Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC North Division Forum

NFC North Division Forum Discuss the NFC North

Old 12-03-2007, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.
Default Minnestoa Playoff Bound

Minnesota is playoff bound. They have SF and DEN on the road, and then CHI and WAS at home. I think they'll win at least 3 of these remaining games.

Jackson actually looks like a competent QB and the run game is the best in the NFL. Throw in a solid defence and this team could surprise a lot. If you look at their games this year, they've beat some good teams and they've only been blown out once. Sleepers in the NFC and not a team I would like to face in the playoffs because that run game and their ability to stop the run will be deadly once it's cold.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 05:05 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually called this a few weeks ago, after the Chargers win. I've been pretty high on the Vikings and Chiefs all year. The Chiefs turned out to be a bit of a dissapointment, in large part due to injuries and incompetent QB play, but the Vikings are reaffirming the simple notion that if you run the ball, and you stop the run, you have the ability to beat anyone.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 08:59 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, I doubt it. Minnesota is not a good football team. Who has Jackson played "well" agianst? Detroit? All around he is a dogshit QB who will lead them nowhere.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 01:59 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Meh, I doubt it. Minnesota is not a good football team. Who has Jackson played "well" agianst? Detroit? All around he is a dogshit QB who will lead them nowhere.
yeah and we play teams that are 3-9, 5-7, 5-7, and 5-7 at the moment. Where 2 are home. Jackson didnt just play well against the lions he played well against the giants and oakland but just not making mistakes. Tarvaris needs to go for like 12/17 a game with 120yards and maybe a td a game. As long as he doesnt throw multiple INT's we should easily win. The Combo of Adrian and Chester is one if not the best duo in the league. The Defense has played well lately with Blitzing nonstop bringing pressure to the QB and plus stopping the run is our motto.

Ill admit before the Bye we were a terrible team and just hoping for AD = ROY. But since the bye week we are 5-3 and in the past 3 weeks we have been a different team. The veterans are believing in Tarvaris. So if having a 100 rating for 3 staright weeks is "dogshit" is something beyond me i suppose.

Plus it doesnt hurt being in the NFC. We can easily go 9-7 or 10-6 to make the playoffs and where would face either tampa bay or seattle.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 09:44 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
yeah and we play teams that are 3-9, 5-7, 5-7, and 5-7 at the moment. Where 2 are home. Jackson didnt just play well against the lions he played well against the giants and oakland but just not making mistakes. Tarvaris needs to go for like 12/17 a game with 120yards and maybe a td a game. As long as he doesnt throw multiple INT's we should easily win. The Combo of Adrian and Chester is one if not the best duo in the league. The Defense has played well lately with Blitzing nonstop bringing pressure to the QB and plus stopping the run is our motto.

Ill admit before the Bye we were a terrible team and just hoping for AD = ROY. But since the bye week we are 5-3 and in the past 3 weeks we have been a different team. The veterans are believing in Tarvaris. So if having a 100 rating for 3 staright weeks is "dogshit" is something beyond me i suppose.

Plus it doesnt hurt being in the NFC. We can easily go 9-7 or 10-6 to make the playoffs and where would face either tampa bay or seattle.
Keep telling yourself Jackson will be good. I hope all vikings fans do so they keep him around longer.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 12-07-2007, 11:48 AM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

crazyisme hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

*chuckles*

ignorance always makes me chuckle
crazyisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love it if the Vikings got into the playoffs.. and the 2nd round!

It'd make me smile knowing the Packers got a free game. No offense but we own you hard this year and AD is skeered of us.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 02:53 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
I would love it if the Vikings got into the playoffs.. and the 2nd round!

It'd make me smile knowing the Packers got a free game. No offense but we own you hard this year and AD is skeered of us.
Yeah, but how many teams have ever beat another team 3x in the same year? I think its like 1 or 2 during the history of the nfl. Im a packer fan but, just saying it might not be good.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 11:03 AM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

ap isnt scared...hes pissed....you guys put a bounty out on hi, if we meet in the playoffs he'll probably run for 300 yards on the pack :)
Old 12-08-2007, 11:58 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyisme View Post
*chuckles*

I bet you chuckle at yourself quite a bit then, eh?

they get smoked.

Old 12-08-2007, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ap isnt scared...hes pissed....you guys put a bounty out on hi, if we meet in the playoffs he'll probably run for 300 yards on the pack :)
...and then you'll still find a way to lose...

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 12:42 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Wow give me a break. Why can't people realize that no one expected him to set the world on fire right away. He was a project QB. I dont get why people dont understand this. Hes progressing WAY faster than anyone including myself expected him to.

And btw I love how you conveniently forget he played well against Oakland and the Giants as well.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 12:00 AM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

Quote:
I bet you chuckle at yourself quite a bit then, eh?
actually no, but thats why i have you!
Old 12-09-2007, 12:45 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
*chuckles*

I'm not sure where he said anything ignorant.

Minnesota isn't a very good team.

Tavaris Jackson isn't a very good quarterback.

That said, I still think they'll make the playoffs.

Old 12-09-2007, 12:54 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's a great team, a mediocre team, and two **** teams in the division. Not too hard for us to get a wild-card spot.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 01:02 AM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Not a good football team? They've got a solid Oline, great RBs and an emerging defense. Jackson doesn't have to play "well"... he just has to limit his mistakes (much like Grossman last year). We all know where that got the Bears...

If it clicks and Jackson starts playing good football, I think the Vikes are one of the top teams in the NFC. If he can avoid mistakes and simply manage a game, they definitely belong in the playoffs.

[Notes]
4 of the Vikings 6 losses were by 7 or fewer points:

Det - 3 Pts (last second FG missed by Longwell)
KC - 3 Pts
GB - 7 Pts
Phi - 7 Pts
Dal - 10 Pts

That's impressive.

Last edited by TacticaLion : 12-09-2007 at 01:09 AM.
TacticaLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 01:23 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticaLion View Post
Not a good football team? They've got a solid Oline, great RBs and an emerging defense. Jackson doesn't have to play "well"... he just has to limit his mistakes (much like Grossman last year). We all know where that got the Bears...

If it clicks and Jackson starts playing good football, I think the Vikes are one of the top teams in the NFC. If he can avoid mistakes and simply manage a game, they definitely belong in the playoffs.

[Notes]
4 of the Vikings 6 losses were by 7 or fewer points:

Det - 3 Pts (last second FG missed by Longwell)
KC - 3 Pts
GB - 7 Pts
Phi - 7 Pts
Dal - 10 Pts

That's impressive.
Added to that KC and GB game is the fact that Kelly Holcomb was their QB, that hurts. Every1 who hates on Jackson, he is something like 6-2 when he starts this year. One of the losses coming in said Dallas game above, Dallas is 11-1. Jackson doesn't have to play good for the Vikes to win, he just can't **** it up. And he hasn't ****** it up much this year, and when he was down: Bollinger and Holcumb=**** ups.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:21 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post

You need to remember that ignorant is the most commonly used word on this forum for people who don't know what they're talking about.

By the way, I really enjoy Viking fans opinions changing from " we are the worst team in the NFL" or " Brad Childress sucks and he will be fired for his decision to stick with Jackson will ruin his job". I think all of those( or something damn similar) were actually stated on here too.

they get smoked.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 12-09-2007 at 08:24 AM.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:57 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You need to remember that ignorant is the most commonly used word on this forum for people who don't know what they're talking about.

By the way, I really enjoy Viking fans opinions changing from " we are the worst team in the NFL" or " Brad Childress sucks and he will be fired for his decision to stick with Jackson will ruin his job". I think all of those( or something damn similar) were actually stated on here too.

Yeah, and the difference is that we are willing to admit when we might be wrong. And Childress still needs to be fired.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 11:42 AM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post

both those statements are very ignorant....

Minnesota is a decent team...are they great? not at all, but they are a decent enough team, great run game, great run defense and the passing defense and passing offense have both been decent the last couple weeks. To say they aren't a very good team (technically i guess is accurate cause they aren't a VERY good team, but they are a good team) is, in fact ignorant.

and Jackson has been a good QB the last few weeks, hes a young QB and is getting better, again, hes not great, buts hes been playing well and is better than you guys both are giving him credit for.

so yes, both those statements are ignorant, because both of you are allowing your dislike of the Vikings to cloud your judgement on the abilities of both the Vikes and Jackson, both are good and better than either of you are willing to admit
Old 12-09-2007, 11:47 AM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

Quote:
You need to remember that [b]ignorant is the most commonly used word on this forum for people who don't know what they're talking about.[b]

well im glad youre able to realize why i referred to you as ignorant...maybe youll try to understand what you are talking about next time before you open your mouth...

and yes, its called adjusting your opinions rather than sticking with the same old ignorant opinions after it been proven inaccurate....which is something you might need to learn as well. As for me, ive always stuck to my guns and thought positively about the vikes, been a little weary on chilly, but have always preached to give him until the end of the season to prove his worth, right now hes done okay, so we'll see on him
Old 12-09-2007, 11:49 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Ok...first of all I said that the Vikings were going to make the playoffs.

Second of all, there is a vast difference between very good and decent. The Vikings are decent. They are ok. They'll probably make the playoffs. They may even win a game. And no...they are not good. Good is better than .500. Good is functional most of the time, not just some of the time. Good wins divisions, not stumbles into the playoffs due to lack of competition.

Jackson hasn't done piss. Be quiet. He has the easiest job of any quarterback in the NFL and he still doesn't do that very well. He's 24 so I'm not writing him off or anything, but let's not act like he's anything better than WELL below average. Find a team that will stop the run (and it will happen) and Jackson is going to be exposed for exactly what he is.

I live in Minneapolis. I watch the Vikings almost every week (thank god for Peterson) so these aren't the musings of some angry Bears fan. I'm well aware of the abilities of the team.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 12-09-2007 at 11:58 AM.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:53 AM    (permalink
supermario86
Rookie

supermario86 needs more cowbell.

Although he may never be a superstar T Jack will eventually be a very solid QB in the league someday
Old 12-09-2007, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just glad we have a chance to be .500 or better. I just remember all the people who had the Vikings picking in the top 3 in the NFL Draft. I guess I didn't account for how much of an impact Adrian Peterson would have.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Hopefully Minny knocks Dallas out in the second round and comes to Lambeau for the NFC Championship.