Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 12-11-2007, 09:39 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Patrick Johnson

I have read many many articles on him ranging from him saying he will be enrolling early at Miami to him decommitting. Does anyone really know what is going on with him? He has been a Miami commit for so long and now I dont know. In the latest article I read about it, his Dad says he is still committed but is open and will be deciding very soon, and that decision will be a surprise to everyone.

That doesn't sound good for Miami. What does everyone else think about this and where will he end up ultimately.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:45 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Wouldnt be surprised if he switched to North Carolina.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:25 AM    (permalink
504 to ATL
Veteran

504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL

He is playing the recruiting game to its fullest. He leads every team to believe they all have a very good shot at landing him, but ultimately he has one team decided already and is only waiting till signing day to announce it to the world.
504 to ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Rich Jr smells like sex panther.Rich Jr smells like sex panther.

LSU has been pushing him hard.
Rich Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We sure could use him at Michigan...;) But I think he's a Cane
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Rich Jr smells like sex panther.Rich Jr smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
We sure could use him at Michigan...;) But I think he's a Cane
I think he's a Cane too. If we can't get him I hope we can somehow land TJ Bryant.
Rich Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a pretty funny situation. Johnson says he's "100% Cane", yet a simple search on one of the recruiting sites yields nothing but speculation on how he's going to Georgia, LSU, USC, Florida etc with almost no mention of Miami. They're trying as hard as they possibly can to stir the pot and make it seem like he's de-committing, but anyone in the know will agree that he's sticking with Miami.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
It's a pretty funny situation. Johnson says he's "100% Cane", yet a simple search on one of the recruiting sites yields nothing but speculation on how he's going to Georgia, LSU, USC, Florida etc with almost no mention of Miami. They're trying as hard as they possibly can to stir the pot and make it seem like he's de-committing, but anyone in the know will agree that he's sticking with Miami.
Controversy sells subscriptions my friend
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

Hes going to be a monster wherever he goes.

If it isn't LSU, I just hope its out of the SEC. Miami seems like a lock for him right now, but I guess things could change.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

USC or UF. He's not coming to Miami.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:55 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
USC or UF. He's not coming to Miami.
I don't think he's going to SC, the interest has sort of cooled off it seems.

I hope he doesn't end up a Gator.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

All I know is he's done a complete 180 and Miami seems to be out of the picture. I hope it's not the Gators because I will hear it from their fans for weeks but I think that's his lean right now. I'd much rather see him at USC or LSU and I from what I've read, he does seem to have a genuine interest in USC.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:42 AM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
All I know is he's done a complete 180 and Miami seems to be out of the picture. I hope it's not the Gators because I will hear it from their fans for weeks but I think that's his lean right now. I'd much rather see him at USC or LSU and I from what I've read, he does seem to have a genuine interest in USC.
I've seen that PJ has some interest in SC, but his dads interest is another story and I don't know how much say his pops has.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:58 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillaraiderfan View Post
I've seen that PJ has some interest in SC, but his dads interest is another story and I don't know how much say his pops has.
His Dad might be his biggest influence and his dad is the one pushing him away from Miami. I could be wrong but I was always under the impression that his dad was the one that wanted him to go away for school. Maybe his dad is pulling for UF though and not USC like I thought.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If his dad wanted him to be at Miami he would've been a hard verbal already. That's the sad truth, and PJ will struggle to make his own success if he lets his parents run the show.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-28-2007, 01:25 AM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think it will be UMiami or LSU

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs
jbeans187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 01:37 AM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If his dad wanted him to be at Miami he would've been a hard verbal already. That's the sad truth, and PJ will struggle to make his own success if he lets his parents run the show.
His success will have nothing to do with what school his father wants him to go to. He's a stud and will be a stud where ever he goes.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:18 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
His success will have nothing to do with what school his father wants him to go to. He's a stud and will be a stud where ever he goes.
So you're gonna tell me that it's okay for his parents to boss around his football career? That shows a lack of maturity in PJ and that can't be anything but a negative quality. Remember Archie Manning pushing Eli not to sign with SD, that turned out pretty well for him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-28-2007, 10:27 AM    (permalink
DWilliams2IndyColts
Veteran

DWilliams2IndyColts hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DWilliams2IndyColts hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think he's going to Miami. I'm sure his dad's easing up abit due to the Arthur Brown commiting.

Michael "Franchise" Young QB Akron Zepplins #10
164/281, 58.4% 1956 yards, 10 TD/8 INT
50 rushes, 321 yards, 4 TD, 6.4 YPC
Record: 7-3
DWilliams2IndyColts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 05:10 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So you're gonna tell me that it's okay for his parents to boss around his football career? That shows a lack of maturity in PJ and that can't be anything but a negative quality. Remember Archie Manning pushing Eli not to sign with SD, that turned out pretty well for him.
His family should play a big part in his decision, yes. It's not like PJ isn't interested in the school his father wants him to go to. If his father was pushing him towards Miami we wouldn't be having this conversation.

The Eli analogy is ********, because Archie wanted him in a big market.
Old 12-28-2007, 05:39 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Johnson is sticking to Miami. He's just telling the media and others what they want to hear.

Here's an interview with PJ and Nigel Bradham on CSTV.

http://www.cstv.com/video/?vid=5998
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSTKUNTLAWL View Post
His family should play a big part in his decision, yes. It's not like PJ isn't interested in the school his father wants him to go to. If his father was pushing him towards Miami we wouldn't be having this conversation.

The Eli analogy is ********, because Archie wanted him in a big market.
He's 18, correct? He should be making his own decisions, with the help of others. He shouldn't be making decisions by others.

So what if Archie wanted him in a big market? It doesn't look on an NFL prospect when his dad is telling him where to play. If Eli would've stuck with San Diego he would've had more playoff success and better coaching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
Johnson is sticking to Miami. He's just telling the media and others what they want to hear.

Here's an interview with PJ and Nigel Bradham on CSTV.

http://www.cstv.com/video/?vid=5998
I hope that's true. If he decommits I'll actually be pissed now, with him saying he's "solid" and all.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-28-2007, 06:01 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We will know on January 5th. Johnson will make his final decision at the US Army AA Game.

http://florida.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=755097

If anyone wants me to send them the article, shoot me a PM.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 06:03 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Yeah I know that. I'll be watching. Hopefully Patchan will make his decision by then too.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-29-2007, 07:52 AM    (permalink
DWilliams2IndyColts
Veteran

DWilliams2IndyColts hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DWilliams2IndyColts hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What do you think of Mallett to Miami possibility?

Michael "Franchise" Young QB Akron Zepplins #10
164/281, 58.4% 1956 yards, 10 TD/8 INT
50 rushes, 321 yards, 4 TD, 6.4 YPC
Record: 7-3
DWilliams2IndyColts is offline   Reply With Quote