Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 11-27-2007, 04:12 AM    (permalink
Jericho@SC
Rookie

Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.
Default Brice Butler/Michael Floyd Youtube Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOGgtGNqFVE

Short vid compares USC Commit Brice Butler to ND commit Michael Floyd.

After watching this, it seems not only that Butler is a considerably better prospect than Floyd, but that Floyd is SLOW AS HELL.

P.S. The video says Butler runs a 4.37, which I don't necessarily think is true, but he's definitely fast enough and has good enough hands to start at USC by at least his sophomore year.
Jericho@SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 04:45 PM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

gstock05 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Devier Posey > either of them.

Although I really like Butler. Floyd reminds me of Mike Williams a bit. He has those long loping strides, but has great size.
gstock05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstock05 View Post

Although I really like Butler. Floyd reminds me of Mike Williams a bit. He has those long loping strides, but has great size.
Julio Jones > Devier Posey
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 04:48 PM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Julio Jones > Devier Posey
Wont disagree there.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:55 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

watch out for D.J. Shoemate, he's having a nice year down here. I can't compare him to the other guys thuogh cuz i don't follow recruiting.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Jericho@SC
Rookie

Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.Jericho@SC is a cocksman.

Quote:

Everybody that is 6'4 is compared to Mike Wililams nowadays. But the truth is, Williams was a special breed of physical. He would absolutely run cornerbacks over.

USC has a 6'4 230 WR in David Ausberry. He too was being compared to Mike Williams in the summer workouts. But he really can't break tackles and box out defenders like Williams could. Most 6'4 230 receivers can't either. The jury is definitely still out on Floyd.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
watch out for D.J. Shoemate, he's having a nice year down here. I can't compare him to the other guys thuogh cuz i don't follow recruiting.
He's listed as an athlete. Will he be a wideout in college?
Old 11-27-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i wonder what floyd timed in the 40
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
i wonder what floyd timed in the 40
I could be wrong, but I think he's around a 4.55
Old 11-27-2007, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Axl Rose
Rookie

Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.

Floyd>Butler

Floyd is bigger, stronger, better vertical, better hands, better blocker, better at breaking tackles, ect.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rose View Post
Floyd>Butler

Floyd is bigger, stronger, better vertical, better hands, better blocker, better at breaking tackles, ect.
Wow shockingly Axl picks the ND commit over the SC commit... FWIW, I like Floyd a lot, he just needs some wheels.

By the way Axl, was it you that said Duval Kamara would be a better WR than Arrelious Benn?

Last edited by Sniper : 11-27-2007 at 08:12 PM.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
RonnieRun23
Rookie

RonnieRun23 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Julio Jones>Aldarius Johnson>>>AJ Green>everyone else
RonnieRun23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Axl Rose
Rookie

Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.Axl Rose is a cocksman.

Quote:
Wow shockingly Axl picks the ND commit over the SC commit... FWIW, I like Floyd a lot, he just needs some wheels.

By the way Axl, was it you that said Duval Kamara would be a better WR than Arrelious Benn?
Even if Floyd wasn't going to ND I would have picked him, I've been following his career since he was a sophomore and like what he has to offer. If I thought Butler was better or someone said a certain recruit was better then a ND recruit and I agreed I wouldn't even respond.

Yes, I said I think Kamara will end up being a better WR then Benn. It was after a Illinois fan here said Benn was the best freshmen receiver in the nation even before the season started. I still believe it.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:57 AM    (permalink
DWilliams2IndyColts
Veteran

DWilliams2IndyColts hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DWilliams2IndyColts hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Even if Floyd wasn't going to ND I would have picked him, I've been following his career since he was a sophomore and like what he has to offer. If I thought Butler was better or someone said a certain recruit was better then a ND recruit and I agreed I wouldn't even respond.

Yes, I said I think Kamara will end up being a better WR then Benn. It was after a Illinois fan here said Benn was the best freshmen receiver in the nation even before the season started. I still believe it.
But would your opinion be the same if Butler wasn't going to SC? And Benn is the best True Freshman receiver in the country.

Michael "Franchise" Young QB Akron Zepplins #10
164/281, 58.4% 1956 yards, 10 TD/8 INT
50 rushes, 321 yards, 4 TD, 6.4 YPC
Record: 7-3
DWilliams2IndyColts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 01:03 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's listed as an athlete. Will he be a wideout in college?
yeah, im pretty sure he's going to play wideout. I know he plays on D too down at servite but I think wideout is his natural position.

If pete wanted to he could use him as a multi-purpose but that's not pete's style and joe's got that down.

if anyone knows more about him you can correct me if I'm wrong.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 01:53 AM    (permalink
Axl Rose
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWilliams2IndyColts View Post
But would your opinion be the same if Butler wasn't going to SC? And Benn is the best True Freshman receiver in the country.
Yes, I said it before when everyone thought he was thought to be a FSU commit. Floyd was the receiver I wanted most this year.

I guess we'll see, I like what I see from Kamara and stand by my opinion.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:06 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Yes, I said it before when everyone thought he was thought to be a FSU commit. Floyd was the receiver I wanted most this year.

I guess we'll see, I like what I see from Kamara and stand by my opinion.
You would take Floyd ahead of Julio Jones?????????? Surprising...

Just a quick Benn/Kamara comparison...

Kamara: 32 catches, 357 yards, 11.2 ypc, 4 TD
Benn: 49 catches, 596 yards, 12.2 ypc, 1 TD, 32 rushes, 158 yards, 4.9 ypc (Big 10 Freshman of the Year)

I'd say round 1 goes to Benn, but it should be a good battle.
Old 11-28-2007, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Axl Rose
Rookie

Quote:
You would take Floyd ahead of Julio Jones?????????? Surprising...

Just a quick Benn/Kamara comparison...

Kamara: 32 catches, 357 yards, 11.2 ypc, 4 TD
Benn: 49 catches, 596 yards, 12.2 ypc, 1 TD, 32 rushes, 158 yards, 4.9 ypc (Big 10 Freshman of the Year)

I'd say round 1 goes to Benn, but it should be a good battle.
I never seen Jones, ND was never in it for him so I never really paid attention to him. Floyd may not be the highest rated WR but the one I want cause hes the whole package IMO and fits ND well.

4 TD's to 1 TD, thats the most important of all the stats IMO.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
I never seen Jones, ND was never in it for him so I never really paid attention to him. Floyd may not be the highest rated WR but the one I want cause hes the whole package IMO and fits ND well.

4 TD's to 1 TD, thats the most important of all the stats IMO.
Considering Kamara got his TDs against Navy (2), Duke and Purdue, I wouldn't put too much stock into that
Old 11-28-2007, 10:18 PM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

Also consider what Kamara has to work with around him.

Comparing player's ability this early in their career is useless.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:55 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also consider what Kamara has to work with around him.

Comparing player's ability this early in their career is useless.
Seriously. The supporting cast he had this year was pitiful. I still like Benn more, though.

Can someone at all tell me how Butler looked considerably better in that clip? He certainly looked faster, but faster does not equal better. Floyd was able to use his quickness and size to win one-on-one battles, much like Butler used his speed.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Jericho@SC
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Seriously. The supporting cast he had this year was pitiful. I still like Benn more, though.

Can someone at all tell me how Butler looked considerably better in that clip? He certainly looked faster, but faster does not equal better. Floyd was able to use his quickness and size to win one-on-one battles, much like Butler used his speed.
Butler is faster and has better hands, arguably the two most important characteristics of a WR. I'd argue that Butler runs better routes also. Basically, he's more polished than Floyd, and the only thing Floyd has on him is size/strength.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:15 PM    (permalink
JayP
Rookie

JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JayP wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho@SC View Post
Butler is faster and has better hands, arguably the two most important characteristics of a WR. I'd argue that Butler runs better routes also. Basically, he's more polished than Floyd, and the only thing Floyd has on him is size/strength.
And yet, Scout and Rivals rank Floyd ahead of Butler.

Any argument you try to make on hands and route running ability would imply you've seen every game that both Butler and Floyd have made over their entire HS career to make that type of comparison.
JayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 08:29 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho@SC View Post
I absolutely do not see anything in that video to show that Butler has better hands or runs better routes. In the video, Butler runs faster, but Floyd is able to make huge plays because of his shiftiness.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Jericho@SC
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
I absolutely do not see anything in that video to show that Butler has better hands or runs better routes. In the video, Butler runs faster, but Floyd is able to make huge plays because of his shiftiness.
http://rivals100.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=692630

Brice Butler is a unanimous selection among Mike Farrell, JC Shurburtt, and Jeremy Crabtree as having the best hands.

Jeremy Crabtree: "Butler is also an excellent route runner."

I may not have seen EVERY video of Brice Butler, but the Rivals experts have seen a bunch of film on him.

And Floyd may have looked good on that film, but how do you know it wasn't because of the weak competition he was playing against?

Butler is widely regarded by recruiting experts as having some of the best hands in this year's class. And you can't argue that his 40 times are faster than Floyd's 40 times. Like I said, speed and hands.