Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC South Division Forum

NFC South Division Forum Discuss the NFC South

Old 12-30-2008, 05:36 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did you really just say noone agrees with me?

Thus far six people have commented on the arguement. The 'numerous' people are four Bucs fans. I have White, as does DK, a Falcons fan, who had him over Bryant on his all NFC South team.

But yeah, no Bucs fan agrees with me. Surprise.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 05:39 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
White is not one of the best blockers in the league at WR. Clayton is double the blocker White will ever be.
Lol ok.

We had the second ranked running game in the league. We ran power more than any other run play, and often times Turner bounced it outside. White usually is the reason Turner gets additional yards, because he manhandles the cornerback so badly and seals him inside.

Several of Turner's touchdowns this year had to due with White's blocking.

Old 12-30-2008, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
But White is one of the most physical in the league and has speed.
As is Bryant.

Quote:
Which reminds me that White is one of the best blocking elite wide receivers in the league.
No other receiver has to block when you have this beast.

Kidding aside, Bryant is no slouch in the blocking game.

I'll just wait for some objective posters to step forward. Though I expect them to side with White considering the amount of **** sucking he has received all year long from ATL fans on the board compared to the occasional mention of Bryant from Bucs fans.

Last edited by Bruce Banner : 12-30-2008 at 05:42 PM.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Several of Turner's touchdowns this year had to due with White's blocking.
I hope your kidding. You are being absurd.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
None of us are saying that Bryant is better than Steve Smith, and i believe most would agree that Bryant had a much better year Colston, so i dont see the big deal.
What I meant was that all ATL fans will side with White, and all Bucs will side with Bryant, and that the Saints and Panthers fans wouldn't favorite between the two. I'm not bringing Smith and Colston into the discussion.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 05:44 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
No, I'm not. The ones from outside of the ten yards line often were on power runs that Turner bounced.

Old 12-30-2008, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, I'm not. The ones from outside of the ten yards line often were on power runs that Turner bounced.
Im surprised your not saying that Roddy white was able to will him into the endzone on those many short yardage TD's he had.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:47 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Im surprised your not saying that Roddy white was able to will him into the endzone on those many short yardage TD's he had.
I'm not sure what is so outstanding about what I am saying.

Good blocking receivers often spring big runs by sealing the corner off.

Old 12-30-2008, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'm not sure what is so outstanding about what I am saying.

Good blocking receivers often spring big runs by sealing the corner off.
I think more of it has to do with Turner being a great RB, and having a very good blocking FB. To give tons of credit to Roddy is just ignorant.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:50 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I think more of it has to do with Turner being a great RB, and having a very good blocking FB. To give tons of credit to Roddy is just ignorant.
I didn't discredit any of them.

But that cornerback on the outside must be blocked to let that runningback run free. Both Jenkins and White block very well.

Old 12-31-2008, 01:55 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are Bucs fans seriously arguing that Antonio Bryant is better than Roddy White? Yeah he had a good 2nd half of the season, but lets wait to crown him, yeah? In 7 seasons, he has had 2 1000 yard seasons (1 of which was 1009). Roddy White piled up 1200 yards last year with Byron Leftwich, Chris Redman, and Joey Harrington at QB. He followed that up (showing how the previous season was no fluke) by being 3rd in the NFC in yards this year, and now Antonio Bryant is better than him?

Only TB fans....

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:14 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
no he's not. on 3-4 touchdowns that Turner has gotten they were outside runs where White made the crucial seal block on the CB to where Turner got in untouched. say what you will, but White is a damn good blocking WR.

Also, White is far and away better than Bryant. that's not even a real question is it?

ok. my All NFCS team:
QB - Drew Brees - Saints
RB - Michael Turner - Falcons
FB - Ovie Mughelli - Falcons
WR - Roddy White - Falcons
WR - Steve Smith - Panthers
TE - Jeff King - Panthers
LT - Jamal Brown - Saints
LG - Justin Blalock - Falcons
C - Jeff Faine - Bucs
RG - Davin Joseph - Bucs
RT - Tyson Clabo - Falcons

LE - Julius Peppers - Panthers
NT - Chris Hovan - Bucs
UT - Jonathan Babineaux - Falcons
RE - John Abraham - Falcons
LB - Derrick Brooks - Bucs
LB - John Vilma - Saints
LB - Cato June - Bucs
CB - Chris Gamble - Panthers
CB - Ken Lucas - Panthers
S - Tanard Jackson - Bucs
S - Erik Coleman - Falcons

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:16 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
White has other recieving options on the team. Bryant gets open despite being the only recieving threat on the team. Our second best is Michael Clayton? Alex Smith? Stovall? take you pick they all suck
did you not watch Roddy last year when he was our only option receiving? the fact that Jenkins, Douglas and Norwood took a lot of pressure off of him this year is more due to them emerging because of him than the opposite. never once was Bryan double teamed from what I saw.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:17 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Jon Vilma is the 3rd best MLB in the division. Ruud and Beason are much better than him. I can understand putting Beason over Ruud(or vice versa), but putting Vilma over both is just dumb. Also not sure Cato should be on there, he is nothing special. And once again Donald Penn>Jamaal Brown.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:19 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
did you not watch Roddy last year when he was our only option receiving? the fact that Jenkins, Douglas and Norwood took a lot of pressure off of him this year is more due to them emerging because of him than the opposite. never once was Bryan double teamed from what I saw.
Then you did not see anything. Bryant was constantly being double teamed, as well as constantly having a safety over top. Also we are not talking about last year, antonio bryant was out of football last year, that is obviously an irrelevent argument. The Bucs fans who are saying Bryant is better are not taking character concerns into account(obviously)
Old 12-31-2008, 02:37 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Then you did not see anything. Bryant was constantly being double teamed, as well as constantly having a safety over top. Also we are not talking about last year, antonio bryant was out of football last year, that is obviously an irrelevent argument. The Bucs fans who are saying Bryant is better are not taking character concerns into account(obviously)
So does that mean he was being triple teamed? Pretty impressive from a guy who was out of football last year.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 12-31-2008, 04:07 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

I seriously doubt Antonio Bryant was being triple teamed.

That is reserved for two-three receivers in the league.

Old 12-31-2008, 04:21 AM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I seriously doubt Antonio Bryant was being triple teamed.

That is reserved for two-three receivers in the league.
True story.

When you are the only WR threat sometimes it will happen, but in this case, he's the only threat on offense, so it happened pretty often.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 04:42 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Physically speaking I think Bryant has the advantage, but taking everything into account I'd definitely lean towards Roddy White.

If Bryant continues his 2nd half form next season then this conversation would become more interesting.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 06:04 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
True story.

When you are the only WR threat sometimes it will happen, but in this case, he's the only threat on offense, so it happened pretty often.
So you are saying that instead of using the lack of threats on the opposing offense for their own benefits by allowing for crazy schemes for the free players, the DCs stack on coverage to Antonio 'All-Pro' Bryant?

I won't believe it until I see it.

Old 12-31-2008, 02:34 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Are Bucs fans seriously arguing that Antonio Bryant is better than Roddy White? Yeah he had a good 2nd half of the season, but lets wait to crown him, yeah? In 7 seasons, he has had 2 1000 yard seasons (1 of which was 1009). Roddy White piled up 1200 yards last year with Byron Leftwich, Chris Redman, and Joey Harrington at QB. He followed that up (showing how the previous season was no fluke) by being 3rd in the NFC in yards this year, and now Antonio Bryant is better than him?

Only TB fans....
White has a more accomplished career, but we're arguing about who has the better package as a receiver.

Only TB fans would say Bryant is a better receiver because only TB fans know enough about Bryant and his environment to see that he's extremely underrated. If you're calling Bryant a fluke, just wait til next year. He's already proven that he doesn't need an effective offense to make his mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
no he's not. on 3-4 touchdowns that Turner has gotten they were outside runs where White made the crucial seal block on the CB to where Turner got in untouched. say what you will, but White is a damn good blocking WR.

Also, White is far and away better than Bryant. that's not even a real question is it?

ok. my All NFCS team:
QB - Drew Brees - Saints
RB - Michael Turner - Falcons
FB - Ovie Mughelli - Falcons
WR - Roddy White - Falcons
WR - Steve Smith - Panthers
TE - Jeff King - Panthers
LT - Jamal Brown - Saints
LG - Justin Blalock - Falcons
C - Jeff Faine - Bucs
RG - Davin Joseph - Bucs
RT - Tyson Clabo - Falcons

LE - Julius Peppers - Panthers
NT - Chris Hovan - Bucs
UT - Jonathan Babineaux - Falcons
RE - John Abraham - Falcons
LB - Derrick Brooks - Bucs
LB - John Vilma - Saints
LB - Cato June - Bucs
CB - Chris Gamble - Panthers
CB - Ken Lucas - Panthers
S - Tanard Jackson - Bucs
S - Erik Coleman - Falcons
Real nice argument. He's far and away better, no question. Do you come from the Skip Bayless school of arguing?

I might actually listen to your comment, but your reputation precedes you on this site (negative) and your All-NFCS team is horribly incorrect. Just another ignorant homer comment from you with no support to your arguments.

Chris Hovan and Cato June are 2 of the worst at their positions in the NFCS. The 2 BEST LBs....Ruud and Beason, aren't even on your list. Gamble and Lucas are garbage while Coleman got burned routinely. Clabo and Blalock....LOL!

Congratulations for presenting me with one of the worst posts I've seen in months. Go back to that other site where people might actually respect your opinion, because they don't know any better.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:41 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
White has a more accomplished career, but we're arguing about who has the better package as a receiver.

Only TB fans would say Bryant is a better receiver because only TB fans know enough about Bryant and his environment to see that he's extremely underrated. If you're calling Bryant a fluke, just wait til next year. He's already proven that he doesn't need an effective offense to make his mark.

Real nice argument. He's far and away better, no question. Do you come from the Skip Bayless school of arguing?

I might actually listen to your comment, but your reputation precedes you on this site (negative) and your All-NFCS team is horribly incorrect. Just another ignorant homer comment from you with no support to your arguments.

Chris Hovan and Cato June are 2 of the worst at their positions in the NFCS. The 2 BEST LBs....Ruud and Beason, aren't even on your list. Gamble and Lucas are garbage while Coleman got burned routinely. Clabo and Blalock....LOL!

Congratulations for presenting me with one of the worst posts I've seen in months. Go back to that other site where people might actually respect your opinion, because they don't know any better.
Yes, our offensive line was so bad this year that it allowed 17 sacks and lead the second ranked rushing attack in the league.

It could use some improvement, but saying 'LOL!' only shows your ignorance.

Old 12-31-2008, 02:45 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post

For me, consistency is included in the package. I prefer a guy who has shown year in year out that he is good, not just for a span of 8 games.

I will give you that he is underrated. He did a great job these past couple of weeks, and I want to see what he follows it up with. But to say that he is better than a more established receiver in White? I wouldn't go that far.

Old 12-31-2008, 02:46 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your offensive line is outstanding as a unit. As individuals, I'd favor Gross over Clabo and Sears/Evans over Blalock. I said LOL because I totally did not expect someone to say those names. Clabo and Blalock are good linemen, but not on the level of Jordan Gross. Sears has outclassed Blalock for 2 years, and Evans is arguably better too.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-31-2008, 02:47 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
For me, consistency is included in the package. I prefer a guy who has shown year in year out that he is good, not just for a span of 8 games.

I will give you that he is underrated. He did a great job these past couple of weeks, and I want to see what he follows it up with. But to say that he is better than a more established receiver in White? I wouldn't go that far.
That's perfectly fair if you're holding out judgment for another season. I'll give you that chance and say "let's wait another year", because I'm extremely confident that Bryant will continue his improvement.

sig by BoneKrusher