Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC North Division Forum

NFC North Division Forum Discuss the NFC North

Old 12-11-2007, 11:30 AM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

crazyisme hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
you know... i'd much rather see people admit that their team is **** when it is then have them be blindly faithful to it. Packer fans are the kings of blind faith.
yah, I absolutely LOVE people criticizing Vikings fans for being critical of their players and coaches, and then breathing a sigh of relief once they start performing up to our standards.

Id much rather be that sort of fan than a packer or bear fan.....(lions fans are excluded cause no lion fan should have any kind of expectations...LOL)
crazyisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
you know... i'd much rather see people admit that their team is **** when it is then have them be blindly faithful to it. Packer fans are the kings of blind faith.
Packer fans are the kings of blind faith because they are usually always good, and most fans don't know any different

Jeez... lemme think who has been in GB for around 15 years? Lord Favre.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyisme View Post
yah, I absolutely LOVE people criticizing Vikings fans for being critical of their players and coaches, and then breathing a sigh of relief once they start performing up to our standards.

Id much rather be that sort of fan than a packer or bear fan.....(lions fans are excluded cause no lion fan should have any kind of expectations...LOL)
you can't lump bears fans in with packer fans... they are not at all alike.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:37 PM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

thats true, some bears fans are semi-respectable...ill definitely give ya that :)
Old 12-11-2007, 08:11 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

The only real time I lost faith in the Packers is when they started 1-4 in 2004. They then went 9-2 to end the year before losing to the Vikes in the playoffs.

I didn't think they were as bad as their 4-12 record would lead you to believe in 2005. In week 2 they lost the CLE by 2. Week 3, Tampa by 1. Week 4, Carolina by 3. Week 7, Minn by 3. Week 11, Minn by 3. They were 2-9 in games decided by 7 points or less. So I didn't lose faith then.

In 2006, they botched at least 2 games (NO and STL) and as many as 4 (Buffalo and Seattle). I thought they could have done some damage in the playoffs.

Anyway, if you're always expecting the worst, it takes the fun out of the game, even if you end up being good.

And I probably won't lose faith as long as Ted Thompson is our GM. The man is all football.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please lose a game so we can we out and get the last playoff berth. kkthxbye
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 05:08 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But since 1991 our faith has been correct(except for 2 years.) Ray Rhodes year(99?) and '05. Just about every other year we are correct in our predictions.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:21 PM    (permalink
thefridge15
Rookie

thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im waiting to see a packer fan with real evidence and real support for their opinions. All you can say is "Tarvaris sucks", "The Vikings suck"

Well heres some evidence for you: Tarvaris Jackson's record, 7-2
Old 12-13-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
But since 1991 our faith has been correct(except for 2 years.) Ray Rhodes year(99?) and '05. Just about every other year we are correct in our predictions.

You've been correct if your blind faith has been Packer's painstaking mediocrity. One Super Bowl win is really nice (wish Vikings could get one ever), but Packer's fans seem to think they've been an elite team over the past 15 years. In reality, you get to the playoffs and get knocked out the same way the Vikings did for a majority of the 90's and some of the 2000's.
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If someone would have told me at the beginning of the year that we'd be in the playoff hunt in the middle of December, I'd call him insane. Even if we don't go far, I'm just glad we had the opportunity. A big step for this organization.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
If someone would have told me at the beginning of the year that we'd be in the playoff hunt in the middle of December, I'd call him insane. Even if we don't go far, I'm just glad we had the opportunity. A big step for this organization.
I was saying it in the preseason, but admit that I backtracked on my statement in the beginning of the year. This season has got me really excited though.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:11 PM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

i dont see why thinking minnesota could be a WC contender at the beginning of the season would be so insane? a 6=10 team from last year that, by all appearances, should be improved....going 8-8 is easily in the playoff race and wasnt an outrageous prediction at the time, right now we have a shot at going 10-6, which i wouldnt have thought at the beginning, but 8-8 for sure

and Bearsfan...quit playing with words....usually when someone calls a team "not a very good team" you aren't referring to them as "decent",...like i said, technically the vikes arent really VERY good, but they are a good squad, with a great lines (which many people say is where the game is won) and some good young talent that are finally putting it all on the field. and jackson is a lot better than you guys are giving him credit for, just because he doesnt throw for 300 yards and 4 TD's every game, doesnt mean his crap, he controls the game, converts 3rd downs, and doesnt turn the ball over and is efficient...id say thats pretty solid....
Old 12-13-2007, 11:43 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not "playing with words", it's holding people accountable for what they say. Words have definitions that convey certain meanings. This is why Jesus made dictionaries.

As for Jackson, he controlls the game sometimes, but very sparingly. He still makes about 4-5 incredibly stupid decisions per game, and that's with almost no pressure on him at all. He's had four nice games, but that's about it. Before that he had 9 average to terrible games. He's shown me nothing more than a guy like Rex Grossman has, and has accomplished much less. If he continues his development then sure, opinions on him should start changing, but a few nice games isn't going to do it.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 12:26 AM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
It's not "playing with words", it's holding people accountable for what they say. Words have definitions that convey certain meanings. This is why Jesus made dictionaries.

As for Jackson, he controlls the game sometimes, but very sparingly. He still makes about 4-5 incredibly stupid decisions per game, and that's with almost no pressure on him at all. He's had four nice games, but that's about it. Before that he had 9 average to terrible games. He's shown me nothing more than a guy like Rex Grossman has, and has accomplished much less. If he continues his development then sure, opinions on him should start changing, but a few nice games isn't going to do it.
I'm not trying to call you out or anything, but were you one of those Bears fans that hopped on the Rex Grossman bandwagon in September last year? I know a lot of my friends, from Chicago, that are die hard bears fans and knowledgeable football fans hopped on that bandwagon too. I'm not saying its bad, but I do believe that Tarvaris has much more natural ability than Rex has so I'm hoping his good games, much like Rex's last year, translate into more than Rex has turned out to be.

PS: I just realized this, but what kind of name is Rex?
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 12:50 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjo672 View Post
I'm not trying to call you out or anything, but were you one of those Bears fans that hopped on the Rex Grossman bandwagon in September last year? I know a lot of my friends, from Chicago, that are die hard bears fans and knowledgeable football fans hopped on that bandwagon too. I'm not saying its bad, but I do believe that Tarvaris has much more natural ability than Rex has so I'm hoping his good games, much like Rex's last year, translate into more than Rex has turned out to be.

PS: I just realized this, but what kind of name is Rex?
Nope. In fact, I actually made a thread prior to the Cardinals game (which was the beginning of the end for ol' Rexy) that his statistics were incredibly misleading and that unless he had a great pocket and Bernard Berrian to punish the safties he was an incredibly limited player due to his bad decision making and inability to see over the defenders. I'm not very saavy to looking up threads, but SFBear brought it up not long ago so it's probably out there somewhere.

I've been wrong about a few Bears-related things, but Rexy isn't one of them.

As for "natural ability", I dunno about that. Rex has a ******* cannon, he's just a moron.

Old 12-14-2007, 08:40 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
From late August-
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Yeah, if I did my 10 truths, I'd definitely include something about the Vikings being a legitimate playoff contender. That's my big sleeper pick this year. I actually think I might be higher on them than a lot of Vikings fans. Every time I analyze it in my head, I see them going to the playoffs.
While you didn't call me insane, I'm sure you probably thought as much to yourself. Although now that I think about it, you +repped me on that very post.

But hey, I can't really pull on that whistle too hard because I was just as wrong about teams like the Browns and Titans as I was right about the Vikings. But I must say, I was definitely on-point with the Vikings predictions. It seemed obvious to me that their floor was higher than most.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
OH! bf51! Come on now... holding people accountable?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Way too bring up something I said two months ago that everyone has already recognized was off the mark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
some people like to put in their sigs things that I've said about the Bears before the seaon started. Well yeah they are questionable now but when they were said most people thought the same things.
I've done it to you... and you've done it to others. It happens. It's a part of making predictions/statements.

Either way, I like that "Jesus" line... some funny ****.
Old 12-14-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticaLion View Post
OH! bf51! Come on now... holding people accountable?!

I've done it to you... and you've done it to others. It happens. It's a part of making predictions/statements.

Either way, I like that "Jesus" line... some funny ****.
There's a difference between holding people accountable for what they immediately say, and bringing up things people had said two months ago as if it's of the same relevance.

You could of course say this with Vikings fans as well, and I have no problem with them changing from a "the Vikings are terrible" to "hey the Vikings aren't so terrible" attitude because quite frankly, that's natural.

My ONLY statement so far has been that you cannot then say "where's our respect?". It would be as if I spent a year telling everyone what an asshole I am, then acted really nice to everyone for a week and said "nobody appreciates me". Life doesn't work like that.

Old 12-14-2007, 05:52 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
My ONLY statement so far has been that you cannot then say "where's our respect?". It would be as if I spent a year telling everyone what an asshole I am, then acted really nice to everyone for a week and said "nobody appreciates me". Life doesn't work like that.
Agree. I've felt that way about quite a few teams recently. As the Lions have showed, half-season success doesn't mean ****... and a 4 game winning streak can turn into 5 straight losses. Success has to be had over a long period of time to rate respect.
Old 12-15-2007, 01:11 AM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

are there really viking fans out there asking for respect?

cause then ill agree with you, imo we've been getting TOO much national attention. I think we're a fairly good team that is finally translating some talent onto the field and ive always said we'd be an 8-8 team this year even after the GB by the way....but right now the Vikes are getting some good respect

by the way, Baldinger said tonight that the Vikes might have the best LB core in the NFL :)
Old 12-15-2007, 01:58 AM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Baldinger is silly...

I think the Vikings made the right moves and are building the team the right way. They may not have the most talent on the field, but they're playing textbook football: run the ball/stop the run.

The Lions, on the other hand... abandon the run/miss tackles on defense. It's a different theory (to say the least)... lets see how far it gets us.
Old 12-15-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
litlharsh
Veteran

litlharsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.litlharsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Baldinger is silly...
Agreed. It's crazy that all this love is showing up for the Vikings all of a sudden. Left for dead and usually raped by the national media.
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
Keyshawn because i just hate T.O. he is a cocky son of a biscuit
But an athletic marvel for a second generation confectionary product
litlharsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Please lose a game so we can we out and get the last playoff berth. kkthxbye
Sadly, I think the Vikes win out.
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 01:34 AM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsMan View Post
Sadly, I think the Vikes win out.
Win out? I'm not so sure...

Chicago won't be "easy", Washington is a solid team and Denver (in Colorado) is a tough game. I think they can win 2 of those, but all 3 will be tough.
Old 12-16-2007, 02:07 AM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Win out? I'm not so sure...

Chicago won't be "easy", Washington is a solid team and Denver (in Colorado) is a tough game. I think they can win 2 of those, but all 3 will be tough.
I hope you are right.
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote