Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: what is the most difficult sport to play?
Football 6 9.09%
Basketball 3 4.55%
Baseball 9 13.64%
Soccer 4 6.06%
Rugby 4 6.06%
Tennis 4 6.06%
Golf 21 31.82%
Hockey 15 22.73%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Golf is really hard! The most challenging from an athletic standpoint, for me, was Rugby. When I first started playing, I couldn't run for more than 20 minutes without being subbed out hahaha

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
We aren't talking about that tho. We're saying...if you talk a brand new person to sports. And hand them a set of golf clubs or a pair of skates. Which one will they get the jist of first?

Obviously golf. Skating takes time and effort to even leanr that aspect....before even thinking about passing or shooting ir hitting others.
u got to be kidding man. If you just put skates on and throw someone to the lions they could probly learn in a day. If you throw someone on to a par 5, no matter how long, they will never get par. Do u know how long it takes to consistenly hit the fairway? going to the Driving Range and wacking is easier than skating. Its really impossible to compare golf to anything cause most sports u compare athletic ability and to learn it, golf requires little at most athletic ability, just flexability.
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
u got to be kidding man. If you just put skates on and throw someone to the lions they could probly learn in a day. If you throw someone on to a par 5, no matter how long, they will never get par. Do u know how long it takes to consistenly hit the fairway? going to the Driving Range and wacking is easier than skating. Its really impossible to compare golf to anything cause most sports u compare athletic ability and to learn it, golf requires little at most athletic ability, just flexability.
Ok, maybe in your world hockey only consists of skating...but then throw in skating and handling a stick...then skating, handling a stick and controlling a puck...then skating, handling a puck, controlling a puck, then shooting the puck...and so on...

Given the same amount of time...a person learning hockey will take much more time than a person learning golf, each sport for the first time. No doubt about that.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

Quote:
Ok, maybe in your world hockey only consists of skating...but then throw in skating and handling a stick...then skating, handling a stick and controlling a puck...then skating, handling a puck, controlling a puck, then shooting the puck...and so on...

Given the same amount of time...a person learning hockey will take much more time than a person learning golf, each sport for the first time. No doubt about that.
um u said
Quote:
if you talk a brand new person to sports. And hand them a set of golf clubs or a pair of skates. Which one will they get the jist of first?
i took it literally, its easier to skate than play a par 5. Besides its impossible to compare, your comparing fast twitch muscles and endurence with a sport that really only uses flexability. its like comparing sculpting with art. it require 2 different abilities.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

very true i can skate but the first and only time i tried skating and handling a puck at the same time i found it extremely difficult. add in being able to control and shoot the puck and it will take u some time getting used to for sure.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
um u said

i took it literally, its easier to skate than play a par 5. Besides its impossible to compare, your comparing fast twitch muscles and endurence with a sport that really only uses flexability. its like comparing sculpting with art. it require 2 different abilities.
Your right. I did say which sport would they get the jist of playing first. Hitting a golf ball with golf club or skating on an ice rink shooting the puck at a goalie? You tell me!

I know, and probably everoyne on here would agree that golf is easier compard to hockey in this sense.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:35 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm sorry, I've taught kids and adults both to skate many times. You may be able to learn to stand in a day. You may even be able to learn to walk forward on your skates(not actually skate though), but there's no way you can learn to skate properly in a day. Throw in actually being able to take a shot or even move the puck with any speed? Then actually get a puck past the goalie?

If you can hit the golf ball with the club, you have just begun playing golf. If you can't skate, you haven't even begun playing hockey. For some reason people seem tto miss the point here. If you say that you can learn to skate in a day, that's fine. ButI can hit a golf ball if I've never played before in hell of a lot less time than a day. Can you stand still and move your arms? You can probably hit a golf ball. If it takes you more than 5 minutes to learn to skate, then golf is easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Last edited by ironman4579 : 11-22-2007 at 03:39 PM.
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Your right. I did say which sport would they get the jist of playing first. Hitting a golf ball with golf club or skating on an ice rink shooting the puck at a goalie? You tell me!

I know, and probably everoyne on here would agree that golf is easier compard to hockey in this sense.
hey billingsley, ive never said hockey isnt hard, id just put golf as 1a, and hockey as 1b. both are incredably hard, but their reason for being hard are both different. Its not like were comparing cricket and baseball, Hockey and Golf are on 2 different spectrums. We cool?
Old 11-22-2007, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
hey billingsley, ive never said hockey isnt hard, id just put golf as 1a, and hockey as 1b. both are incredably hard, but their reason for being hard are both different. Its not like were comparing cricket and baseball, Hockey and Golf are on 2 different spectrums. We cool?
I hear your point. We're cool. No worries.
Old 11-22-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
roughrider30
Veteran

roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roughrider30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're exactly right on that last point and that is what all of these debates comparing athleticism in sports really comes down to is you can't really compare them,

but what you said before that was off, because you were comparing what realistically for the most part only pros can do constantly (get par on a par 5) to one of the more basic part of the sport (learning how to skate). Obviously learning how to skate is going to be easier than getting par of a par 5 consistently.

A more accurate comparison would have been the par 5 to something like taking the puck down the ice and scoring on an NHL goalie, which is incomparable difficulty wise, since it would take different types of athleticism for each and either can be more or less difficult to certain people.

Sig by BoneKrusher
roughrider30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 04:23 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

ripdw27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

wrestling or boxing.

not many people have the mental or physical toughness for these sports. its more physically and mentally draining then any other sport. in wrestling you have to constantly know what moves to do at certain times, and i dont know a whole lot about boxing but there is a lot of technique there to. it would be easier imo to learn how to golf as opposed to wrestle or box. granted there are state champions in wrestling that cant hit a ball straight, but not many golfers can put themselves through the intensity of boxing or wrestling.
ripdw27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've competed and played in 8 different sports in my life (soccer, basketball, cricket, rugby union, rugby league, wakeboarding, swimming, baseball) i also surf alot, skateboard now and then and play a bit of golf when i can. So from my limited experience in the world of sports i would say the most difficult sport for me to adapt to and become relatively good at was surfing. I learnt to surf when i was 10 years old and the memories of the first time i went out in decent sized swell will live with me forever, **** i was scared
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say MMA.

To be good at it you need to be solid at either Kickboxing/Muy Thai,Boxing,Jui-Jitsu/Wrestling,Judo

and you will need to learn how to defend against all techniques in the martial arts above.

Wrestling is very tough also, it is very mental, I get so nervous before matches I poop and almost puke. I never got like that in baskeball becuase it is u VS. 1 man not a team thing. Plus you have to be very conditioned.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This a trick question because some sports are easier for some people than others.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:02 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
This a trick question because some sports are easier for some people than others.
but the consensus here is golf and thats usually the case
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
but the consensus here is golf and thats usually the case
It depends what is meant by hardest...
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Swimming is difficult.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

for an adult...is it really that hard to learn how to skate? I've been playing hockey for 11 years now so its like breathing for me, and with that I find it surprising when I hear how hard it is to learn how to skate.

With that, I say golf is the hardest sport overall. I have been playing golf for 13 years and I still REALLY suck (took lessons, when I was 5 though)

It depends though. I'd say golf is easier to start playing. I have videos of me golfing @ 4 and me skating @ 6 and I was a much better golfer then skater. To get good at...hockey is easier, cause like I said, I really suck @ golf and I've been playing it for 13 years.

I'd say hockey is more physically demanding, but only slightly. Golf takes alot more physical skill then you would think, especially playing it in 90 degree weather. Hockey though, you go all out for a minute, then rest. Hockey takes less time too, as I'm on the ice for about 15 minutes, while golf can take up to 4 hours.

so to recap:

harder to start: hockey, but its closer then people think
harder to be good at: golf by alot
more physically demanding: hockey by a bit

so it could go either way...depends on your preference

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 06:21 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_kid16 View Post
for an adult...is it really that hard to learn how to skate? I've been playing hockey for 11 years now so its like breathing for me, and with that I find it surprising when I hear how hard it is to learn how to skate.

With that, I say golf is the hardest sport overall. I have been playing golf for 13 years and I still REALLY suck (took lessons, when I was 5 though)

It depends though. I'd say golf is easier to start playing. I have videos of me golfing @ 4 and me skating @ 6 and I was a much better golfer then skater. To get good at...hockey is easier, cause like I said, I really suck @ golf and I've been playing it for 13 years.

I'd say hockey is more physically demanding, but only slightly. Golf takes alot more physical skill then you would think, especially playing it in 90 degree weather. Hockey though, you go all out for a minute, then rest. Hockey takes less time too, as I'm on the ice for about 15 minutes, while golf can take up to 4 hours.

so to recap:

harder to start: hockey, but its closer then people think
harder to be good at: golf by alot
more physically demanding: hockey by a bit

so it could go either way...depends on your preference
Playing in 90 degree weather is easy. At least it is for me. I went to high school in Houston and had fooball practice regularly at 90 degrees. Add humidity to that and 90 degrees sounds cold.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you just put skates on and throw someone to the lions they could probly learn in a day.
One of the top 10 dumbest things ever said
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
It depends what is meant by hardest...
This is true, but I agree with everything ironman's said and voted hockey.
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
One of the top 10 dumbest things ever said
WOW!!! What happened with your sig? Have youe abandoned Michigan or did you...say switch it the same way i did?
Old 11-22-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
WOW!!! What happened with your sig? Have youe abandoned Michigan or did you...say switch it the same way i did?
The very same way you did. Never, ever bet on Mike Hart/Chad Henne in a big game, for they shall let you down. Mario Manningham didn't help either.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
The very same way you did. Never, ever bet on Mike Hart/Chad Henne in a big game, for they shall let you down. Mario Manningham didn't help either.
I feel like letting out a good laugh.....but that wouldnt look too goo on my behalf. I completely understand how you feel.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I feel like letting out a good laugh.....but that wouldnt look too goo on my behalf. I completely understand how you feel.
It's okay, he gets to wear the best sig ever. He's cool.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote