Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: what is the most difficult sport to play?
Football 6 9.09%
Basketball 3 4.55%
Baseball 9 13.64%
Soccer 4 6.06%
Rugby 4 6.06%
Tennis 4 6.06%
Golf 21 31.82%
Hockey 15 22.73%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2007, 08:34 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default What is the most difficult sport to play?

what do you think it is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 08:34 AM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GOLF is hard

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 08:40 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do I edit my poll? I somehow forgot to add Hockey

Quote:
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Old 11-22-2007, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hockey . . .

And only Admins and maybe mods can edit polls.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:47 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Golf is the hardest. Anyone can pretty much do any of the other sports that are mentioned.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

This question needs to be a lot more detailed to be answered...
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 09:10 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

^what should I be more specific on?

i'll try to make it better

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-22-2007, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boxing, and it's not even close.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
^what should I be more specific on?

i'll try to make it better
What do you mean in terms of hard? Like hard physically? Hard to make it to the pros or just hardest to start playing? Hard mentally? Hard from a skill perspective?
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 09:17 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

It takes years for somebody to even get mediocre at golf. If you play basketball for a couple of days straight you can feel your shot getting better and better. If you field ground balls everyday and go to the batting cages everyday you will see a difference and notice that you are hitting better and getting around on the ball faster. In golf you can play 20 rounds and still play 30 above par. Golf without a question is the hardest to play among the sports that are listed.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 11-22-2007, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Golf isn't the hardest sport to play. It may be the most difficult to become REALLY good at, but there is a reason so many people play golf as opposed to some other sports. It's not physically a difficult sport. You can weigh 300 pounds and be as good a golfer as a guy that is in good shape.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:54 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Golf isn't the hardest sport to play. It may be the most difficult to become REALLY good at, but there is a reason so many people play golf as opposed to some other sports. It's not physically a difficult sport. You can weigh 300 pounds and be as good a golfer as a guy that is in good shape.
The thread says most difficult to play not the most physical. Golf is obviously the most difficult to play out of the sports listed.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 11-22-2007, 10:00 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
The thread says most difficult to play not the most physical. Golf is obviously the most difficult to play out of the sports listed.
I would say golf is the most difficult to get somewhat decent at. But hockey(which isn't listed) you can't even play if you can't skate. At least if you can walk you can pick up a golf club and swing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Most difficult in what way? This thread isn't specific. Most difficult came be taken to mean most physically demanding? most difficult to become really good at? most difficult to learn?

I am by no means saying that golf is easy, but it is more of a "common man's" sport than hockey.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:02 AM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's between hockey and golf. Golf is more difficult to become good at, but hockey is more difficult to learn, because of that whole, skating thing.

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 10:22 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Most difficult in what way? This thread isn't specific. Most difficult came be taken to mean most physically demanding? most difficult to become really good at? most difficult to learn?

I am by no means saying that golf is easy, but it is more of a "common man's" sport than hockey.
Personally I think its easier for people to pick up a stick and hit a puck then to pick up a club and try to get a ball in a hole. I have done both for years. Golf is just on a level on its on difficulty wise. And that is the question what is the most difficult sport to play. The most difficult sport to play is golf. Thats just my opinion im sure others are going to have theirs.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 11-22-2007, 10:25 AM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Personally I think its easier for people to pick up a stick and hit a puck then to pick up a club and try to get a ball in a hole. I have done both for years. Golf is just on a level on its on difficulty wise. And that is the question what is the most difficult sport to play. The most difficult sport to play is golf. Thats just my opinion im sure others are going to have theirs.
But again, you can't just pick up a stick and hit a puck. You have to learn to skate. If you can't skate, you can't play. If you can walk, you can play golf. Not well, but you can play. I leanred to skate when I was 2, so for me golf is definately harder. But if someone doesn't know how to skate, I guarantee they'd find golf alot easier than hockey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spelling. :D
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 10:28 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am 10000% with Ryan on this one. Golf is great because anyone can play it, and anyone can play it well. However, it takes a ton of time and investment to play it well. As was mentioned, your physique doesn't really matter in golf. That is absolutely true. However, you need the right muscle memory and understanding of exactly what your body can do. It is challenging physically and mentally. One little tick in your wrist can change a shot. It is very, very tough and can be frustrating. It is a game that can only be played, never mastered.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 10:29 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hockey is tough, but people with great balance and athleticism can take care of business in a hockey rink. I think you have to work the most at getting good at golf.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 11-22-2007, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Golf was so difficult, then why do you see 50 year olds start playing and end up playing pretty well. It is Tennis. Not only is it a sport that takes incredible endurance, but it mixes in hand-eye-coordination and split-second strategy.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 10:40 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

The people hating on golf do not play much, if at all. People keep playing it because it is good to get outdoors, it is not overly physical, and it is incredibly challenging. I could see how you could argue that golf is a game more than a sport, though.

Old 11-22-2007, 10:42 AM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Mixed martial arts, followed by baseball.
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 10:45 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

cords, please explain your rationale with MMA and baseball.

Old 11-22-2007, 10:52 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id have to say golf. I played it once this past summer and the best i had was a Birdie on a par 3. Everything else was a bogey or Beyond Bogeys. The game is really hard on ur body after playing and its just diffucult.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote