Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC North Division Forum

NFC North Division Forum Discuss the NFC North

Old 12-09-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All I want is for people to give the Vikings absolutely no credit. Just keep on doing that, and I will be happy.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
All I want is for people to give the Vikings absolutely no credit. Just keep on doing that, and I will be happy.
Too late. Peterson may have had only 3 yards on 14 carries against the 49ers, but the Vikes are the hottest team around. Might wanna get used to it.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:40 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ever since the Packers game they have been a totally different team and their run offense/defense has been spectacular, but they will run into problems with teams like Green Bay, again, because they will struggle to run the football and will force Tavaris Jackson to make plays with his arm.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 09:43 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's funny because you've been bitching about the Vikings more than anyone all season. I actually tried to convince you that the Vikings weren't as bad as you thought they were and you would have none of it.

The 180 that Vikings fans have done from "we're terrible, Jackson sucks, Childress sucks" to "we don't get any respect" is ridiculous.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been a fan of Jackson for a while, and I said a long time ago that I didn't think the vikings would draft a QB in the 1st...

I just thought I'd throw that out there.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 09:46 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
That's funny because you've been bitching about the Vikings more than anyone all season. I actually tried to convince you that the Vikings weren't as bad as you thought they were and you would have none of it.

The 180 that Vikings fans have done from "we're terrible, Jackson sucks, Childress sucks" to "we don't get any respect" is ridiculous.
Same case with Packers fans. It's funny because I have been at the University of Minnesota since the beginning of the season and it was funny to see the progression of Packers fans coming out to support the team once they began winning. Hopefully they don't hurt themselves when they decide to jump off the bandwagon.

Old 12-09-2007, 09:47 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I've been a fan of Jackson for a while, and I said a long time ago that I didn't think the vikings would draft a QB in the 1st...

I just thought I'd throw that out there.
I think that is a feeling for alot of people outside the Vikings fan base. The fact that he is only in his 2nd season and he didn't play big time college football and he has progressed well, especially this season, shows that he has the ability and he only needs to be given the time.

Old 12-09-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

No kidding. Whatever happened to the, "The Vikings are the only team in the NFC North with nothing to look forward to" crap.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Things change. I'm sure Browns fans weren't very optimistic about their season coming into this year, but now they deserve some respect.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 10:25 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Things change. I'm sure Browns fans weren't very optimistic about their season coming into this year, but now they deserve some respect.
Yes the team and loyal fans deserve the respect

Old 12-09-2007, 10:29 PM    (permalink
litlharsh
Veteran

litlharsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.litlharsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

haha don't mix up EJ99 as the rest of us. He's kind of (in)famous within the vikings discussion for bitching all the time. I remember that one time he said "I wish we wouldn't have won that game" or something because he didn't want to be optimistic and let down so badly. I told him to shut up and got + repped. But he's coming around, he doesn't deride Jackson and Chilly that much anymore.

I will say I was all for chilly's firing, and I have said tjack sucks. But I never said we shouldn't give him his fair chance to prove himself, and I'm thankful we did.
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
Keyshawn because i just hate T.O. he is a cocky son of a biscuit
But an athletic marvel for a second generation confectionary product
litlharsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

What am I supposed to say? I know I bitched a lot, but I was not the only Vikings fan complaining at the beginning of the season.
Old 12-09-2007, 11:14 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the record I still think Tavaris is a piece of trash. I've always thought the Vikings would win in spite of him, not because of him.

But he's 24, so there's room for growth yet.

Old 12-09-2007, 11:48 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

How many Packers fans thought they would start the season 4-0 (with wins against the Eagles, Giants and Chargers) and would be 11-2 at this point? How many Bears fans thought they'd be last in the NFC North 14 weeks into the season? Not many.

Winning/losing changes things. It's understandable for Vikings' fans to be more supportive now than earlier in the season.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:38 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticaLion View Post
How many Packers fans thought they would start the season 4-0 (with wins against the Eagles, Giants and Chargers) and would be 11-2 at this point? How many Bears fans thought they'd be last in the NFC North 14 weeks into the season? Not many.

Winning/losing changes things. It's understandable for Vikings' fans to be more supportive now than earlier in the season.
Of course it is, but by the same token, it's ridiculous to then complain about people talking down on the Vikings when they've been doing it all season long. The # of people that were saying "I think we'll make the playoffs this year" before the season started were pretty slim. I know because I had the Vikings at #17 in my mock before the season started and people said I was crazy. Turns out they did even better than I thought (I said 8-8)

To use the Bears example, some people like to put in their sigs things that I've said about the Bears before the seaon started. Well yeah they are questionable now but when they were said most people thought the same things.

Old 12-10-2007, 12:46 AM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you know... i'd much rather see people admit that their team is **** when it is then have them be blindly faithful to it. Packer fans are the kings of blind faith.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:59 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ill admit I figured we would do terrible this year. I thought in the beginning of the year we had a better chance to start off 4-0 and get to a good start which we didn't. I would have never thought we are doing it on the back end of the schedule. Ill also admitted that I wanted Childress fired and i said i wanted Tarvaris Benched.

I think it someone on here said it best that Tarvaris Jackson changed after that Packers game. In this where Vikings fans started to believe in the team again. Even if we go 8-8 and dont make the playoffs..Ill still be happy with this season. Its an Improvement from last season and exceeded my expectations. I figured we would be 6-10 or 5-11. Of course I want us to make the playoffs and hopefully beat either the Bucs or Seahawks.

Pretty much some of you guys are saying we cant be down and mad when we are losing and bitching but when we turn it around and we are winning we can be happy and excited for the Vikings. But it seems to be alright if your team starts out good and your all excited and happy but then you star losing and your whining and upset.

This Season is already an improvement.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 01:24 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Pretty much some of you guys are saying we cant be down and mad when we are losing and bitching but when we turn it around and we are winning we can be happy and excited for the Vikings. But it seems to be alright if your team starts out good and your all excited and happy but then you star losing and your whining and upset.
Not at all. In fact nobody said that. What I said was that you can't be bitching all year and then complain when fans of OTHER teams don't give your team the respect you think it deserves. It'd be different if most of you were saying the Vikings would be great and people were giving you **** for it. The fact is, as you said, most of you had no confidence in your team at all, so it seems very disigenuous to complain about it now.

Old 12-10-2007, 01:38 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Yes, I'll admit it was me complaining about it, it's right at the top of the page. I just get pissed when those Packers fans are always talking **** like that, and it's not all Packers fans, just a select few.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:02 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Exactamundo.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:21 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Exactamundo.
When your team comes out and looks pathetic week after week, it's understandable to think that something needs to change. But, when your team starts to click and dominates other teams... and is in the playoff hunt... I can see why the mindset would change. They wanted a change when things weren't working... now that they're working, a change isn't really needed (yet).
Old 12-10-2007, 12:22 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good luck in the playoffs, it going to take a miracle to get the Cardinals healthy enough to win out

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:27 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
good luck in the playoffs, it going to take a miracle to get the Cardinals healthy enough to win out
They play the Rams, thats a win before u even take the field.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:16 PM    (permalink
singe_101
Rookie

singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.singe_101 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I actually called this a few weeks ago, after the Chargers win. I've been pretty high on the Vikings and Chiefs all year. The Chiefs turned out to be a bit of a dissapointment, in large part due to injuries and incompetent QB play, but the Vikings are reaffirming the simple notion that if you run the ball, and you stop the run, you have the ability to beat anyone.
Well, the team also has to hold onto the ball. The Vikings have done that for a while now.

And they've been scoring more offensive touchdowns, if you kick field goals and run/stop the run you can still lose, that was common last year (and a lot of turnovers).

Jackson has 4 TD and 2 INT since week 9.
Old 12-11-2007, 07:41 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyisme View Post
ap isnt scared...hes pissed....you guys put a bounty out on hi, if we meet in the playoffs he'll probably run for 300 yards on the pack :)
no we said we'd keep him under 100 yards, not knock him out

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote