Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-27-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default How much do you tip at Restaraunts?

I usually try to tip around 15-20%. I always tend to round up though. For example, a month or so back when i went to a steak place, i got a bill that was $20.16- i paid $25. And a couple of weeks ago i got a bill that was $57.12 (treating my friend)- i paid $70. I try not to round down and stay in the 15-20 % range.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
BucSappy
Veteran

BucSappy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Depends on the service. Usually 10-15%. If I'm on a date 20% so I don't look cheap if my girl notices the check.
BucSappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

15-20% usually like to round things off to even numbers of dollars

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always tip 20% if service was good, but 20% of total bill after tax if service is great. I've only tipped below 15% once and that was when the waiter was just a ****. Waiters make nothing for crap work, so they deserve a lot of tip.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Remember the opening scene for Reservoir Dogs?
Old 11-27-2007, 09:32 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Usually 17%-20%. It depends though. I always round up as well.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:34 PM    (permalink
rocco31fb
Veteran

rocco31fb hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Reference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwqta...eature=related

Thanks eaglez.fan
rocco31fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco31fb View Post
Purely awesome.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 11-27-2007, 09:40 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

20% usually.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Purely awesome.
If I remember correctly, the old man goes on to own Mr. Pink in the next 30 seconds after the clip ends.

15% of the next rounded dollar amount + whatever makes it semi-rounded out. (ie a 12.68 bill gets a $1.95, which means I'd give 14.75).

Last edited by ny10804 : 11-27-2007 at 09:45 PM.
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
If I remember correctly, the old man goes on to own Mr. Pink in the next 30 seconds after the clip ends.
He does and that is the cool part.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 11-27-2007, 09:44 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

12-15% for good service depending if they do a lot. But if you make sure my glass of coke is full you get 20%+

I do the rounding thing too though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im a 20% guy
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
12-15% for good service depending if they do a lot. But if you make sure my glass of coke is full you get 20%+

I do the rounding thing too though.
12-15%? jew
Old 11-27-2007, 09:45 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Most occasions i'll just leave the change, if the waiter was acting like a jerk i'll take it. Tipping just isn't customary in Australia and i am so thankful for it, the whole process just seems plain awkward.
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Usually around 20%.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I work at Ruby Tuesday's. The tips I usually get are between 15-20%. It sucks. We make less then minimum wage because it's a tip position. I make $4.50/hr.

I used to work ToGo, thats also a tip position, but people don't realize that, they just assume it's like McDonald's, so i made crappy tips there.

To date, I haven't gotten any complaints with customers, so I would say I'm pretty good at what I do.

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChess View Post
im a 20% guy
yea me 2 im not a cheap skate, only pimps tip 20%+

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:47 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

20%. It's kinder and it's easy to calculate.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
He does and that is the cool part.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NcjPxkv7vA
Old 11-27-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
BucSappy
Veteran

BucSappy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGibril28 View Post
I work at Ruby Tuesday's. The tips I usually get are between 15-20%. It sucks. We make less then minimum wage because it's a tip position. I make $4.50/hr.
Why do you still work there again?
BucSappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucSappy View Post
Why do you still work there again?
It's the best place for me because of my schedule. I still make good money, just occasionally there will be days that just suck. Normally i make about $40-$50 a day at lunch, and when i work weekends $100

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hahaha the minimum wage in America ******* sucks. The minimum wage in Ontario is $8/hour, and they will probably raise it sometime soon. Also DChess, thats a pretty racy comment, I dont think most could get away with that.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChess View Post
12-15%? jew
I hate you.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 11-27-2007, 10:02 PM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

Quote:
I hate you.
dont care, you're an idiot, i can live with myself if you hate me