Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: what is the most difficult sport to play?
Football 6 9.09%
Basketball 3 4.55%
Baseball 9 13.64%
Soccer 4 6.06%
Rugby 4 6.06%
Tennis 4 6.06%
Golf 21 31.82%
Hockey 15 22.73%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
It's okay, he gets to wear the best sig ever. He's cool.
Are we not going to be playing a little Halo 3 soon? Maybe I help get my friend Sniper out of this little mess he is in.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sorry I was not more specific. i didn't have time to edit it after Moses told me what to do.

It should be 'most difficult to become really good at'.

sorry for the inconvenience

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 07:18 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Easily golf. I cant keep my cool without atleased a six pack in me. All mental.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 07:51 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

ripdw27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

aside from what i said earlier

golf is the hardest to become good at. ive been to the driving range 4 times and ive golfed once. not a passion, i really wish i wouldve played more when i was younger. i think im gonna start getting into golf. my problem would be losing interest because i wouldnt be good enough to compete. and its not really worth paying whatever they charge to hit a 9 on a par 3 lol

hockey is hard, you need lots of balance, speed, hand eye coordination and upper body strength. theres also a lot of technique involved like dribbling the puck and passing and shooting with some velocity. also prices are outrageous, ive always wanted to play hockey. we once played pickup hockey on open skate and ended up getting kicked off.
ripdw27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 11:58 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
Between 90-95 is awesome.
I've been playing since I was 6. I'm a little better than that. My best score on 9 was a 35. (1 under) and on 18 it was 73 (2 over)

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cricket....

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 01:13 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

golf, tennis, then hockey. baseball, football, basketball, soccer then rugby. in that order.

i think no one gives tennis enough credit either.

it's the athletic person's golf. yeah, you can play with your friend and hit it back and forth, but the level of play between beginner and decent player is huge.

just like between decent player and pro is huge.

tennis is truly the weirdest professional sport. period. the ATP is a weird system that produces 3-5 dominant players, and a field to play against them. on any given sunday, tiger woods can fall to upstarts, rarely does that happen in the tennis world. to watch federer play sampras really proved that.

edit: there's also 0 metrics that say you're better fit to play tennis than another. the only metric you have is what? racket speed? reaction time? i mean... it's the same with golf, all you have is club speed. everything else is purely statistical on you're competence. baseball you have baserunning speed, range, throwing, batting. football you have 40 time, strength, hockey, you even have blue-line to blue-line, reaction times, shot power, etc... the skill between one person and the next has more to do with strength of footwork, and knowledge of the game than physical skill. same with golf, how you plan your shots, how you execute, how you hit the fairway, all aren't measureables by any physical means, just statistical means. the intangables are more a part of the game with these two sports that make it harder to learn. hence, why there's converted basketball players playing tight end. but not as many hockey players who play another sport...

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Last edited by awfullyquiet : 11-23-2007 at 01:51 AM.
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 01:26 AM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGibril28 View Post
I've been playing since I was 6. I'm a little better than that. My best score on 9 was a 35. (1 under) and on 18 it was 73 (2 over)
That's pretty damn good. Do you play competitively?

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
sdpads24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 07:05 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Although I'm not convinced that it is the most difficult, I have to stick up for soccer a little at this point. People talking about tennis are basically describing the skills required for soccer. They did a study on the last England soccer game and 5 players ran over 11000m, one getting over 12500m, that requires a hell of a lot of fitness when you consider a lot of soccer is sprinting, controlling the ball as it is hit to you etc.

Also in soccer you need to have very good technique as well, which is the argument many are using for golf. It's not quite as technical as golf, but some of the coordination required in soccer is extremely difficult to master.
I've posted a couple of links containing some of the skills, I hope it helps people's appreciation of the game. Oh and a couple of the old Nike ads, just because they are awesome haha.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkA7IwUucnc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNjVA...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QESsA...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M4Q2lv6fQY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0O7KkZn4rk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hokq-7olthE
http://youtube.com/watch?v=theVrdxLr50
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dH0RQOtZFhs&feature=related

It's also quite a physical game, it gets a bad rap from the idiots who dive and avoid contact, but played in the right way it's a tough game. It's not exactly football, but you come off and you know you have been in a game.

So it contains a lot of the things people are looking for when describing a difficult sport, physicality, fitness, technique. Apologies for the essay, but I get fed up with soccer getting such a bad rep.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote