Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-28-2007, 12:30 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Damon Huard resigns, Trent Green to be traded?

Chiefs | Huard contract update
Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports Kansas City Chiefs QB Damon Huard's new three-year deal is worth $7.5 million. Huard received a signing bonus of $2.75 million and base salaries of $1 million in 2007, $1.75 million in 2008 and $2 million in 2009. Huard could earn more if he reaches certain performance incentives.

Chiefs | Green on the trade market?
Adam Teicher, of the Kansas City Star, reports the Kansas City Chiefs have called teams offering QB Trent Green in a trade, according to a source.

Dolphins are supposedly interested.

I think Green still has a couple years left if behind a decent line. If not he would be a premiere backup.

this should be eligible to be posted in the NFL forum i think
Old 02-28-2007, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe it's a pet peeve, but what you are referring to is "re-signs." "Resigns" indicates something all together different.

I like Huard, I thought he did a very good job last year and wouldn't have been benched him for the healthy (?) Trent Green. Credit to the Chiefs for landing him, a potential starter, at a pretty good price. Especially considering there's not enough good quarterbacks in the league today.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:42 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you seriously live your life to make new topics on NFLDC? Because this exact thread was created yesterday and was moved.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 12:50 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Do you seriously live your life to make new topics on NFLDC? Because this exact thread was created yesterday and was moved.
How am I suppose to know that? And where was it moved too? I wanna know where Trent Green is gonna sign and what Miami fans think of signing him.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:52 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually this is part of the problem of moving threads where nobody will ever see them again. They'll just get re-made.

Anyway, I could see Trent traded for a late round pick, 6th round maybe, but it's questionable if he can even play anymore. I think if the Chiefs cut him he'll just retire, and probably should.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 01:51 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

What about Brodie Croyle? is he gonna get an oppurtunity or what?
Old 02-28-2007, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Finlayson56
Rookie

Finlayson56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
What about Brodie Croyle? is he gonna get an oppurtunity or what?
Croyle will probably get an opertunity to fight for the starter spot.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:32 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

there's this fantastic feature called "SEARCH".

i know it's a new concept and it's very difficult to understand what you might use it for, but it's just not that hard to put in a wee bit of effort before instantly hitting new topic.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 02:36 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
there's this fantastic feature called "SEARCH".

i know it's a new concept and it's very difficult to understand what you might use it for, but it's just not that hard to put in a wee bit of effort before instantly hitting new topic.
Do you honestly search every topic before you post it? I sure as hell don't.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 02:40 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Do you honestly search every topic before you post it? I sure as hell don't.
no, but you also don't tend to hit new topic every time your brain successfully formulates a thought.

i also typically end up seeing a large part of the board, so i generally have an idea when a thread has already been posted. more to the point, i'll search if there's something specific i want to talk about.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 02:51 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Damond Huard signed for basically back up money. This guy has done nothing to suggest that he is a viable QB in the NFL after 12 season. What makes you think he will be the answer in KC?

Trent Green is going no where. He has been very good for many years.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trent Green replaced him after injury last season and he'll be starter this season

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
Trent Green replaced him after injury last season and he'll be starter this season
That was my thinking as well. If KC truly thought that Huard were their QB, he would have started for the remainder of the season in my opinion. Or maybe they just wanted to avoid a controversy... *shrugs*
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 05:10 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

The chiefs called some teams and said that they are taking offers for Green. I think he would start over Huard, but I think that the Chiefs don't need 3 potential starters on their roster next year.

If they are truly serious about Croyle, they ought to trade Green. It makes a lot of sense. Huard is a very good backup/possible starter and they apparently like Croyle a lot.

And I think the Chiefs know they aren't serious contenders next year. They are a team that might sneak in the playoffs, but is probably gonna end up at 8-8.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:34 PM    (permalink
sodar21
Veteran

sodar21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Dude "resigns" means he quits. If he re-signs use the term "re-signs".
sodar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
LarryJohnson27
Rookie

LarryJohnson27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The best thing to do is to get whatever we can for Trent, and let Croyle and Huard compete for the starting spot. Huard will probablly start until we no longer have a shot at the playoffs. The organization really likes Croyle though and he will be starting by the 2008 season if a switch isn't made next season.
LarryJohnson27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People keep talking about the Dolphins for Quinn if the Texans don't take him, but if the Dolphins go for Green, could this mean a free fall of Rodgersesque proportions?
Old 02-28-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Trent but I think Huard is more Herm's type of QB.I would be shocked if Trent was not a Dolphin next year.He has history with Cameron and Terry Shea
Old 02-28-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i personally dont think he will ever play again and he should retire
21ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
People keep talking about the Dolphins for Quinn if the Texans don't take him, but if the Dolphins go for Green, could this mean a free fall of Rodgersesque proportions?
No, Green is approaching 40. If they were gonna take Quinn, a 37-year old QB ain't gonna change their mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 06:21 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trent Green has been working out with some quareterback coach this off season, the same one that has been working with Brady Quinn. I have no link, just knowledge of that.

Dolphins or Texans for both ?
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
No, Green is approaching 40. If they were gonna take Quinn, a 37-year old QB ain't gonna change their mind.
have culpepper and Green might make them not draft a qb. Having one or the other might not have forced them not to take a qb, but both might.