Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-29-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Car Accidents

Has anyone ever seen one? I saw a nasty one today, and it freaked me out. I drove like 15 in a 45 after I saw it.

A truck tried turning before another car passed through the intersection, and the car clipped the back end of the truck, and flipped in the air, landing upside down in the middle of the street. I wasn't watching the truck at that point but when I looked back it was smashed against the guardrail. I was about 1/4 mile behind so I had plenty of time to slow down. The guy in the car crawled out, it's amazing he was okay. Guy in the truck did too, and they argued with eachother. I ended up being late for work because I stayed and waited for the police, 'cause I saw everything.

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 05:48 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never seen a bad car accident in person but I have seen a guy on a bicycle get hit by a car. The dude flipped up onto the hood and cracked the windshield before rolling over the car and onto the street. he almost got ran over by a truck after that too.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been in 3 car accidents, all when I was a kid. 2 of which weren't that bad, and another one where it was scary as ****. When I came to in the latter, I saw nothing but blood on the windshield(my mom driving and sister in passenger seat, I was in the back with 2 of my cousins), and heard cries from everyone in the car. Really traumatic for a 11 year old. I pretty much came out uninjured besides a deeply bruised leg. Not fun
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Freddy G
Veteran

Freddy G hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

When i was on the school bus in middle school we were involved in one, that was kind of scary.

I also saw a chick try and dodge one wreck by driving across the median up an embankment and into a wall, which is really odd when you think about it.

Anyway, i always get that quizy feeling in my legs/stomach and that cold sweat. When i see/drive by an accident.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone did an illegal U-turn and the car behind them slammed on their brakes. I rear-ended the car (a Ford Expedition) that hit their brakes. Insurance company and police said I wasn't at fault.

Result:

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 06:07 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy G View Post
When i was on the school bus in middle school we were involved in one, that was kind of scary.

I also saw a chick try and dodge one wreck by driving across the median up an embankment and into a wall, which is really odd when you think about it.

Anyway, i always get that quizy feeling in my legs/stomach and that cold sweat. When i see/drive by an accident.
That's what happened to me. I didn't want to drive anymore.

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 06:09 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My mom was in a bad one when I still was in the woom, it was not good. Then, I was in the car in another one, that wasn't too bad, some dumb ***** ran a red light and then tried to blame it on my mom. Some people shouldn't have liscenses.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not really an accident but I recently had to do Humvee Rollover evacuation training for my deployment. It's actually a lot more fun than it sounds. I bet a real rollover sucks though
Old 11-29-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
My mom was in a bad one when I still was in the woom, it was not good. Then, I was in the car in another one, that wasn't too bad, some dumb ***** ran a red light and then tried to blame it on my mom. Some people shouldn't have liscenses.
Sounds like your mom is one of those people
Old 11-29-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

a deer jumped on my hood yesterday............

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....
vatech=accdomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Sounds like your mom is one of those people
No, neither of them one was her fault. Not her fault some ***** doesn't know the difference between red and green. And a truck doesn't know it should not be on a street that has yellow street signs.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
No, neither of them one was her fault. Not her fault some ***** doesn't know the difference between red and green. And a truck doesn't know it should not be on a street that has yellow street signs.
I'm just kidding.
Old 11-29-2007, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When I was in elementary school, i was getting a ride home, when a Ford Explorer went up into the air and flipped about 2 or 3 times, landing on the roof. I didn't see how it happen, but I saw it in the air then fall.

I was in one 'accident' once with my mom coming back from a Bills TC. A tire from an Asian bus company came off and shot across the thruway, and if we swerved to avoid it, we would've run into the traffic around us. So we ran over the tire. The front of the van got pretty smashed up, and everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 07:16 PM    (permalink
JAlexander

People drive like savages, no respect for anyone. They don't understand how dangerous cars are. I saw two punk kids racing on the highway yesterday, they were both going about 90. I hate, hate, hate, hate people who speed or drive recklessly. I can understand normal accidents involving turns or changing lanes, sometimes people make mistakes and thats fine. But the people who drive dangerously, damn them.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:04 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAlexander View Post
People drive like savages, no respect for anyone. They don't understand how dangerous cars are. I saw two punk kids racing on the highway yesterday, they were both going about 90. I hate, hate, hate, hate people who speed or drive recklessly. I can understand normal accidents involving turns or changing lanes, sometimes people make mistakes and thats fine. But the people who drive dangerously, damn them.
GET OUT OF MY WAY.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

me being a police officer in a city that has a major highway that runs through it (Gainesville and I-75)...I've seen more accidents that I ever intended to...I've seen accidents that involved upwards of 8 cars....I've also seen 4 traffic homicides...one that was very gruesome and I had actually had very bad nightmares and flashbacks...it's very disturbing....
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got hit by a mailtruck on a sidestreet the first day I had my truck. I was following another car when the mail truck made a right turn right into my back passenger side. 6 months earlier, my dad and I got rear ended by fat, bella ***** and on our way to Pittsburgh, my mom and I got rear ended on the interstate. One time, I saw a car lose control and skid across the parkway, into the median, over the rail, and then rolled.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When i was like 6, I was at my uncles and he lives near the highway and somehow this older lady drove her car right into the tree. She came out bloody but thats all i know.

Then I once I was on my way towards buffalo and just saw the aftermath of an fatal accident. A deer jumped out on someone and the swurved into a oncoming lane. But I didnt see anything other than the car.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

lol i got a good one. My brother fell asleep driving our Ford Ranger, and he hit railing, rolled over the inbankment and did 3 summersaults. the passanger side was smashed down and if someone was there they wouldve died, my brother however wasnt hurt, it seemed his side was fine, although he had some cuts from the glass from the back exploding. It was on the toll road going to Irvine, before the 405 and 5. The ranger was completly totalled including the motorcycle and quad in the back of it.
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 12:03 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

last year I was in a car that rolled three times on a backroad. rolled up the hill twice then rolled back down once. was pretty scary when it happened but i was actually laughing when it was all said and done. the driver(my best friend) was unscathed and I had a bunch of glass cuts on my hand but that was it. thank god for seatbelts.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 12:35 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I drove by one a few Halloweens back that was horrible. I didnt see it happen but when we got there it was probably one minute after the wreck. Some lady was on the phone freeking out while talking to the 911 operator. We thought it was one of those things were they put smashed up cars around to teach people what happens to drunk drivers because the cops werent even there. Thats when we found out it just happened within the last minute. The guy driving we think didnt see the red light and tried to swerve. He hit a light pole and the side of his head smashed through the drivers window. He was dead on impact. We checked for a pulse but got nothing. It was so freaky.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:06 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i've seen a few to varying degrees.

when my wife and i went to vote a year ago, the precinct was on a county road with one enterance..so cars were lined up, parked on the side of the road, making it very difficult for a car to see oncoming traffic when leaving the parking lot...so, a lady in a PT cruiser tried to pull out and got broad sided by an SUV going about 45. surprisingly, nobody was hurt, but the car that hit bounced across the road and hit a parked car, which jerked forward and hit another parked car, which hit another parked car. and the car that was hit did the exact same thing on the other side of the street. so, in a 2 car accident, 8 cars got damaged. when it was all over i wanted to just say "dude, that was f'ing awesome."

and, when i was a junior in college, i watched my housemates sister and her roomate (both were freshman, and by coincidence, I went to HS with the roomate) get in a car with 3 other girls i went to high school with, and leave our college house, and get hit by a train a block away. 2 of the girls died. my housemate's sister had minor neck injuries and her roomate was also ok-ish. but, damn, that will F you right up. it basically happened next to my house...and was my good friends sister that was driving...plus, when i went up to my parent's house for the weekend in the small town i grew up at, all anybody talked about was the 2 local girls that were killed when the went to visit a friend at college. the car was 4 girls from that town and the 1 girl that wasn't was the driver...and i knew her the best, as her bro was one of my closest friends...but the impression in my hometown, was, she was the evil driver responsible for it all. so, really, no matter where i went, i couldn't get away from it.

also, one time i hit a deer. that was just fun.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 10:56 AM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Same here. I was in a car that got hit by someone running a red. We were only driving like 60k though so it wasn't that bad. What really gets me mad about that is that the girl driving the other car came out after and tried to say we ran the red when it was completely obvious to us and the people who saw the accident that she ran the red.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 11:09 AM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When I was 5 years old I was waiting on my best friends door steps to come back from toy shopping for his older brothers birthday. I heard a loud screetching noise coming from the road that was up on a hill but still visible. One car was my friends car with him, his brother, his brothers best friend and their mom driving, and another was driven by a woman who thought the turn lane was another lane. The collided, but because this was in the late 80's, it was one of those Ford's that had safety issues with the gas tank. The car exploded, everyone in our neighborhood went rushing up there to help. Air med evacs had to come, there were ambulances and police everywhere. My dad actually received the key to the city because he broke the glass with his hand and pulled the older brother's best friend out of the fire (he had third degree burns all over his body and lost all of his fingers). The older brother died, my best friend had third degree burns on 90% of his body and the scarring never left, and the mom had third degree burns all over her arms. The only reason I didn't go toy shopping with them was because I was just getting over chicken pox and my mom didn't want me infecting the older brother right before his birthday.

Needless to say it sucks because on one hand you could say, wow, I'm lucky I got held back. But there is little doubt had I gone things would have been different, the timing would have been different, and they may have missed that collision. Its weird that 18 years later I still remember that event so vividly.
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 12:02 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
Same here. I was in a car that got hit by someone running a red. We were only driving like 60k though so it wasn't that bad. What really gets me mad about that is that the girl driving the other car came out after and tried to say we ran the red when it was completely obvious to us and the people who saw the accident that she ran the red.
Exact same thing with us, she ran the red, and then said we ran the red. There were no other cars around, but there were three people in our car to her one, so boom *****.