Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-19-2007, 11:29 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That team is so stacked its scary, so if Chargers go 8-8 or 9-7 with all that talent and fail to make the playoffs, Than what?
Old 02-19-2007, 11:31 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk
Sucks to be a 49ers and Chargers fan. Although he does run a similar offense to what SD had before.
Actually he created our offense, when he was our OC in 2001. I'm not happy about this signing; AJ just hired whoever wouldn't care that he brought in his old Buffalo buddy Ted Cottrell. It's an ego move.

Well, here's hoping that Norv won't get in the way of all the talent on this team.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:33 AM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN1984
That team is so stacked its scary, so if Chargers go 8-8 or 9-7 with all that talent and fail to make the playoffs, Than what?
He should hide in a corner cause all the fans are gonna beat on him.

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
sdpads24 is offline   Reply With Quote
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would be really sad to see this team with all this talent lose 5-6 games with a bad HC. He should be gone after one season if this team loses 5-6 games, and doesn't make the super bowl. Also, I'm wondering how this affects the growth of Alex Smith, who has a new OC for the first 3 years(?) of his career. He will have to learn a new offense all over again.
cgrsly57
Rookie

cgrsly57 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This is a bad move for the Chargers and Turner. Hes just a bad head coach plain and simple. Hes much better as a cordinator.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:35 AM    (permalink

this signing really sucks for 49er's and there fans. Norv really did a nice job with Alex Smith and that offense and for him to leave like that has gotta suck.
Thank God It wasn't Rex Ryan !!!
Old 02-19-2007, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Norv Turner will be in charge of a team that he won't have to rebuild...it's a well established team with a lot of talent. He'll have the best RB in the game and a good young QB to develop.

He will be more successful with the Chargers than with Oakland, but I'm not sure he is the man to lead them to a SB.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:38 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpads24
Quote:
Actually most of the "fans" will probably start being "fans" of another bandwaggon team. I never even knew the Chargers had fans untill about 3-4 years ago.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Quote:
Actually most of the "fans" will probably start being "fans" of another bandwaggon team. I never even knew the Chargers had fans untill about 3-4 years ago.
O Burn! :D
Old 02-19-2007, 11:43 AM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thats funny. I hear that a lot for some reason on this site. I guess there's nothing I can do about it.

RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
Old 02-19-2007, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is good news for Phillip Rivers.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
To be fair the team had Ryan Leaf. That guy could kill any team's fanbase for 5-6 years.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:49 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thats funny. I hear that a lot for some reason on this site. I guess there's nothing I can do about it.
can't imagine why...

oh wait, maybe because the chargers team thread was consistently one of the smallest before this year. or because there were basically no san diego posters on the NFL or O/T boards (the two most read boards here).
Old 02-19-2007, 11:53 AM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

So the Chargers let their two canidates leave for head coaching duties, then fire Marty Schottenheimer.........only to go on an to acquire Norv Turner as head coach and Ted Cottrell as defensive coordinator. Wow, what are they doing?? They are in shambles.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:57 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77
This is good news for Phillip Rivers.
and bad news for Alex Smith, but he will continue to grow

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

I hope SD blows this year.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:04 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

THis is a great day in the Raider Nation.

Old 02-19-2007, 12:09 PM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork

That's why I hate raider fans

RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
Old 02-19-2007, 12:13 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the worst hiring this offseason. I figured that his track record during his head coaching stints would prove that he's just not a good head coach. San Diego is again just going to waste all the talent they have on their team by not hiring a good, young coach like Rex Ryan, Mike Singletary, or Ron Rivera.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork

That's why I hate raider fans
they've got nothing else going for them, atleast allow them to have that. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule
This is the worst hiring this offseason. I figured that his track record during his head coaching stints would prove that he's just not a good head coach. San Diego is again just going to waste all the talent they have on their team by not hiring a good, young coach like Rex Ryan, Mike Singletary, or Ron Rivera.
In all fairness, none of those guys listed have proven that they will be successful as head coaches... Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that they won't, it's just it annoys me when everybody assumes it to be a fact.

Quote:
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:20 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That's probably because we spend time outside, not staring at a computer all day. :D

I'm not about to get engaged in a flame war, but seriously show some respect. Literally every thread about the Chargers making some move or another has some braintrust saying "Now all their fans will leave LOLZ",
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why did I keep on hearing Turner's name mentioned for all these jobs? Why was he such a hot commodity?
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej
Why did I keep on hearing Turner's name mentioned for all these jobs? Why was he such a hot commodity?
Because he has a great offensive mind and he's had alot of success in the NFL as an OC. Of course some people are just meant to be great coordinators, not great HC's, and that seems to be the general consensus on Turner. Who knows though, maybe third times the charm.

Quote:
Old 02-19-2007, 01:06 PM    (permalink
16_SFfan_80
Rookie

16_SFfan_80 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

A move that set back two teams. Alex Smith now has his third offensive coordinator in three years.

"I'm going for 2,200 (yards) next year," Gore said. "That's the record, isn't it? Yeah, I'll get that."
16_SFfan_80 is offline   Reply With Quote