Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC North Division Forum

NFC North Division Forum Discuss the NFC North

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 922
Reputation: 60112
andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

If you want to use the argument that the Packers team is different, then I'll use the EXACT same one, the Vikings are a different team right now...see you can't prove a damn thing. You're a joke.

And if beating a team handedly matters, why are we still giving the Patriots so much respect after squeaking out victories the past few weeks? You can't have double standards bucko.
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 922
Reputation: 60112
andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
34-0 You sir, fail at life.

He never said the Vikings don't deserve respect. He said that barely squeaking by the bears didn't prove anything.

The Packers deserve respect because they are 12-2. The lost a fluke game to the Bears, and they played a very good Cowboys team close while missing some of their most important players.
Read again, sir.

He did say specifically the Vikings don't deserve any respect. And then he claims that teams change throughout the course of the season after the Bears loss, he said his team is different now. Well I can say the same thing. Try not get involved in conversations if you can't keep up.
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: "That's some catch, that Catch-22."
Posts: 7,121
Reputation: 33603
Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjo672 View Post
If you want to use the argument that the Packers team is different, then I'll use the EXACT same one, the Vikings are a different team right now...see you can't prove a damn thing. You're a joke.

And if beating a team handedly matters, why are we still giving the Patriots so much respect after squeaking out victories the past few weeks? You can't have double standards bucko.
Yes, and it shows after they pounded they ******* Bears right into the ground.
__________________

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 922
Reputation: 60112
andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
34-0 You sir, fail at life.

He never said the Vikings don't deserve respect. He said that barely squeaking by the bears didn't prove anything.

The Packers deserve respect because they are 12-2. The lost a fluke game to the Bears, and they played a very good Cowboys team close while missing some of their most important players.
By the way, the Vikings also played that same cowboys team close. AND NOT ONCE did i say the vikings were better than the packers. NOT ONCE. READ MORE CLOSELY NEXT TIME. I never said the Vikings were better than the Packers, I said they deserve some respect from teams for winning 5 straight. AGAIN, stay out of it if you're not willing to read the whole thing.
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: "That's some catch, that Catch-22."
Posts: 7,121
Reputation: 33603
Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjo672 View Post
By the way, the Vikings also played that same cowboys team close. AND NOT ONCE did i say the vikings were better than the packers. NOT ONCE. READ MORE CLOSELY NEXT TIME. I never said the Vikings were better than the Packers, I said they deserve some respect from teams for winning 5 straight. AGAIN, stay out of it if you're not willing to read the whole thing.
Your main points in this "arguement" have been winning 5 straight, and losing to the same team the Packers lost to. This isn't an arguement. A 12 year old could look at the schedule and deduce that, which, I haven't yet ruled out...
__________________

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:39 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 922
Reputation: 60112
andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Your main points in this "arguement" have been winning 5 straight, and losing to the same team the Packers lost to. This isn't an arguement. A 12 year old could look at the schedule and deduce that, which, I haven't yet ruled out...
My main arguement was that the team has one 5 straight as you said. Seemed to be playing pretty good football, whih I think some people would agree with.

My arguement with the Bears had to do with you saying that beating the Bears means nothing, when in reality, your team wasn't able to earlier in the year. I have no doubt that you will win BIG this weekend at all. I'm supremely impressed with your team this year. I just don't understand what your hostility is towards vikings fans is all about. Every thread I go to there seems to be a post from you that simply says something "vikings won, big whoop, they still suck" or something to that degree. Do I think you will go further into the playoffs than us, absolutely. Is the fact that this team, which was picked to pick possibly No. 1 in next years draft, is now in playoff contention impressive to me? Absolutely.
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:40 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 922
Reputation: 60112
andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Your main points in this "arguement" have been winning 5 straight, and losing to the same team the Packers lost to. This isn't an arguement. A 12 year old could look at the schedule and deduce that, which, I haven't yet ruled out...
And don't call me a 12 year old. That obnoxious and you know it. I'm 23 years old, I graduated from a great university and have a great job, I'm well educated, I don't need sarastic comments calling me 12.
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: "That's some catch, that Catch-22."
Posts: 7,121
Reputation: 33603
Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjo672 View Post
My main arguement was that the team has one 5 straight as you said. Seemed to be playing pretty good football, whih I think some people would agree with.

My arguement with the Bears had to do with you saying that beating the Bears means nothing, when in reality, your team wasn't able to earlier in the year. I have no doubt that you will win BIG this weekend at all. I'm supremely impressed with your team this year. I just don't understand what your hostility is towards vikings fans is all about. Every thread I go to there seems to be a post from you that simply says something "vikings won, big whoop, they still suck" or something to that degree. Do I think you will go further into the playoffs than us, absolutely. Is the fact that this team, which was picked to pick possibly No. 1 in next years draft, is now in playoff contention impressive to me? Absolutely.
How could it mean anything? That game was a complete joke, in pretty much every aspect. To even compare that game to the Packers Bears game in week 5 is completely ridiculous.

As for my 'hostility against vikings fans,' yeah, that sounds about right. I would it imagine it has something to do with the complete 180 most Vikings fans seem to have done over the last 5 weeks. How is it that a teams fans go from, "the vikings are the worst team ever," to "we don't get any respect." Maybe you can explain that one to me, because, quite frankly, it makes absolutely no sense.
__________________

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 05:27 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 922
Reputation: 60112
andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
How could it mean anything? That game was a complete joke, in pretty much every aspect. To even compare that game to the Packers Bears game in week 5 is completely ridiculous.

As for my 'hostility against vikings fans,' yeah, that sounds about right. I would it imagine it has something to do with the complete 180 most Vikings fans seem to have done over the last 5 weeks. How is it that a teams fans go from, "the vikings are the worst team ever," to "we don't get any respect." Maybe you can explain that one to me, because, quite frankly, it makes absolutely no sense.
I totally agree with you on that last point, it makes me mad too. I was never up on the team at the beginning, and I'm still not buying into them completely, but I have been impressed with the way they're playing, and they have allowed me to gain some "respect" for them. Its a little flukey, but so often thats how the NFL goes. Especially in the NFC where there hasn't been a truly dominant team in any of the divisions for the past 5-6 years (outside of Seattle, but they're playing in the NFC West, so who knows how much weight that holds). I hope the Vikings can ride this momentum the same way the Packers were able to last year winning at the end and translating that success to the following year.
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: San Diego,CA
Posts: 4,791
Reputation: 35170
someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjo672 View Post
And don't call me a 12 year old. That obnoxious and you know it. I'm 23 years old, I graduated from a great university and have a great job, I'm well educated, I don't need sarastic comments calling me 12.
No, but you sure do need a course in debate. You are saying the most asinine things. You barely squeaked by a bad bears team. That is not worthy of gaining respect. You don't lose any by it, but you sure as hell don't gain any either. Just like when the packers squeaked by the Eagles in week 1 Packer fans weren't clamoring for respect.

The Vikings don't deserve respect, at least what you want for them; they are barely a top 15 team in the league:
NE, Dal, Indy, GB, Jax, TB, SD, Cle, Pit, Ten, Sea are are definitely better, and Hou, Was, and NO are about equal. Personally, I think Washington will beat the Vikings. They are a mediocre team. They are middle of the road. Do they deserve more respect than they were getting after the Packer game? Of course, do they deserve to be called good? No, they deserve to be called mediocre.
__________________
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Hunter S. Thompson
someone447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 07:16 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: San Diego,CA
Posts: 4,791
Reputation: 35170
someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjo672 View Post
Read again, sir.

He did say specifically the Vikings don't deserve any respect. And then he claims that teams change throughout the course of the season after the Bears loss, he said his team is different now. Well I can say the same thing. Try not get involved in conversations if you can't keep up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston
Obviously winning five games in a row isn't an easy feat, but doing so against the likes of the Raiders, Giants, Bears, Lions, and 49'ers makes it a lot easier. People are talking about the Vikings as a 'contender' in the NFC, when they haven't proven a damn thing.
That is the respect he was referring to. The thought that they might be contenders. He even said winning 5 games in a row wasn't an easy feat. But obviously we have to spell out exactly what each statement we make is referring to in order for you to grasp it.

You brought the Packers into this discussion. I did not. You asked why the Packers were given a pass when they lost to the bears, but the vikings just holding on isn't worthy of gaining respect. I said the Packers got a pass because they are 12-2.
__________________
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Hunter S. Thompson
someone447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 922
Reputation: 60112
andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
No, but you sure do need a course in debate. You are saying the most asinine things. You barely squeaked by a bad bears team. That is not worthy of gaining respect. You don't lose any by it, but you sure as hell don't gain any either. Just like when the packers squeaked by the Eagles in week 1 Packer fans weren't clamoring for respect.

The Vikings don't deserve respect, at least what you want for them; they are barely a top 15 team in the league:
NE, Dal, Indy, GB, Jax, TB, SD, Cle, Pit, Ten, Sea are are definitely better, and Hou, Was, and NO are about equal. Personally, I think Washington will beat the Vikings. They are a mediocre team. They are middle of the road. Do they deserve more respect than they were getting after the Packer game? Of course, do they deserve to be called good? No, they deserve to be called mediocre.
I finished in the top ten in the nation in Debate my senior year of high school, Policy Debate...just to let you now. We also beat SD already this year. I never said they deserved to gain respect for their win over the Bears. I just said you can't use it as justification for NOT giving them respect because your team lost to them. Its called logic buddy. Isn't there some basket weaving class you should be going to right now out at that "academic" institution you call Portland State?
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,530
Reputation: 9751
johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjo672 View Post
I finished in the top ten in the nation in Debate my senior year of high school, Policy Debate...just to let you now. We also beat SD already this year. I never said they deserved to gain respect for their win over the Bears. I just said you can't use it as justification for NOT giving them respect because your team lost to them. Its called logic buddy. Isn't there some basket weaving class you should be going to right now out at that "academic" institution you call Portland State?
Wow, what a great argument. Just what I expect from a "23 year old who graduated from a great university and has a great job." Not 12 year old like at all. Sounds like you take posts WAY too seriously and now your panties are in a bunch. Breathe deeply and think of how mommy and daddy buy you anything you want...

On the Vikes, I'm glad Childress is doing well, especially since he was kind enough to allow the Packers to stomp a mud hole on him this year and go 0-2 against their internecine rivals.
__________________
Hey Scott, howabout a mock more than every other month?
johbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 02:48 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,206
Reputation: 42402
Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I think it's funny how some packer fans chose to pick at 1 bears game where we got didn't play all that well and Still won. Somehow they chose to forget the first game that we played against them when we dominated them through out the game at Soldier Field.

Andy just Ignore Boston he just can't accept the possiblity that the Vikings could be a good team and he is trying to use any petty excuse he can to find to make himself beileve he is right. All he wants to do is try to rub it in our face now while he has a lil bit of ammo. Instead of choosing to wait and see how the rest of the season goes to see if the recent Bears game was just a fluke or part of something bigger.

I don't know why he wants to make such a huge deal about the bears. I was not all that surprised at the way the game went it's actually pretty simple. Players have pride and they got embaressed by their division rivals the Vikings earlier in the year. It was monday night, Brian Urlacher and the bears Defense were sure as hell not going to let that happen again and props to them they came to play. Also shouldn't forget Nathan Vasher's return gave em a boost(he was personally responsible for 2 Ints). I'm sure they will be just as fired up to play against the 12-2 packers. IMO it would be funny to see what Boston had to say if by some chance the Packers put up a stinker against the bears too.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 01:36 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: San Diego,CA
Posts: 4,791
Reputation: 35170
someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjo672 View Post
I finished in the top ten in the nation in Debate my senior year of high school, Policy Debate...just to let you now. We also beat SD already this year. I never said they deserved to gain respect for their win over the Bears. I just said you can't use it as justification for NOT giving them respect because your team lost to them. Its called logic buddy. Isn't there some basket weaving class you should be going to right now out at that "academic" institution you call Portland State?
If you are really a 23 year old, you must have been very emotionally stunted; because feeling like you need to validate yourself to a bunch of people you have never, and will never meet isn't healthy. But have fun with that.

You are pissed about a lack of respect for a mediocre team. Mediocre teams do not deserve respect. Minnesota is most certainly a mediocre team.
__________________
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Hunter S. Thompson
someone447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 01:37 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: San Diego,CA
Posts: 4,791
Reputation: 35170
someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
I think it's funny how some packer fans chose to pick at 1 bears game where we got didn't play all that well and Still won. Somehow they chose to forget the first game that we played against them when we dominated them through out the game at Soldier Field.

Andy just Ignore Boston he just can't accept the possiblity that the Vikings could be a good team and he is trying to use any petty excuse he can to find to make himself beileve he is right. All he wants to do is try to rub it in our face now while he has a lil bit of ammo. Instead of choosing to wait and see how the rest of the season goes to see if the recent Bears game was just a fluke or part of something bigger.

I don't know why he wants to make such a huge deal about the bears. I was not all that surprised at the way the game went it's actually pretty simple. Players have pride and they got embaressed by their division rivals the Vikings earlier in the year. It was monday night, Brian Urlacher and the bears Defense were sure as hell not going to let that happen again and props to them they came to play. Also shouldn't forget Nathan Vasher's return gave em a boost(he was personally responsible for 2 Ints). I'm sure they will be just as fired up to play against the 12-2 packers. IMO it would be funny to see what Boston had to say if by some chance the Packers put up a stinker against the bears too.
All boston said about the bear game was that it was ridiculous that the vikings were being praised for hanging on against a bad bears team.
__________________
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Hunter S. Thompson
someone447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 10:52 AM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 497
Reputation: 48
crazyisme hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

well considering the Vikings did every imaginable thing in their power to lose that game, and played like crap and STILL found a way to win...and the its funny how bad everyone thinks the bears are, they ARENT that bad, theyre still a decent team with a good defense, the Vikes basically gave them 10 points, that game should have been 30-6 or something if it werent for the vikings absolutely sucking it up, i think that deserves some praise...playing a horrible game and still pulling out a W....
crazyisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 03:42 AM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: TC, MN
Posts: 1,391
Reputation: 114
swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not Anymore.

I Hate Brad Childress.
__________________
"Kenny Phillips has the body of Sean Taylor and the speed and knowledge of Ed Reed"

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 11:24 AM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 922
Reputation: 60112
andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I'm still holding out hope. The cowboys will be resting their starters, which sucks, but Brad Johnson is a serviceable backup (pretty sure he'll get the start this week for Dallas) and hopefully we can pray for a miracle.

We really laid a turd out on the field last night though. My only happiness came in seeing that Bears vs. Packers game. For all those arguements that were made about how this was a different Packers team than earlier in the season, that the Vikings could BARELY squeak one out over such a terrible team...It just goes to show that divisional rivalry games are generally going to be hard faught battles, no matter what the records indicate. I'm not bashing the Packers at all, congrats to them on a great season so far, it just validates my point that a win is a win, and that the Vikings barely beating them hardly is justification for them sucking.
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Sioux Falls
Posts: 16,660
Reputation: 320894
Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Well, it was a fun season, and we finished 2nd in the division. There's no way in hell the Redskins are going to lose the Cowboys (although I can't picture the Cowboys just giving a game to their hated rivals), and we are going to lose to the Broncos.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 12:38 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Stationed in Ohio
Posts: 2,942
Reputation: 204
TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Well, it was a fun season, and we finished 2nd in the division. There's no way in hell the Redskins are going to lose the Cowboys (although I can't picture the Cowboys just giving a game to their hated rivals), and we are going to lose to the Broncos.
Finished 2nd in the division? Really? A bit premature, don't you think?

With their loss to Chicago, the Packers no longer have anything to gain (and much to lose) from their week 17 game against Detroit. Playing Denver (in Denver) isn't always an easy game, and they'll have extra incentive to play hard, at home, for the last game of their season.

If Minn loses and Det wins, Det finishes 2nd in the division... the Vikings didn't "finish" anywhere yet.
__________________
Left NFLDC: 20080918.
TacticaLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 12:04 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 22,843
Reputation: 3601037
yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticaLion View Post
Finished 2nd in the division? Really? A bit premature, don't you think?

With their loss to Chicago, the Packers no longer have anything to gain (and much to lose) from their week 17 game against Detroit. Playing Denver (in Denver) isn't always an easy game, and they'll have extra incentive to play hard, at home, for the last game of their season.

If Minn loses and Det wins, Det finishes 2nd in the division... the Vikings didn't "finish" anywhere yet.

You guys are not beating the Packers, you just aren't. Don't worry though, finishing 2nd in a division doesnt mean **** anyway.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Stationed in Ohio
Posts: 2,942
Reputation: 204
TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
You guys are not beating the Packers, you just aren't. Don't worry though, finishing 2nd in a division doesnt mean **** anyway.
Probably would've been said to the Bears... before last week... after they beat them earlier in the year. "You guys are not beating the Packers, you just aren't."

It's possible... and the fact that the Packers gain nothing from a win increases the chance of it happening.

Regardless, my point was that the Vikings aren't a lock for 2nd in the division yet.
__________________
Left NFLDC: 20080918.
TacticaLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 853
Reputation: 5708
Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Minnesota is playoff bound. They have SF and DEN on the road, and then CHI and WAS at home. I think they'll win at least 3 of these remaining games.

Jackson actually looks like a competent QB and the run game is the best in the NFL. Throw in a solid defence and this team could surprise a lot. If you look at their games this year, they've beat some good teams and they've only been blown out once. Sleepers in the NFC and not a team I would like to face in the playoffs because that run game and their ability to stop the run will be deadly once it's cold.
No disrespect but this looks silly now. The Vikes are going nowhere unless they get a new QB or quantum leap from Jackson.
__________________
Sean Taylor - You'll always be missed but never forgotten
Canadian_draft_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 07:46 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mali-BOOTAY
Posts: 10,142
Reputation: 91740
BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_draft_fan View Post
No disrespect but this looks silly now. The Vikes are going nowhere unless they get a new QB or quantum leap from Jackson.
You obviously didn't see any of the game today, but he put on a very good performance.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.