Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-05-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The Official Harry Potter Discussion Thread

With the new movie and the final book both coming out pretty soon, I thought it was appropriate to begin a Harry Potter thread. Don't try to pretend like you aren't into this teenaged magician...

You can use this to post predictions as to what you think will happen in the last book, or just to talk about how pumped you are for both the movie and last book to finally be released.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:15 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i gotta read book 5 again before the movie, it was soo long ago i barely remember it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was going to make a thread about book 7, but I was never a fan of the movies. Probably because it's impossible to live up to the books awesomeness. Anyways, does anyone here disagree that R.A.B is Regulus Black?
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have never read a Harry Potter book...never got into it...

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Harry Potter is the shizzle dizzle
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:30 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Snape kills Dumbledore..
Wait...no, that's old.
Voldemort kills Hermione.
I agree that Hermione will be killed. You know that one of the big three has to die, and I don't think JK has the stones to make it be Harry. Ron is the other possibility, but plays a much larger role in Harry's life than Hermione.

What I would like to see happen...although highly doubt it will: Harry must die in order for Voldemort to die because their lives are so interconnected. I also thought it would be pretty sweet if the last horcrux was Harry's scar. As I stated before though, I don't think JK Rowling has the guts to kill Harry and so I don't think this will happen.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:32 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
I agree that Hermione will be killed. You know that one of the big three has to die, and I don't think JK has the stones to make it be Harry. Ron is the other possibility, but plays a much larger role in Harry's life than Hermione.

What I would like to see happen...although highly doubt it will: Harry must die in order for Voldemort to die because their lives are so interconnected. I also thought it would be pretty sweet if the last horcrux was Harry's scar. As I stated before though, I don't think JK Rowling has the guts to kill Harry and so I don't think this will happen.
is the better way to end a series? kill the main character

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:37 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I should re-read the 6th..

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscbadgerfootball View Post
I should re-read the 6th..
don't feel bad i quit half way through the 4th

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 07-05-2007, 08:45 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
don't feel bad i quit half way through the 4th
I just feel bad about not remember enough of the 6th

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscbadgerfootball View Post
I just feel bad about not remember enough of the 6th
i used to be into it rank... then i dont know it jsut kind of lost interest to me .. i tried to get back into them but i just could not do it

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 07-05-2007, 09:04 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I wouldn't mind much if Ron died, he has always been my least favorite main character. Who do you think R.A.B is btw? And do you know that "a heavy locket" was mentioned as being at Grimmauld place? That kind of confirms that RAB is Regulus because that is probably the horcrux.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:04 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a warning. Posting spoilers for things like this results in being suspended and or banned. So dont go there.. I dont care if the 'internet knows about it' or not.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:13 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
I wouldn't mind much if Ron died, he has always been my least favorite main character. Who do you think R.A.B is btw? And do you know that "a heavy locket" was mentioned as being at Grimmauld place? That kind of confirms that RAB is Regulus because that is probably the horcrux.
I agree with you about Ron, I never really cared for him that much. I just think he is too important in Rowling's eyes to kill off. As for the R.A.B. thing, I never really could figure out who it would be, I'm not sure if it is Regulus because wouldn't Hermione have uncovered his name when she was looking for anyone with those initials? The heavy locket thing could have simply been something pointless that was included to throw people off. My best guess is that it will be a woman who was married and so her initials were changed away from RAB. Anywho, I'm looking forward to reading and finding out!
Old 07-05-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Just a warning. Posting spoilers for things like this results in being suspended and or banned. So dont go there.. I dont care if the 'internet knows about it' or not.
Thank you, I didn't think it was really my place to say anything, but I thought it was a bad move to post that. I believe the publishers have said that the spoiler was fake anyway.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
ncstateviking
Rookie

ncstateviking hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

hermione is by far a better character than ron. ron may die in my opinion. my tradition is reading all the previous books in order before i read the new one. so its fresh on my mind. ive been at it a month or so and im starting the 5th now. ill be ready for the final one when i get it.
ncstateviking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I agree with you about Ron, I never really cared for him that much. I just think he is too important in Rowling's eyes to kill off. As for the R.A.B. thing, I never really could figure out who it would be, I'm not sure if it is Regulus because wouldn't Hermione have uncovered his name when she was looking for anyone with those initials? The heavy locket thing could have simply been something pointless that was included to throw people off. My best guess is that it will be a woman who was married and so her initials were changed away from RAB. Anywho, I'm looking forward to reading and finding out!
About the locket, I think the barman of the Hog's Head has it. When Harry cornered Mundungus Fletcher about stealing Sirius's stuff, it said the barman walked away pulling his cloak tightly around his neck, or something like that. Mundungus probably sold it to him IMO.

Another guess at who RAB may be, when Voldemort took those 2 kids into the cave, one of their names was Amy Benson. Amy could've been her middle name.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncstateviking View Post
hermione is by far a better character than ron. ron may die in my opinion. my tradition is reading all the previous books in order before i read the new one. so its fresh on my mind. ive been at it a month or so and im starting the 5th now. ill be ready for the final one when i get it.
I used to do that, but I stopped enjoying the first couple books. I'm mad now though because I just finished rereading the 6th book tonight and HPDH is still 15 days away... I don't want to read any of the others though because that would probably throw me off.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just glimpsed a bit of the 6th book. I started last year, my mom got like the first 3 when I was young and never bothered to read it until last year. Then I became a HP fiend unfortunately. It is just interesting to me, it's the only non-sports books that I have in my room.

I think R.A.B. is Regulus just for the point that there is no other logical character that it could be. Sirius said that he was killed because he betrayed Voldemort which makes sense when you think of the Horcrux. It ties in.

I also think that it's pretty obvious that Hermione, Ron and Harry don't go back to Hogwarts judging by the British book cover. See for yourself on Wikipedia.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Always wondered why I liked DBZ and never Harry Potter...
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01 View Post
I just glimpsed a bit of the 6th book. I started last year, my mom got like the first 3 when I was young and never bothered to read it until last year. Then I became a HP fiend unfortunately. It is just interesting to me, it's the only non-sports books that I have in my room.

I think R.A.B. is Regulus just for the point that there is no other logical character that it could be. Sirius said that he was killed because he betrayed Voldemort which makes sense when you think of the Horcrux. It ties in.

I also think that it's pretty obvious that Hermione, Ron and Harry don't go back to Hogwarts judging by the British book cover. See for yourself on Wikipedia.
Hey I gave you a 5th green bar! And it's not unfortunate to be a HP fiend...

The only knock on RAB being Regulus is that it's too obvious, I think.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well considering I mocked HP fiends in the past, it does seem to be a bit of a unfortunate thing. I remember when I first read it, it was when Book 5 premiered (so it was 3 years ago instead of last year upon further review) and I was pretty much jacked to re-read everything else even though I knew what happened.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Canadian_kid16
All-Pro

Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Canadian_kid16 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need to find a friend to borrow the sixth book from! GAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

There was my informative post for the day...

Proud fan of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Somewhat proud fan of the Toronto Blue Jays
Yes, a fan of the Toronto Maple Leafs as well
A fan of the USF Bulls
Canadian_kid16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Anyone know how long this book will be? im too lazy to look it up. I hope its pretty long. i finished the last one in like 2 days.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:12 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Voldemort and Malfoy die in book 7 and Harry almost dies but lives to please the kids. My prediction anyway.