Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-07-2007, 10:34 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
Hey, does anyone know if the Cavs have a first round pick? I thought I heard somewhere that the didnt but I can't remember any trades we made involving a pick this year.
It's the Suns pick, Cavs traded a couple years ago Jiri Welsh for a future first rounder to Boston, that pick is now. Boston then sends it to Phoenix as part of the Rajon Rondo trade last year, so yeah Cavs have no 1st rounder. In fact the Cavs have no picks as their 2nd rounder goes to Orlando as part of the Drew Gooden deal.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:35 AM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
It's the Suns pick, Cavs traded a couple years ago Jiri Welsh for a future first rounder to Boston, that pick is now. Boston then sends it to Phoenix as part of the Rajon Rondo trade last year, so yeah Cavs have no 1st rounder. In fact the Cavs have no picks as their 2nd rounder goes to Orlando as part of the Drew Gooden deal.
Wow. Well, that sucks.
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:37 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
Wow. Well, that sucks.
Yeah and they are way over the cap so any help LeBron will get has to be either through a trade or a MLE signing but I wouldn't expect a top tier player, maybe a Morris Peterson or Smush Parker.

Old 04-07-2007, 10:41 AM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah and they are way over the cap so any help LeBron will get has to be either through a trade or a MLE signing but I wouldn't expect a top tier player, maybe a Morris Peterson or Smush Parker.
Dangit, I hated the Damon Jones and Donyell Marshall signings, but I guess I hate the Jiri Welsh trade more now since we lost our first round pick because of it. We better do well in the playoffs this year if we have any chance at Lebron staying for more than a couple more years.
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 09:55 PM    (permalink
jagsfreak27
Veteran

jagsfreak27 needs more cowbell.

Blowout win tonight for the Magic Grant Hill and Dwight Howard had good games tonight id feel better if this wasnt vs Memphis.

Jags:8-8
Duke B-Ball:22-10
Florida Gators: 13-1 BCS Champs
4/16/07 R.I.P VT
sig by jackalope
jagsfreak27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Wow 2 players on the same team had triple doubles. Vince Carter was insane 46 Points, 16 Rebounds, 10 Assists. Jason Kidd had 10 points, 18 assists, 16 Rebounds, Richard Jefferson added 27 points, while Mikki Moore added 17 points, and Cliff Robinson had 10 points, u are probably thinking they blew the game out but actually they won a close game in overtime over the depleted Wizards, it's so upsetting how they can't win these games but I am proud of the Wizards effort, and maybe there is some chance of them winning a game or 2 in the playoffs. Jamison had 37 and Jarvis Hayes 29.

Old 04-07-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Dammit, the Warriors needed this game.

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:41 PM    (permalink
jagsfreak27
Veteran

Quote:
Wow 2 players on the same team had triple doubles. Vince Carter was insane 46 Points, 16 Rebounds, 10 Assists. Jason Kidd had 10 points, 18 assists, 16 Rebounds, Richard Jefferson added 27 points, while Mikki Moore added 17 points, and Cliff Robinson had 10 points, u are probably thinking they blew the game out but actually they won a close game in overtime over the depleted Wizards, it's so upsetting how they can't win these games but I am proud of the Wizards effort, and maybe there is some chance of them winning a game or 2 in the playoffs. Jamison had 37 and Jarvis Hayes 29.
The Wizards have played with a lot of heart these last few games

4/16/07 R.I.P VT
sig by jackalope
Old 04-08-2007, 09:01 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So the Nets play like that, and then we whoop the **** out of them 2 nights ago in Chicago without 4 of our players. Makes no sense to me.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Watched the Nike Hoops Summit yesterday and here are my thoughts, as for the game US won by like 20 or something as they jumped to a quick 27 point lead but in the 3rd quarter the World team got within 10 points but the US team quickly pushed it back up, first off the most impressive player by far was Nicholas Batum the only pro prospect for this year. He really outshined the Rose, Mayo, and Beasley's of the US squad. At only 18 years old he has a worlds of skill and talent and I wouldn't be surprised to see him the top SG taken in the draft as a lottery pick. He will be a 2 guard wing in the NBA and he has great size and length. At 6-8 and a 7th foot wing span he really is a terror in the passing lanes. He has potential to be a great defender as he shows great man to man instincts. On offense he is a great passer and ball handler probably capable of playing a little 1 guard. He has a great 3 point stroke and also is great driving to the hoop, he runs the floor like a gazelle with amazing finishes. His biggest weakness by far is weight as right now he is rather slight and could use 15 pounds, but it isn't nearly as bad as some think it is and he could have an immediate impact in the NBA even with only 5 more pounds. Alexis Ajinca who NBADraft.net once had as a lottery pick and compared to KG(although they do tend to compare any Bigman to KG) looked pretty bad and IMO probably won't ever play in the NBA, and if he does would be a waste on the bench. Looking at his body it looks like he has filled out as much as he can and he doesn't have much potential to get bigger, and for him to make an NBA impact he needs 30 more pounds. It's a lot worse than Brandan Wright, for a 7 footer he is way too wiry, but his body is the least of his worries although it is a very big one. Skills wise he is nothing special and isn't the polished fundamental player you would expect a Euro to be. He has terrible hands and often struggles catching the ball in the post and when he does catch it he can't finish because of his weak body. He has no real offensive moves or game he isn't a great rebounder either, everything he does on defense is because of his 7-6 wingspan. He isn't even as fluid running down the court as I expected him to be at, to be honest he looked much better 2 years ago although that was not against this kind of competition. IMO he is a very overrated prospect and doesn't deserve the hype he has received. Another guy not worthy of his hype was Jianghua aka Chinese Iverson. While I will say it must have been hard for him being the only guy not being able to speak English and having a translator yell out orders to him and he didn't get much PT but still when he was on the court he wasn't impressive, great player in China sure but NBA prospect I don't think so, he certainly choked on the big stage. He is very small and while he does have an impressive skill set I don't see it translating well to the NBA. Nemanja Aleksandrov was pretty impressive and should be drafted in the first round when he declares. He has a great skill set and is tough inside, I like him. Soloman Alabi showed to be the most athletic on his squad but made no real impact. For the American squad they were led by Johnny Flynn who set a summit record of 10 assists and Kevin Love who was so tough inside and really is one of the best passing bigmen I have seen in a long time. He really knows how to start the break with his outlet passes. Jerryd Bayless was very impressive and outperformed Mayo and Rose. He looks like a carbon copy of Monta Ellis and should have a huge freshman season. Mayo really bounced back after a terrible shooting McDonalds game and showed his ability to finish on the break as well as some nifty shots and some creative passes although turning it over trying to make a spectacular pass. Rose decided not to take the spotlight and was just solid. Donte Green is very athletic and can do a whole bunch of things he reminds me of Julian Wright. Patrick Patterson dominated the game but most of it was cherry picking Dunks and he wasn't really able to show his game. He looks like a smaller Amare. Singler and Nolan Smith didn't make very big impacts. The most disappointing player for sure was Michael Beasley, he was just terrible and despite being the only American who was ballhogging he only finished with 8 points shooting 3-15 from the field. His jump shot was just way off and even when driving he couldn't finish, even worse was his free throw shooting, at one point he missed like 7 in a row, when he gets frustrated he forces the game and gets progressively worse. The thing that one the game for the US was athleticism on the break and the continuity they had with each other, it was much harder for the International team only having a week with players they had never seen before or known about and all speaking different languages. Many of team USA were high school AAU teammates or at the very least knew the games of their teammates.

Old 04-08-2007, 04:37 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

are Lasme and Freeman from UMASS NBDL type players. Lasme only played basektball for 3 years before going to UMass. Freeman was beastly at Umass and so was Lasme.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
miamichamp_305
Rookie

miamichamp_305 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This probably isn't the right place to ask this but...any news on if Michael Beasley will stay at KSU with Huggins leaving? Beasley could really help that team along with a (hopefully) healthy Walker. If I were Beasley I would stay at KSU even though Huggins isn't there anymore (that backstabber). It would allow him to show all his talent and maybe become a little more polished.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamichamp_305 View Post
This probably isn't the right place to ask this but...any news on if Michael Beasley will stay at KSU with Huggins leaving? Beasley could really help that team along with a (hopefully) healthy Walker. If I were Beasley I would stay at KSU even though Huggins isn't there anymore (that backstabber). It would allow him to show all his talent and maybe become a little more polished.
I would too but with his mentality, he may pull a bitc* move. I wonder how Bill Walker feels about Huggins leaving.

Old 04-08-2007, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where do you guys think Acie Law will get drafted? I want to say late first, early second.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

If Conley enters than I say late first. Otherwise mid first

Old 04-08-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
miamichamp_305
Rookie

miamichamp_305 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
If Conley enters than I say late first. Otherwise mid first
Agreed. If he could add a few more pounds and become more of a passing PG he could become very good.

As for Walker, I see him doing whatever Beasley does. If Beasley follows Huggins or goes to another college Walker would do the same, be it to the same place Beasley goes or to somewhere else. Just sucks that he would have to sit out a year even though he missed most of this one with that knee. Did he redshirt or is he going to be a sophmore?
Old 04-08-2007, 06:00 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamichamp_305 View Post
I heard hes staying.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Beasely confirmed he is staying with WVU, I posted a link in the college offseason thread...
Old 04-08-2007, 06:20 PM    (permalink
rocco31fb
Veteran

rocco31fb hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

HUge Game....Raps and Bulls...should be a good one.

Thanks eaglez.fan
rocco31fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco31fb View Post
HUge Game....Raps and Bulls...should be a good one.
For Sure, hopefully we can shut Sweetness' mouth:)

Old 04-08-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
jagsfreak27
Veteran

Where is Jason Williams the Duke one? He was one of my favorite duke players.

4/16/07 R.I.P VT
sig by jackalope
Old 04-08-2007, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagsfreak27 View Post
Where is Jason Williams the Duke one? He was one of my favorite duke players.
You know about the accident right? Anyways nobody even knows where he is after he git released by the Nets. J.Will shoulda chose the raps instead

Old 04-08-2007, 06:36 PM    (permalink
jagsfreak27
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
You know about the accident right? Anyways nobody even knows where he is after he git released by the Nets. J.Will shoulda chose the raps instead
Yes I know all about the accident sad story he was on his way to being a great player.

4/16/07 R.I.P VT
sig by jackalope
Old 04-08-2007, 06:56 PM    (permalink
rocco31fb
Veteran

rocco31fb hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

WTF!? That was lame. Mo Pete shouldn't have been ejected from the game.

Thanks eaglez.fan
rocco31fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

dumbess ejection i've seen all year.