Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-28-2007, 01:54 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

im cheap only 10% and if the meal is not more then $20 i say forgot it
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 02:26 AM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Pssh, cell phones? You guys need a Wizard.
ah i only have a Willard. I usually tip 10-20% depending on the service. luckily here in CT minimum wage is 7.65 i think or maybe a little higher, cant remember right now.

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 02:37 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I go from 10-20% depending on service and if it round up to a whole number.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 04:32 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChess View Post
12-15%? jew
i really didnt think it was that low. if its good service its probably gonna be 15-20%. if its just average service than 12-15 seems fair enough.

Quote:
hahahaha it does other things.

EDIT: heres one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 06:58 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
"There's no sevens on these wizards!"

"I'm ruined!"

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 07:06 AM    (permalink
BucSappy
Veteran

BucSappy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
Well, I went to Ruth Chris' Steakhouse after a football championships last year and the final bill came to $2300, and the man who paid left a $500 tip. But no doubt, the higher class ther restaurant, then the more tips you will get.

Classier restaurant=Rich customers=higher tips.
= better service
BucSappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 09:16 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

I always tip between 40 and 45%, and if the bill is 25 or less I give a 70 or 80% tip. I have always been very generous when it comes to tipping. I just put myself in their place and would hope that people would give me good tips if I had the same job as them. With bartenders im the same way. If I go into my corner bar and put like 40 down and im there for awhile and he takes care of me and after like 2 hours I still have 20. I just give him the 20. I hate cheap people with a passion so maybe the big tip that I give makes up for no tip or very little tip someone else gives.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 09:37 AM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
I always tip between 40 and 45%, and if the bill is 25 or less I give a 70 or 80% tip. I have always been very generous when it comes to tipping. I just put myself in their place and would hope that people would give me good tips if I had the same job as them. With bartenders im the same way. If I go into my corner bar and put like 40 down and im there for awhile and he takes care of me and after like 2 hours I still have 20. I just give him the 20. I hate cheap people with a passion so maybe the big tip that I give makes up for no tip or very little tip someone else gives.
Go to Ruby Tuesday's in Vero Beach.

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 09:47 AM    (permalink
BucSappy
Veteran

RyanLeaf#1 has rich parents. :D
Old 11-28-2007, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably not enough.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:37 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucSappy View Post
RyanLeaf#1 has rich parents. :D
Im not rich at all. I kind of struggle to get by week by week sometimes. I think thats the reason I tip more. Because them people are probably in the same boat I am and I feel like im helping them out when I tip them good and I dont know it kind of feels good to think im helping someone.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 11-28-2007, 10:37 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGibril28 View Post
Go to Ruby Tuesday's in Vero Beach.
Is it good there? And where is Vero Beach?

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 11-28-2007, 10:38 AM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
Is it good there? And where is Vero Beach?
Haha, it's one of the nicer Ruby Tuesday's in the country, It doesn't have that sports bar feel at all like most of them have. Vero Beach is on the east coast of Florida.

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 10:42 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
Haha, it's one of the nicer Ruby Tuesday's in the country, It doesn't have that sports bar feel at all like most of them have. Vero Beach is on the east coast of Florida.
Well I live in Philly, but its funny you mention Florida. I stayed home from work today and im watching my Miami Vice DVDs.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 11-28-2007, 11:22 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How would you know it's one of the best in the country?

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 12:01 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

tipping is a science for me.

-first, it depends on the restaraunt. If i'm at a Japaneese Hibachi place or The Melting Pot (i think it's a chain...fondue place) where the servers are a big part of the experience, i will not be shy about exceeding 20%.

-in a normal restaraunt, i have a tiered approach.
good service = 20%
mediocre service = 15% depending on where it rounds to.
bad service = i just round up to the next dollar. may sound prickish, but i go out to eat to have good food and enjoy myself. if i have to spend my time hunting down a server because i need a refill, or my order is wrong, or i need anything, it is not enjoyable, and i'm not gonna pay above and beyond what i already paid for my meal if my experience is ruined in any way.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 12:08 PM    (permalink
BucSappy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
tipping is a science for me.

-first, it depends on the restaraunt. If i'm at a Japaneese Hibachi place or The Melting Pot (i think it's a chain...fondue place) where the servers are a big part of the experience, i will not be shy about exceeding 20%.

-in a normal restaraunt, i have a tiered approach.
good service = 20%
mediocre service = 15% depending on where it rounds to.
bad service = i just round up to the next dollar. may sound prickish, but i go out to eat to have good food and enjoy myself. if i have to spend my time hunting down a server because i need a refill, or my order is wrong, or i need anything, it is not enjoyable, and i'm not gonna pay above and beyond what i already paid for my meal if my experience is ruined in any way.
I agree with this but unless the waiter/waitress is rude I tip minimum $2+rounded up. If he/she is rude then I tip $0.01.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm usually a good tipper unless I get a bad waiter/waitress. I stiffed one at Outback after she was a complete biotch. But I usually go 20-25% actually if they're good.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I think the guy was lazy and rude, .02 cents. I'm not kidding.

If he just does his job and doesn't bother or anything, 10%

If he is a very very cool guy, 20%
Old 11-28-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm amazed at how many people give normal, average service only 10%. Everywhere in the US I have lived 15% is customary for average service.

I am just making a guess here, but I would be willing to bet a lot of money the people who only tip 10% or less have never worked in the food service industry.

Edit: Wow, that typo made my post make absolutely no sense.

Last edited by someone447 : 11-28-2007 at 06:17 PM.
someone447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Usually around 20% up to 50$ and 15% for over.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Funny thing. If you pay using a credit card and have to write down the tip. In the little section for the tip amount my friend wrote "bring food quicker".
Old 11-28-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I only tip if they deserve it, and if they do then its like 20 percent. if they don't deserve its nothing. Like Pizza, if they take forever to deliver or act like jackasses, i give them exact change.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:13 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Funny thing. If you pay using a credit card and have to write down the tip. In the little section for the tip amount my friend wrote "bring food quicker".
hahahahah one time my friend delivered a pizza he worked at a local pizza shop and i payed with a credit card and i wrote as his tip "asshole ate the pizza"

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I work at Olive Garden make 2.13 hourly and average $20/hr (after taxes) on a good night and $10/hr(after taxes) on a slow night.

I am 20 going to school and just making extra spending money. I tip purely based on the servers attitude and service which they can control. I notice the other tables they have and how they are treating them. If one is obviously being a pain in the ass I will take this into account. If food is slow so what... thats not 100% in his control... in your in a huge hurry and food has to be out ASAP let him know this and he/she (should) be able to give u idea of things that take the shortest amount of time to cook.

How fast the food comes out does not indicate bad service it indicates a slow kitchen.

Being friendly funny and not an ass hole
Most importantly taking care of my needs in a reasonable fashion and NOT STEREOTYPING... I get this a lot.. college kid = zero money = no tip

My favorite excuse for tipping under 10% is i only give God 10% why should i give you more...

generally I will tip 30-40% for average service
I generally give my friends in the service industry 50-60%
I never leave nothing because the server does have to give money to other employees at the restaurant and I never want to cost a person money. So the lowest i have ever left is 3% accounting that he gives 1.5% of his sales to buss and 1.5% to the bar.

EDIT Hot Chicks always get more
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote