Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC North Division Forum

NFC North Division Forum Discuss the NFC North

Old 12-16-2007, 01:10 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsMan View Post
I hope you are right.
I think both Minnesota and Arizona will finish ahead of New Orleans.

Last edited by GB12 : 12-16-2007 at 01:22 AM.
GB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 01:21 AM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I think bot Minnesota and Arizona will finish ahead of New Orleans.
Yeah, that could happen. Saints have been really inconsistent this year.
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
thefridge15
Rookie

thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well so much for that theory GB12

The Saints are definitely the team that scares me the most right now though.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:25 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

Don't worry, even if you lose tomorrow the Saints will choke like they have historically.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBait45 View Post
Don't worry, even if you lose tomorrow the Saints will choke like they have historically.
Yeah, that's pretty much how we roll.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefridge15 View Post
Im waiting to see a packer fan with real evidence and real support for their opinions. All you can say is "Tarvaris sucks", "The Vikings suck"

Well heres some evidence for you: Tarvaris Jackson's record, 7-2
Yeah, go Jackson, go Vikings, no respect, wooo! They are definately hot. They just showed the world they can "hang on" against the Bears at home. Super Bowl or bust!

I'm so tired of the Vikings.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Yeah, go Jackson, go Vikings, no respect, wooo! They are definately hot. They just showed the world they can "hang on" against the Bears at home. Super Bowl or bust!

I'm so tired of the Vikings.

At least we beat the Bears...
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
At least we beat the Bears...
I guess that means you're better...

Hitman D

Old 12-18-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I guess that means you're better...

Just dont use hanging on against the Bears to show how we are supposedly such a bad team.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Quote:
Just dont use hanging on against the Bears to show how we are supposedly such a bad team.
I'm sorry. If you'd prefer, I can use the beating of the 49'ers to outline how good of a team you are, but only if that would make you happy...

Hitman D

Old 12-18-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We had 4 turnovers against the Bears and we still won. That's all I needed to see. We've won 5 games in a row, and that's an extremely difficult task no matter who you're facing.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
We had 4 turnovers against the Bears and we still won. That's all I needed to see. We've won 5 games in a row, and that's an extremely difficult task no matter who you're facing.
If the Bears had anything that even resembled an offense, you'd have an arguement.

Hitman D

Old 12-18-2007, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If the Bears had anything that even resembled an offense, you'd have an arguement.
Well, they don't have an offense. That's just how it was. It's a division game, and the Bears are always a tough team to face as long as they have Briggs, Urlacher, and Harris. Our offense didn't perform that much better than their's.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 04:37 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
I'm sorry. If you'd prefer, I can use the beating of the 49'ers to outline how good of a team you are, but only if that would make you happy...

We won 5 in a row. Thats hard to do against anyone. But if you want to count it against us because we beat a bad team be my guest, but your obvisous disdain for the Vikings and the bitter sarcasm you leave in every post is getting pretty annoying, so I'm done.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Quote:
We won 5 in a row. Thats hard to do against anyone. But if you want to count it against us because we beat a bad team be my guest, but your obvisous disdain for the Vikings and the bitter sarcasm you leave in every post is getting pretty annoying, so I'm done.
I'm sure it's even easier to do against five teams with a combined record of 28-42. If you factor out the Giants, it's 19-37. Obviously winning five games in a row isn't an easy feat, but doing so against the likes of the Raiders, Giants, Bears, Lions, and 49'ers makes it a lot easier. People are talking about the Vikings as a 'contender' in the NFC, when they haven't proven a damn thing.

And now that they've barely beaten Bears, of all teams, there being rewarded for their resiliency. I don't get it. If you'd like to say something to sway my opinion, be my guest, because the only thing I've heard out of Vikings fan is an overall grumbling for lack of respect, recognition, etc. when they don't deserve any, yet. Last night wasn't a 'fluke' game, by any stretch of the imagination, the Bears stopped, or slowed down, the Vikings run game, and got pressure on Jackson, and the results were obvious.

Hitman D

Old 12-18-2007, 10:39 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm sure it's even easier to do against five teams with a combined record of 28-42. If you factor out the Giants, it's 19-37. Obviously winning five games in a row isn't an easy feat, but doing so against the likes of the Raiders, Giants, Bears, Lions, and 49'ers makes it a lot easier. People are talking about the Vikings as a 'contender' in the NFC, when they haven't proven a damn thing.

And now that they've barely beaten Bears, of all teams, there being rewarded for their resiliency. I don't get it. If you'd like to say something to sway my opinion, be my guest, because the only thing I've heard out of Vikings fan is an overall grumbling for lack of respect, recognition, etc. when they don't deserve any, yet. Last night wasn't a 'fluke' game, by any stretch of the imagination, the Bears stopped, or slowed down, the Vikings run game, and got pressure on Jackson, and the results were obvious.
Says the guy whose team lost to the Bears...But its ok that your memory is short. And please, let me know, of all the teams that you have beaten, how your schedule has been so much tougher...
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:43 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjo672 View Post
Says the guy whose team lost to the Bears...But its ok that your memory is short. And please, let me know, of all the teams that you have beaten, how your schedule has been so much tougher...
Shhhh... dont tell that to Packers fans. Even though they play almost the same schedule as us, their's is clearly more difficult.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Shhhh... dont tell that to Packers fans. Even though they play almost the same schedule as us, their's is clearly more difficult.
Huh...don't remember bringing up the Packers in my original post... Oh well, I'm convinced, the Vikings really don't get enough respect.

And, about the playing the same teams note, the Packers have outscored there 'similar' opponents by 151 points, compared to 68 points by the Vikings. But, yeah, good point in bringing that up...

Hitman D

Old 12-19-2007, 10:31 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Huh...don't remember bringing up the Packers in my original post... Oh well, I'm convinced, the Vikings really don't get enough respect.

And, about the playing the same teams note, the Packers have outscored there 'similar' opponents by 151 points, compared to 68 points by the Vikings. But, yeah, good point in bringing that up...

You said specifically that we shouldn't be impressed cause we only beat the bears, and that basically the bears weren't much of an opponent. That by barely squeaking by them we proved that we didn't deserve respect. Your team lost to the bears, so by your own argument, the Packers dont deserve any respect either. This is why arguing with you is impossible, because you say something dumb, someone calls you out on it, and then run and hide by simply saying sarcastic garbage like "oh well, im convinced, the Vikings really don't get enough respect."

We never said the Packers dont deserve respect, I for one am very impressed by their season thus far. But by you saying something stupid and having me make a clear, rational arguement for why you are wrong and you still not able to comprehend it further proves that you're not worthy of our time.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
thefridge15
Rookie

thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefridge15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

wow, I wish we could outscore teams like that, because winning by 30 means a whole lot more than winning by 1

dramatization, sarcasm
Old 12-20-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Quote:
You said specifically that we shouldn't be impressed cause we only beat the bears, and that basically the bears weren't much of an opponent. That by barely squeaking by them we proved that we didn't deserve respect. Your team lost to the bears, so by your own argument, the Packers dont deserve any respect either. This is why arguing with you is impossible, because you say something dumb, someone calls you out on it, and then run and hide by simply saying sarcastic garbage like "oh well, im convinced, the Vikings really don't get enough respect."

We never said the Packers dont deserve respect, I for one am very impressed by their season thus far. But by you saying something stupid and having me make a clear, rational arguement for why you are wrong and you still not able to comprehend it further proves that you're not worthy of our time.
I'm not talking about the Packers, I'm talking about the Vikings. Apparently this is a difficult concept. I'm still waiting on an answer as to why the Vikings deserve so much respect, and why they are being regarded as one of the tops in the NFC.

Hitman D

Old 12-20-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

Quote:
I'm not talking about the Packers, I'm talking about the Vikings. Apparently this is a difficult concept. I'm still waiting on an answer as to why the Vikings deserve so much respect, and why they are being regarded as one of the tops in the NFC.
READ YOUR POST! You said the Vikings don't deserve respect BECAUSE they could barely beat the Bears. YOUR team LOST to the bears, so why does your team deserve respect?

And to answer your question: They've won 5 straight in the NFL, a difficult thing to do no matter what your competition is. Their running game is 2nd to none, as is their defense against the run. When not kicking to Hester, our ST are playing great. Our young corners are playing well, our defense is forcing turnovers and scoring points. This is why they deserve respect. You run and hide from the fact that you made that bears comment, because you put your foot in your mouth and can't refute the fact that it was a stupid comment.
Old 12-20-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
READ YOUR POST! You said the Vikings don't deserve respect BECAUSE they could barely beat the Bears. YOUR team LOST to the bears, so why does your team deserve respect?

And to answer your question: They've won 5 straight in the NFL, a difficult thing to do no matter what your competition is. Their running game is 2nd to none, as is their defense against the run. When not kicking to Hester, our ST are playing great. Our young corners are playing well, our defense is forcing turnovers and scoring points. This is why they deserve respect. You run and hide from the fact that you made that bears comment, because you put your foot in your mouth and can't refute the fact that it was a stupid comment.
34-0 You sir, fail at life.

He never said the Vikings don't deserve respect. He said that barely squeaking by the bears didn't prove anything.

The Packers deserve respect because they are 12-2. The lost a fluke game to the Bears, and they played a very good Cowboys team close while missing some of their most important players.

Last edited by someone447 : 12-20-2007 at 04:23 PM.
someone447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:21 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

double post
Old 12-20-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Quote:

You're right. I almost forgot a team doesn't change over the course of a season. What was that, week 5? 11 weeks ago? Are you kidding me? Isn't that the Vikings ******* motto this year. 6 weeks ago, the Vikings got beat in EVERY phase of the game, against one of the best, if not the best, teams they've played all year. But, ok, they've 'changed,' I can accept that.

Prior to week 8, the Packers had one of the best offenses in the league, without ANY running game. Since than, since the Bears game, we've added a potential 1000 yard rusher, in 8 weeks, a dynamic kick returner, and we still have Brett Favre.

I'm not 'shoving my foot in my mouth' over the Bears comment, because it made perfect sense. The Packers-Bears game and Bears-Vikings games are completely different games to the point where it really shouldn't serve any purpose to your 'arguement,' at all. The Packers dominated the first half of the Bears game, and fell short in the second half. The Vikings really didn't have any business being in the game throughout. The Bears won the game against the Packers, but lost it against the Vikings. Had that been the Cowboys or Packers against the Vikings, rather than the Bears, that game would have been a blowout, no questions asked.

Point is, the Vikings MOST RECENT game, against the Bears, was bad. Why would anyone look a week prior to the '49'ers game to make a point that the Vikings are a good-great team?

Hitman D

Last edited by Boston : 12-20-2007 at 04:27 PM.