Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-17-2008, 11:50 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WOO yeah Celts! So glad to see KG get this championship as it was well deserved and a long time coming. Where's the hate now?

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:53 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
God I freakin hate Boston. I'm happy for Ray Allen, but damn I hate that city.
haha i feel the same way but im happy for kg ray and pierce they all deserved it

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Ray Allen is finished alright....
Bantx, if you want a good laugh, go back and read some of the pre-season thoughts on the Celtics. There are some good ones.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KG just knocked the bully's ass out.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:59 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

o and btw anybody who still thinks that kobe is on jordans level can officially kill themselves now

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 12:00 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The gatorade dump on a basketball coach seemed weird to me.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 12:00 AM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
Bantx, if you want a good laugh, go back and read some of the pre-season thoughts on the Celtics. There are some good ones.
Lol I know..whoever it was that was saying they wouldn't make the playoffs needs to reveal themselves now.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 12:01 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i bet there was, but this one made me laugh

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 12:15 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The gatorade dump on a basketball coach seemed weird to me.
Safety hazard on the floor.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:19 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
ESPN and their rankings and who people predict dont mean **** to me. They all picked the Celtics to make it to the championship, and win the East. They will not win the East this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
not for the post season. For the regular season they will most likely be an incredible team with their Big Three playing about 35 minutes a game per player. So when they get to the post season they will most likely be too exhausted to be greatly effective. Thats what I see happening.
On Posey:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Bleh that's some money to spend on a defender only, his shooting will not be needed. There are better/cheaper defenders on the market, as well as younger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
Boston's not winning this year either anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Seriously though, the Celtics are highly overrated. They can't play KG, Pierce, and Allen for 48 minutes a game and they have no bench. I see them finishing no higher than 6th.
Good calls.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 12:21 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had the Celtics all season. I remember some1 telling me they'd rather have Kidd, Jefferson, and Carter over the Big three, and thats a dude who wants to become a sportswriter, good luck with that.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:23 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
I had the Celtics all season. I remember some1 telling me they'd rather have Kidd, Jefferson, and Carter over the Big three, and thats a dude who wants to become a sportswriter, good luck with that.
He should be well on his way to a successful career at ESPN or Fox Sports. (Really)
Old 06-18-2008, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
I'm sure he'd fit right in over at ESPN.

Hitman D

Old 06-18-2008, 12:32 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
On Posey:

Good calls.
Lol, all high and mighty in hindsight. A lot of those were very valid points, but were proven wrong. If you didn't believe enough in what you thought to post it before the season, at least give the people that did credit.

The Celtics basically gutted their team to have three guys, but guys like House, Rondo, Posey, Powe and Brown stepped up big for them in the playoffs. Since you're looking back and picking the posts that are favorable to you, why don't you go back and find some where people said that those guys would step up when needed.

Everyone just assumed it would be the big three that did everything, and it was far from that.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:40 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. Way to finish it out. I'm glad that Kobe didn't get another ring though, even if it's their title to lose next year. Good for KG though.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
On Posey:

Good calls.
It takes a tremendous waste of time to go through thousands of posts in a thread to find out where people were wrong. I'll admit that the Celtics played better than I thought, but I give a lot of credit to players really stepping up their game for the NBA finals.

Plus, you have to give credit to that amazing Lakers defense. They gave the Celtics one hell of a fight.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:26 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
I will say this though. This reminds a whole lot of Memphis vs. Kansas.
Like I said before the series, this was awfully similar. In fact, the entire thing was similar, considering Kansas's games against Davidson and UNC. But yeah. Considering how the series went where Boston was ahead early, Lakers came back, but then the Celtics closed out, it was much the same. Then you also think about how during the regular season Kansas at least appeared to look like they had the best team, that was also similar. Then you even look at the teams themselves. Memphis was a "playoff" team before they got their final piece, and then the team looked stacked. Kansas had a bunch of career chokers, but they played great team ball and great defense.

...Or maybe I was just thinking too much into that.
Old 06-18-2008, 01:36 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
It takes a tremendous waste of time to go through thousands of posts in a thread to find out where people were wrong. I'll admit that the Celtics played better than I thought, but I give a lot of credit to players really stepping up their game for the NBA finals.

Plus, you have to give credit to that amazing Lakers defense. They gave the Celtics one hell of a fight.
Ha. The funny thing is, your's was the worst.

Hitman D

Old 06-18-2008, 01:39 AM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hindsight's 20-20...
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:41 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Ha. The funny thing is, your's was the worst.
Yeah, I was definitely very naive in the way I portrayed the Celtics, so I did highly underrate the team. I guess my hate for everything Boston sports blinded my judgment. I ****ed up. =(

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 01:43 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
Hindsight's 20-20...
That's exactly what i said. I put more value into someone that's willing to post his opinion, over someone that rides the bandwagon once it's at full speed.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:03 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
That's exactly what i said. I put more value into someone that's willing to post his opinion, over someone that rides the bandwagon once it's at full speed.
I distinctly said a long time ago that I thought the Celtics had the depth to contend for a title.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:05 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
I distinctly said a long time ago that I thought the Celtics had the depth to contend for a title.
Well sure, you can say that about three or four teams, then call it out when one of them pans out.

And how exactly did you make the argument that they had the depth to win?

Was this before the season? Cause i'd love to see how you would have known that Rondo would take huge steps and House, Posey, Powe and Brown would all be big contributors as well.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:07 AM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wow, that's amazing. You sir, are a genious.

Come on now, everything pre-season is a crapshoot, you could be wrong, you could be right. Not EVERYONE picked the Celts to win it all and if they all did that would be stupid.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 02:11 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we got rapeddddd.

i was so pissed it's ok because at least i was with my friends.

i think ray allen shouldve got mvp because he was the most consistent in the series but then again it should go to the franchise player.

it's never too soon to plan for the off season.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote