Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-20-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
tom
Veteran

tom smells like sex panther.tom smells like sex panther.
Default interesting question

If you have a player like Corey Redding, who played both DT and DE for the lions, and considering that many teams will look at him in either position, if he were to hypothetically get franchised, who picks the tender? When you consider that DTs get 2 million less, and many teams could look at him as a DE, should he get 9 or 7 million (aprox.)? And who would decide? The team? The player? The union? His playing time throughout his career? or in the last year of his career?
Old 02-20-2007, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read something about this yesterday. It's based on the position he logged the most time at.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I hope he doesn't get franchised, as a Giants fan. He'd make a great pass rushing DT for us.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat Sagdiyev
I read something about this yesterday. It's based on the position he logged the most time at.
That would make the most sense

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby
I hope he doesn't get franchised, as a Giants fan. He'd make a great pass rushing DT for us.
He will get franchised. He will not be playing anywhere but Detroit next season. I can assure you of that.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
ckr50702

Franchising him would be dumb and a waste.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:59 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Re: interesting question

Quote:
Originally Posted by edge_V
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom
If you have a player like Corey Redding, who played both DT and DE for the lions, and considering that many teams will look at him in either position, if he were to hypothetically get franchised, who picks the tender? When you consider that DTs get 2 million less, and many teams could look at him as a DE, should he get 9 or 7 million (aprox.)? And who would decide? The team? The player? The union? His playing time throughout his career? or in the last year of his career?
good question. and i don't have the answer.

And people continue to bash me for being a post *****.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:33 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microphon200

And thats exactly why Millen will do it! Oh and draft Calvin Johnson........

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure the team decides, though I'm sure there is a way to keep them in check in case they try to franchise a QB as a kicker.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:00 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why would it be a waste?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:09 AM    (permalink
dcrls
Veteran

dcrls hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819
Quote:

oh wow another dumb receiver joke :roll: good one buddy

Lionsmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777
They should invite Reggie Ball to the Draft just to make him feel uncomfortable.
The Lions will sweep the Vikings in 2007.
dcrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 01:50 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrls
Quote:
Quote:

its funny because it still might happen.
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:09 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Even more funny is the fact they SHOULD do it.

I think Cory Redding is good, but he's not elite. Making him the franchise is paying him more than Co-DT Shaun Rogers makes.. and who's the better player?

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 07:47 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation
Default Re: interesting question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3
And people continue to bash me for being a post ***********.
*shrug* you started the trend. that said, that kind of crap response typically gets deleted out of hand now.

Quote:
it isn't really all that funny nor has it been for the last two years. it's like the "raiders should take super-fast athlete X" joke.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 10:47 AM    (permalink
dcrls
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

it's not going to happen :evil: quit with the receiver jokes, they're really ******* annoying and old.

Lionsmack

Quote:
They should invite Reggie Ball to the Draft just to make him feel uncomfortable.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:48 AM    (permalink
dcrls
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

it's not going to happen :evil: quit with the receiver jokes, they're really ******* annoying and old.

Lionsmack

Quote:
Old 02-21-2007, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFL teams have until Thursday to place franchise tag

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=st&type=lgns

They need to get on it if they are going to tag him I know the Chiefs and a few other teams are high on him.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:25 AM    (permalink
tom
Veteran

tom smells like sex panther.tom smells like sex panther.

What I find to be ridiculous, is how teams love to low-ball players, then get in scuffles and end up franchising them and paying them even more money than they would be under a new contract. If Redding were offered, say something along the lines of 5 million a year, or 4 with a plump bonus, he'd surely take it.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

it's not going to happen :evil: quit with the receiver jokes, they're really *********** annoying and old.
So is the fact that the Lions retain Millen as the GM after making a mockery of the franchise. Don't hate on us making fun of the worst team in the league, try using your time productively. Get a hobby, take up a craft, volunteer in the community, or ROOT FOR A TEAM THAT HAS A CLUE!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

to answer the question asked at the begining, he will be tagged as a DT, he played DT this year and was drafted as a DT. The rule, i believe, is that the player gets tagged at the position that they played in the year previous to having the tag. Therefore he will be a DT.

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote