Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2008, 07:59 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
hey, i'm reliable! and I'll pick Sean Williams and Douby, FTW!
then please sign up...haha

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:01 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
then please sign up...haha
i wasn't invited :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:02 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id do it if i was invited, so invite me!

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Bynum wants 17 million a year.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:52 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derrick Rose is good. He took over the 4th quarter for a comeback, scoring 30 points and had 7 assists. It made me happy.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 02:00 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Hornets have been tearing up pre-season.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:47 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guarantee the Wolves win the NBA title.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:16 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp4516 View Post
I guarantee the Wolves win the NBDL title.
They have a shot

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 01:15 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
So Bynum wants 17 million a year.
If he stays healthy this year, he probably gets it. :(
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 01:25 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's go Clippers.

Baron Davis! This isnt gonna be like the Clippers of the past years, we're gonna be exciting to watch with an actual chance of winning sometimes. If Al Thornton solidfies himself as a starter than this team can make a serious run at the playoffs. Oh yea, we can rebound with the best of them. Kaman and Camby all day. You can say I'm a little excited.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 02:27 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea Rose looked really good. Albeit it was just preseason, he led us back to a win down by 20 points in the 4th.

His learning curve is faster than expected and he looks to be getting better every game. He has a long way to go still and that's flat out scary.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

He shouldn't even have a learning curve. See ball, pass ball, shoot ball. A #1 overall pick should be able to pick up the intricacies of the league rather quickly. Especially one as athletic as Rose.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 02:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Yea Rose looked really good. Albeit it was just preseason, he led us back to a win down by 20 points in the 4th.

His learning curve is faster than expected and he looks to be getting better every game. He has a long way to go still and that's flat out scary.
Yeah, he looked really good as your go to guy. We all know that's exactly what a PG should be. ;)

Another SG in a PGs body. Not saying that's bad, because several stars have had great careers doing the same thing... it's just that when people call him a pure PG, they're fooling themselves.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Another SG in a PGs body. Not saying that's bad, because several stars have had great careers doing the same thing... it's just that when people call him a pure PG, they're fooling themselves.
Sort of agree.

I mean, the definition of a pure PG is becoming blurred. When the entire league consists of big bodied PGs, will that be the new "pure point guard"?

What do you consider a pure PG? Someone who only distributes?
Old 10-22-2008, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Let's go Clippers.

Baron Davis! This isnt gonna be like the Clippers of the past years, we're gonna be exciting to watch with an actual chance of winning sometimes. If Al Thornton solidfies himself as a starter than this team can make a serious run at the playoffs. Oh yea, we can rebound with the best of them. Kaman and Camby all day. You can say I'm a little excited.
Too bad their interior D is awful (don't be fooled by Camby's DPOY award, he's a lousy interior defender).

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:48 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Hey, I'm not in? No fair.
i couldnt send a pm to more than 5 ppl, and i didnt feel like re-typing but i did just invite thorough that message. go sign up int he fantasy thread, you have a spot because you were one of the ones i wanted in.

also scottyboy, you dont keep up with leagues, if youve fallen behind you just stop, sry..
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 04:09 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, he looked really good as your go to guy. We all know that's exactly what a PG should be. ;)

I guess Deron Williams isn't a pure PG either.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 04:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
Sort of agree.

I mean, the definition of a pure PG is becoming blurred. When the entire league consists of big bodied PGs, will that be the new "pure point guard"?

What do you consider a pure PG? Someone who only distributes?
Not someone who only distributes, but more carefully said, someone who looks to distribute first. A floor general. Someone who controls the tempo of the game. He makes the other 4 guys around him better because of the way he sets them up for easy scores. It's a mentality. Some PGs want the glory of putting the ball in the basket, others find glory in making those around them better and thus making the team better. It's a me pride vs a team pride.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:11 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
He shouldn't even have a learning curve. See ball, pass ball, shoot ball. A #1 overall pick should be able to pick up the intricacies of the league rather quickly. Especially one as athletic as Rose.
What are you talking about? He's 20 years old, he's playing the toughest position in the game. He's still learning the position. No learning curve?

Just because you are a #1 pick doesn't mean you need time to learn the game. He was picked because of his potential down the road. If we wanted a guy to produce night in and night out we would have taken Beasley.

Derrick's actually learning a lot quicker than most expected, including me. I thought by mid season he would start to become more consistent, he seems to be improving every time he steps on the floor. Now again it's just preseason but he's receiving rave reviews in practice as well.

Once that jump shot starts to fall holy ****. Watching him play this year will help ease the pain of how many games we'll probably lose haha. If and when he and Tyrus become more consistent, I think that's when you will see the Bulls make a turn around back to near the top of the East. WE absolutely still need guys like Luol, Thabo, etc to also come to play but those two are the keys to our success down the road.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
I guess Deron Williams isn't a pure PG either.
Stop guessing. It's foolish.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:18 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:

No one is a "pure PG" other than Kidd. Paul, Williams, Nash, Davis, Parker, etc all look to score as well but maintain that playmaking ingredient in their games.

Rose is not a pure PG, but he without a doubt is a PG. His distribution abilities are what have impressed me so far. I knew he would be able to put some points up but his decision making has been very good. He may not have Paul or Deron's "cerebralness" but he's got enough playmaking skills to be a top PG in this league, no doubt about it.

Quote:
Old 10-22-2008, 04:22 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

And by your definition D-Unit, there isn't a pure PG other than Kidd because Paul and Williams often look to score instead of distributing.

It's a new age for the PG position in this game. They not only look to pass but they also look to score, which is partly why I think you're seeing the value of a good PG going up (to go along with the new rules and increased scoring).

Rose in 2-3 years will be an elite PG in this league, no doubt about it. He's getting guys open looks, he's breaking defense down, he's looking to pass first most of the time...But he's also maintaining that scoring edge.

Quote:
Old 10-22-2008, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Meh. I just have better standards than others.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
What are you talking about? He's 20 years old, he's playing the toughest position in the game. He's still learning the position. No learning curve?

Just because you are a #1 pick doesn't mean you need time to learn the game. He was picked because of his potential down the road. If we wanted a guy to produce night in and night out we would have taken Beasley.

Derrick's actually learning a lot quicker than most expected, including me. I thought by mid season he would start to become more consistent, he seems to be improving every time he steps on the floor. Now again it's just preseason but he's receiving rave reviews in practice as well.

Once that jump shot starts to fall holy ****. Watching him play this year will help ease the pain of how many games we'll probably lose haha. If and when he and Tyrus become more consistent, I think that's when you will see the Bulls make a turn around back to near the top of the East. WE absolutely still need guys like Luol, Thabo, etc to also come to play but those two are the keys to our success down the road.
His potential was one reason to draft him, but not the only reason. Rose will be an amazing player. Right now, he doesn't have a pass first mentality, but that's not a crime either. Just pointing out what he's showing now, is the same thing that he showed in college... and that I don't agree with the people who called him a pure PG coming into the league.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:30 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quick question, and I'm not trying to bash you or anything.

Have you seen Rose play so far in the preseason? I have all 6 games, or well all 5 that were on TV. While Rose doesn't pass first all the time and has become more aggressive as of late, he does get his teammates involved. And if our guys could make the open shots he gets them, his assist numbers would be higher than they are right now.

Rose is not a pure PG, I realize that. But he is a PG, and down the road a very, very, very, very good one.

Quote: