Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 12-02-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.
Default The JaMarcus Russell Debut

It looks like he will make his debut today against Denver.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

QB Depth Chart for the Game

1. Josh McCown

2. JaMarcus Russell

3. Andrew Walter

OUT-Daunte Culpepper
Old 12-02-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

kiffin will probably give him a very limited playbook. expect him to hand it off quite a bit also.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Josh will end up leaving this game, although the pinky may not effect his throws, it will def. pain him to no end on handoffs. Looks like Mortensen was partially right though.
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
davidq12

Fumbles early on. Not a great start
Old 12-02-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought overall it was good couple outings for Jamarcus pretty accurate, showed good poise for his debut.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

agreed. very poised and smart.

what do you guys think about mcquistan? i think he is a long term solution now.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno View Post
agreed. very poised and smart.

what do you guys think about mcquistan? i think he is a long term solution now.
Russell looked pretty good, he really zipped that first throw to Porter.

I like McQ as well, they have been running the ball very well to his side.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 08:41 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

One of the things I liked was that he didnt panic on that fumble snap.He didnt do the rookie mistake and try to pick it up and run with it just covered the ball.Another thing I liked was that he had a good feel in the pocket.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Russell. Not from what I saw, but what may be he future. I hope he does well for you guys.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 01:36 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

looked good until the fumbles

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 02:52 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
looked good until the fumbles
did you actually watch the game? How is a bad snap from center his fault? That shotgun fumble was all Newberry who had an awful day. The other fumble was just bad chemistry between Jamarcus and Lamont, had he been able to work with him more they could of probably avoided this by getting better timing down. Def. can't discount his performance on the account of others, he looked smart, collected and just overall has to be the biggest QB ever.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubNoize View Post
did you actually watch the game? How is a bad snap from center his fault? That shotgun fumble was all Newberry who had an awful day. The other fumble was just bad chemistry between Jamarcus and Lamont, had he been able to work with him more they could of probably avoided this by getting better timing down. Def. can't discount his performance on the account of others, he looked smart, collected and just overall has to be the biggest QB ever.
i know. i meant the momentum really changed when the fumbles happened because he was doing so well

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 10:45 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Any chance we will see him against the Packers sunday?

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 03:53 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a stud. I really like him. Showed great poise for a rookie. Great arm. Good accuracy. Can buy time with his feet.

Now its just time to surround him with weapons. I say, just forget about the defense. Just help him out offensively with an OL and WRs and whatnot. Sooner or later, you are bound to hit a star to pair with Russell.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 12-31-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
What a stud. I really like him. Showed great poise for a rookie. Great arm. Good accuracy. Can buy time with his feet.
Agreed. I loved what I saw from him yesterday -- just a glimpse of his future imo.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 05:01 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Agreed. I loved what I saw from him yesterday -- just a glimpse of his future imo.
The Raiders better get him a great supporting cast. Sacrifice a decent defense. This guy has the chance to be a top QB in the league.

I dont know why I find myself so excited about his future...

I wish he stayed for his senior year. He could have been a Falcon. :(