Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-27-2007, 11:06 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

15% on the dot
i use my phone to calculate the exact change.... weird

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 11:07 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i usually just times the tax by 2. It works out most of the time.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 11:09 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I usually tip very well if the waiter/waitress is a good one. Probably 20%, but if I dont like them probably around 10-12. But I am a nice guy, so usually between 15-20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 11:12 PM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I always go out with a group of friends and throw 2 dollars onto the table and let everybody else sort out what they want to do.
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 11:15 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I take out my cellphone and calculate the exact 15%. Then I match it as close as possible. How awesome is that?

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Waiters make nothing for crap work, so they deserve a lot of tip.
Crap work? ... As a culinary professional and Chef I can assure you being a waiter is one of the EASIEST jobs vs. income around.

Waiters/waitress' at nice places make a LOT of money and do you know what they do? They set tables, smile, say a few words and carry plates. OH and dinner is typically provided, free.

I don't mean to make it sound simple but frankly.. it is. Any fairly attractive, charismatic person can do very well as a server... education matters zilch. And the money is good.

At a decent place they'll make $20 or so per table while making $7-8 an hour. Figuring an average of 6 tables a night (which is obscenely easy to deal with) and 5 8 hour shift that's over $31,000/year for a job that requires no particular skills, training, education, etc.

Plus, guess what..? Cooks rarely get paid significantly more, BASE, than servers.. and we don't get tips.. even though the food is the most important part of the experience.

I love servers, they're part of the dining scene and essential to it.. but please don't mistake them as having a hard break.

At a diner or some crappy place, maybe sorta, but at a fairly decent restaurant or club it's a cakewalk.

If you ever want to make easy money and are fairly attractive and charismatic, go apply for a waiting job at a country club. I work at one now as the lead cook/pseudo-chef and it destroys me how much money uneducated, pretty stupid people make on some nights. For holidays and events, which are a common occurence, they often pull in over $200 from tips alone. And these are people that didn't go to college. Don't have any skills. Aren't smart. Hell, they really aren't attractive or charismatic either (save one? and she makes crazy cash.)

...Sorry, got off subject!

I tip 20% for good waiting, 10% if it wasn't very good and nothing if they really mess up. After all, it's a tip... don't tip if they don't earn it.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 11:29 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Depends on the service, tax is 6% here so I usually go 18 if it's good, 12 if it's bad. Usually round off too.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 11:30 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Crap work? ... As a culinary professional and Chef I can assure you being a waiter is one of the EASIEST jobs vs. income around.

Waiters/waitress' at nice places make a LOT of money and do you know what they do? They set tables, smile, say a few words and carry plates. OH and dinner is typically provided, free.

I don't mean to make it sound simple but frankly.. it is. Any fairly attractive, charismatic person can do very well as a server... education matters zilch. And the money is good.

At a decent place they'll make $20 or so per table while making $7-8 an hour. Figuring an average of 6 tables a night (which is obscenely easy to deal with) and 5 8 hour shift that's over $31,000/year for a job that requires no particular skills, training, education, etc.

Plus, guess what..? Cooks rarely get paid significantly more, BASE, than servers.. and we don't get tips.. even though the food is the most important part of the experience.

I love servers, they're part of the dining scene and essential to it.. but please don't mistake them as having a hard break.

At a diner or some crappy place, maybe sorta, but at a fairly decent restaurant or club it's a cakewalk.

If you ever want to make easy money and are fairly attractive and charismatic, go apply for a waiting job at a country club. I work at one now as the lead cook/pseudo-chef and it destroys me how much money uneducated, pretty stupid people make on some nights. For holidays and events, which are a common occurence, they often pull in over $200 from tips alone. And these are people that didn't go to college. Don't have any skills. Aren't smart. Hell, they really aren't attractive or charismatic either (save one? and she makes crazy cash.)

I tip 20% for good waiting, 10% if it wasn't very good and nothing if they really mess up. After all, it's a tip... don't tip if they don't earn it.
At Ruby Tuesday's 10% of all your tips go into a tip pool. That pool is distributed evenly amongst hostesses and the cooks.

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
hahaha the minimum wage in America ******* sucks. The minimum wage in Ontario is $8/hour, and they will probably raise it sometime soon. Also DChess, thats a pretty racy comment, I dont think most could get away with that.
Yes sir! I never worked for under $10/hour. I see people in the states talking about finding a great job making 6.5/hour. Not only is our minimum wage higher, but our money is worth more as well. Hot dam!
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 11:53 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im usually kind of reluctant to give tips to servers because I cook at Penn Station (it's a sub place originated in cincy) and it can be a rly hectic job cookin upwards of 500 dollars worth of subs in an hour. i realize it doesnt sound like a difficult job but when you have to cook that many sandwiches its actually a pretty hard job. that said its 15% unless youre overly nice.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGibril28 View Post
I work at Ruby Tuesday's. The tips I usually get are between 15-20%. It sucks. We make less then minimum wage because it's a tip position. I make $4.50/hr.

I used to work ToGo, thats also a tip position, but people don't realize that, they just assume it's like McDonald's, so i made crappy tips there.

To date, I haven't gotten any complaints with customers, so I would say I'm pretty good at what I do.
In Texas, the standard is $2.16 an hour, so I don't want to hear you crying about $4.50. I make $4.50 because I busted my ass and became a lead server. Also, all you people who tip minimum 20%, please feel free to stop by my job any time. Also, to the cook, when you guys are screwing up, it costs us money. That's right, when a cook messes up on his job (where he makes much more than HALF of minimum wage), it affects MY tip. So go cry to someone else about how easy our job is. We depend on the kindness of strangers, which is a terrible premise to make a living. We're beggars with uniforms.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 12:04 AM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
In Texas, the standard is $2.16 an hour, so I don't want to hear you crying about $4.50.
Sorry I didn't do my research on hourly wages of restaurant servers across the country. Next time I will be sure to do so.

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
Old 11-28-2007, 12:08 AM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
In Texas, the standard is $2.16 an hour, so I don't want to hear you crying about $4.50. I make $4.50 because I busted my ass and became a lead server. Also, all you people who tip minimum 20%, please feel free to stop by my job any time. Also, to the cook, when you guys are screwing up, it costs us money. That's right, when a cook messes up on his job (where he makes much more than HALF of minimum wage), it affects MY tip. So go cry to someone else about how easy our job is. We depend on the kindness of strangers, which is a terrible premise to make a living. We're beggars with uniforms.
Wow, i didn't realise wage conditions in the US were like that, that's pretty horrible really

I earn $14 an hour as a 19 year old trainee financial adviser, and i feel like i'm getting screwed because most of my friends who work in bars and the like earn from 16 to 30 an hour, and that's without any formal training or even experience

Last edited by 7-11 : 11-28-2007 at 12:11 AM.
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 12:10 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have wondered what is the difference between a waiter at a cheeper restaurant and one at an expensive place? They do the exact same thing but yet the waiter at the more expensive place gets a much higher tip because of the higher prices. It's blasphemy
Old 11-28-2007, 12:11 AM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
I have wondered what is the difference between a waiter at a cheeper restaurant and one at an expensive place? They do the same thing but yet the waiter at the more expensive place gets a much higher tip. It's blasphemy
It's because of the people who go to the more expensive restaurants. They have the money to burn, so they can afford to give better tips.

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
Old 11-28-2007, 12:11 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpigskin View Post
15% on the dot
Pssh, cell phones? You guys need a Wizard.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 12:16 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am cheap by the way. I would rather go to Fuddruckers or Ci Ci's and get my own food than pay a tip.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:16 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpigskin View Post
15% on the dot
Whoa! I totally did not see this post before I sent mine. Sorry to copy your ideas.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-28-2007, 12:23 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
I have wondered what is the difference between a waiter at a cheeper restaurant and one at an expensive place? They do the exact same thing but yet the waiter at the more expensive place gets a much higher tip because of the higher prices. It's blasphemy
Well, I went to Ruth Chris' Steakhouse after a football championships last year and the final bill came to $2300, and the man who paid left a $500 tip. But no doubt, the higher class ther restaurant, then the more tips you will get.

Classier restaurant=Rich customers=higher tips.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 12:28 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I am cheap by the way. I would rather go to Fuddruckers or Ci Ci's and get my own food than pay a tip.
When I'm at Cheesecake Factory I line up to buy my cheesecake after the meal instead of ordering it sitting down. It saves the tip!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-28-2007, 12:28 AM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-11 View Post
Wow, i didn't realise wage conditions in the US were like that, that's pretty horrible really

I earn $14 an hour as a 19 year old trainee financial adviser, and i feel like i'm getting screwed because most of my friends who work in bars and the like earn from 16 to 30 an hour, and that's without any formal training or even experience
Its not our minimum wage. our minimum wage for non-tipping jobs is currently 6.50 i believe. Because they make tips, restaurants are allowed to pay their wait staff at levels below minimum wage because the difference will be more than made up in tips. And no, there are no decent jobs that pay 6.50 around here. McDonalds pays that.

And $14 an hour isn't a good wage amount at all for a financial advisor position. For a job like that one would assume a salary amount with the rest made up in terms of commission.

And if we're talking about good money, with no skills needed. Work in a bar at a college campus. Friends of mine made around $400/night on Thursday-Saturday, and on gameday Saturdays they could rake in $600. Granted the hours suck.
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 12:36 AM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjo672 View Post
Its not our minimum wage. our minimum wage for non-tipping jobs is currently 6.50 i believe. Because they make tips, restaurants are allowed to pay their wait staff at levels below minimum wage because the difference will be more than made up in tips. And no, there are no decent jobs that pay 6.50 around here. McDonalds pays that.

And $14 an hour isn't a good wage amount at all for a financial advisor position. For a job like that one would assume a salary amount with the rest made up in terms of commission.

And if we're talking about good money, with no skills needed. Work in a bar at a college campus. Friends of mine made around $400/night on Thursday-Saturday, and on gameday Saturdays they could rake in $600. Granted the hours suck.
I know it's not good, it's absolutely terrible, i get **** off my mates all the time about how little i earn. But the job market in the financial sector here pretty much demands on the job experience before you finish your university degree, hence the need to get screwed over for a couple of years to cash in later. Anyway the wage dramatically increases when i turn 20, and 21 and so on, by the time i'm fully qualified (5 years from now, including 12 months travelling that they are giving me off) if i stay with the firm i'm with now ill be earning roughly a 6 figure salary so i'm not really complaining that hard
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 01:30 AM    (permalink
Solomon
Veteran

Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.Solomon could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I've worked at a tourist trap restaurent (affordable family dining) and now work at a fine dining lounge and restaurent. At cheaper restaurents the service standards are far lower, most servers don't know every ingredient that goes into every app, main or desert (heck they probably don't know a quarter), they won't fill up your water or drinks wordlessly and efficiently, and they probably make mistakes every few tables. At the higher end restaurent I have to know every ingredient in every meal, know the wine list (more than 70 wines) completely, know a drink list of more than 50 drinks by memory, and be able to suggest wine pairings for everything on the menu. I have to be on top of every table because the fine dining industry isn't about turnover rate it's about providing a dining experience (i.e quality over quantity). Any mistakes even the slightest (i.e taking out food to a table that's been prepped wrong in the kitchen) are liable to have consequences from your superiors. Most servers I've seen/worked with at cheaper restaurents wouldn't be able to handle a higher end restaurent with different standards.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:48 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post

It isn't a hard job, but it is a ****** job. When you work in food service, people treat you like you are beneath them. The servers deserve every penny. People who go out to eat are often the most condescending pieces of **** you will ever meet. Especially at nice places.

I tip 15% for bad service, 20% for decent, and 25% for good. What can I say, I know how a 25% tip always brightened my day. The only time I tip less than 15% is if they are rude, or ignore me. There have probably only been 3 times in the past 4 years I have tipped less than 15%, and one of those I tipped nothing, he took 20 minutes to get our drinks, another 20 to take our order, and someone else brought our food out.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:51 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjo672 View Post

But you always get invited to all the after parties. Plus, easy access to any drug you want(if you are into that.) I really want to get a bartending job, but being around alcohol and having access to cheap alcohol that much will be very, very bad for me.