Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 11-21-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Stacey Andrews

alright well now that we've had time to value this project whats your opinion of him. I think hes a very good talent who needs some more time to become great and i think we HAVE to keep him for willie andrews when his time is over. Maybe it isnt to play RT but i think hed be great at guard and then put whitworth at RT but thats just me.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im gonna say i agree with ya. i liked the pick when we first made it
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 12:53 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I liked the pick alot too when we took him and we all knew he would take time to develope. I saw in yesterday's paper that he "can become an UNRESTRICTED free agent this year"....I know he is a restricted free agent after this season, but I sure hope there isn't some provision in his contract that allows him to leave (UFA) because I think some quality guys in that situation could bolt.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 01:27 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ya i really hope we keep him around. he could be a monster at guard.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 12-21-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
lost33cause
Rookie

lost33cause hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

We pretty much have to keep him. We have too many question marks with our OL to bring in rookies to start. Our OL is too important for the success of Carson.
lost33cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

anyone get the feeling he will get a monster offer?

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 12-22-2007, 11:48 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He won't be poor when his deal is done. He'll either sign healthy here or get paid massive elsewhere. He can play multiple positions at a high level. I sure hope we hold onto him.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 12:40 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

ya especially with willie saying this may be his last home game.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 12-24-2007, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Why the Bengals
Rookie

Why the Bengals hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default This team is so frustrating

How is it the D can look so good yesterday and yet lose to the 49ers last week? The offense is under producing with this talent. This team needs an infusion of creativity on both sides of the ball. I like Marvin and he has done a great deal for the franchise but he can not lead/win with this group. Thoughts??
Why the Bengals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 01:08 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

i agree to an extent. i think marvin is getting alot of flack this year but i don't think he deserves it. ya we've underachieved but i wont place ALL the blame on his shoulders. i think they are finally realizing we've got some good young players waiting in the wings on D and hopefully they utilize them more. i also think our coordinators aren't creative enough as you said and i think they should both be gone. the only time this D succeeds is when we attack and use different schemes than our base 43. I'd like to see a coordinator that isn't afraid to take some risks. our offense also needs to be more creative, i think teams have pretty much figured us out.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 12-28-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

That's BS! We played against a team that gave us a win in the last 2 minutes of the 1st half and other than that, just who have we played for the past 8 games or so that we have handled? We have played a bunch of weak sisters aside from a Tenn team with lots of offensive problems. This defense stinks and what it say about the coaching when we get our best Safety play of the year out of 2 rookies who have sat for most of the season? We have DTs in Thornton and Robinson who will be out of football if we cut them and maybe Michael Myers too. Our best LBer in Landon Johnson gets pushed all over the place. Just what is good about this defense other than lots of promise from the DBs and potential from some of our young LBers like Brooks. How good is this D is a Dhanti Jones can join up with us and become invaluable and one of our best even tho he's been cut from 2 teams this year already.
Old 12-28-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

I have been watchin this guy ever since the jets brought him in for a visit in marchish of this year. I know he was a restricted free agent prior to this season and i beleive he was either kept on the same contract or signed to a 1 year extension?? I am not exactly sure what his contract status is, but i remember specifically reading that mangini probably won't offer him or randall Gaay of the pats a contract, becuase it would cost a 2nd rounder, but that they were doing some shopping for the following year. That lead me to beleive he would be an UFA, but i honestly have no idea and figured you guys would all know. I personally think he is too valuable to let go, but if he is gonna get a big contract it would be tough to sign him for big money and not start him every game. Anyways, if anyone knows his actualy status UFA or RFA that would be awesome. Thanks.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 08:03 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickscott View Post
That's BS! We played against a team that gave us a win in the last 2 minutes of the 1st half and other than that, just who have we played for the past 8 games or so that we have handled? We have played a bunch of weak sisters aside from a Tenn team with lots of offensive problems. This defense stinks and what it say about the coaching when we get our best Safety play of the year out of 2 rookies who have sat for most of the season? We have DTs in Thornton and Robinson who will be out of football if we cut them and maybe Michael Myers too. Our best LBer in Landon Johnson gets pushed all over the place. Just what is good about this defense other than lots of promise from the DBs and potential from some of our young LBers like Brooks. How good is this D is a Dhanti Jones can join up with us and become invaluable and one of our best even tho he's been cut from 2 teams this year already.
Im not saying this D is going to be great or even has been great this year at all. i think they have good young talent with bad coaching. that bad coaching isnt necessarily all marvins fault and i think we are too quick to forget what he has done here. we have a young d that needs some more pieces to be pretty good and those good young defensive players have been drafted by marvin. but im sure a new head coach would make it all the better.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 12-30-2007, 08:30 PM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

maninblack, I have to wonder that if Dave Shula was here and Carson was the QB throwing to TJ and Chad, would we really be much worse? I know Marvin changed the attitude initially, but we have reverted back to "the Bungles" in many ways. I am encouraged that Marvin wants to "start over" and hopefully that will mean a stricter head coach that straightens out our WR corp's antics and kicks this defense in the ass. I am very encouraged by our present young DBs and some of our talent at other positions.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually have Andrews as a target for the Saints in my offseason plan.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 12:51 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickscott View Post
maninblack, I have to wonder that if Dave Shula was here and Carson was the QB throwing to TJ and Chad, would we really be much worse? I know Marvin changed the attitude initially, but we have reverted back to "the Bungles" in many ways. I am encouraged that Marvin wants to "start over" and hopefully that will mean a stricter head coach that straightens out our WR corp's antics and kicks this defense in the ass. I am very encouraged by our present young DBs and some of our talent at other positions.
i think the comment by chad about the WR's "antics" was well said. he was talking about LT and Philip Rivers arguing on the sidelines and how everyone says they are "getting the play straight". He went on to say that when they would do it this year it was made out to be a bad thing. I think in a lot of ways that is very true. I don't usually have a problem with the things our WR's(with the exception of henry's laziness and reluctance to go over the middle) do, im not saying they are perfect but i think we've got a lot more problems than our WRs. I agree the D needs a kick in the ass but i think its more a schematical thing than a personnel(player-wise) thing. Marvin has gone a bit soft but i think he realizes that and has been more strict this year(for off the field stuff at least). I just do not think getting a new head coach all over again is the answer to our problems. And as far as the Dave Shula comment I won't even go into the horror stories about what he used to allow. You think Marvin is soft you have no idea...

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165