot it 30 times I'd be that he could avg 37 a game.

Gooden just made a great play on Kirk's shot. Hinrich was driving the lane all day long and the shot was there for him. Drew just made a helluva play. Not much else you can say about that. I don't fault Kirk for taking that little runner at all because he's highly effective at doing it. Ben on the other hand drove into 3 or 4 guys a couple times and made a terrible pass to Tyrus Thomas when he got trapped.

And if you want to get into free throws, Ben Gordon missed about 3 or 4 against Cleveland, so don't even get me started there. The problem with your opinion on BG is that you fail to realize that he's a one trick pony. Albeit that one trick is very good, but when his shooting game isn't on, he's worthless on the floor. At least guys like Hinrich, Duhon, and Thabo can give us rebounding and defense if their offensive game isn't there. And as much as he'll help a team, he'll hurt them equally with his horrible decision making, his bad turnovers, his lack of defense, and his overagressiveness. I love it when BG just comes off a screen and nails a jumper. I hate it when he tries to get his own shot because he's out of control pretty much everytime.

And if you want to blast Hinrich again, keep in mind he's the one that beat Detroit with his heads up pump fake to get to the line. Ben isn't half the all around player that Kirk is. Ben just gets a lot of pub because he can score. But he doesn't pass as well as Kirk, he can't play defense as well as kirk, he can't rebound as well as kirk, he's not the leader Kirk is, and I'd argue that Kirk is actually a more consistent shooter than Ben is.

It's like beating a dead horse here with you. Kirk is a better player than Ben. You can argue it all you want but the only area Ben beats kirk is in scoring, and possibly driving. But that's it.

First of all, Ben is the only player on our team that drives the lane and gets fouled a lot of the time cause he draws contact unlike hinrich. And never ever say again that hinrich's good at the "giant killer". That shot is only for ben gordon so just stop. Also, with that detroit game who passed it to hinrich?? oh yea ben gordon thats who. And i also remember hinrich missing one of those free throws at well. Sure argure that ben missed some, but dont even compare there free throw stats alright?? Plus, we give the ball to ben at the end of the game cause skiles wants him to create his own shot. Thats the play thats called. We dont have a set play at the end cause skiles knows what ben can do, something you fail to realize. Plus when we got those rebounds against the cavs who did hinrich pass it too? thats right ben gordon cause thats the play skiles draws up. I dont know why you dont realize ben is one of the best players in the NBA to close out games, cause skiles does and thats why he calls the play for gordon to work his magic. In case you didnt know, ben is known for getting "hot" in the fourth quarter so thats why he has the ball.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Hinch you are alive!!!!!!!!!!! Here comes the takeover.

Old 04-01-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinch87 View Post
First of all, Ben is the only player on our team that drives the lane and gets fouled a lot of the time cause he draws contact unlike hinrich. And never ever say again that hinrich's good at the "giant killer". That shot is only for ben gordon so just stop. Also, with that detroit game who passed it to hinrich?? oh yea ben gordon thats who. And i also remember hinrich missing one of those free throws at well. Sure argure that ben missed some, but dont even compare there free throw stats alright?? Plus, we give the ball to ben at the end of the game cause skiles wants him to create his own shot. Thats the play thats called. We dont have a set play at the end cause skiles knows what ben can do, something you fail to realize. Plus when we got those rebounds against the cavs who did hinrich pass it too? thats right ben gordon cause thats the play skiles draws up. I dont know why you dont realize ben is one of the best players in the NBA to close out games, cause skiles does and thats why he calls the play for gordon to work his magic. In case you didnt know, ben is known for getting "hot" in the fourth quarter so thats why he has the ball.
And Ben has consistently been unable to hit the game winner. You can give the guy the ball all you want but he's just not getting it done in crunch time.

You're only argument for Ben is that he can score. What about his defense, his bad decision making, his poor passing, and his inability to block out for rebounding?

Ben is a bench player, and he always will be. His one job is to score, and and when he's not doing that, he's worthless on the court. Oh and your argument about the giant killer is funny. Because Kirk has bene known to consistently hit that this year. Also, every game I watch Kirk gets hacked going to the rim and it doesn't get called.

Keep this in mind too Hinch, if Gordon makes his free throws in regulation, we don't lose in regulation or OT.

Quote:
Old 04-01-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Ok I'm done with this argument. You think Ben is better than Kirk, I disagree. You won't respond to anything but Ben's scoring so it's pretty much a pointless argument with you. Plus I think these guys are about fed up with this thing.

I'm done.

Quote:
Old 04-01-2007, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raps owned the Bobcats today, an clinched the playoff spot
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

What are the Pacers up to? They beat the Spurs?

I can't get my head around the team this year.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Raps owned the Bobcats today, an clinched the playoff spot
Owning the Bobcats isn't very hard to do, haha. Congrats though, welcome to the show! :D

Quote: