Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 12-29-2007, 10:29 AM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would he do that? They have Robert Marve and JaCory Harris is coming in, too. I've heard if Mallett transfers, it would be to Arkansas.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 10:46 AM    (permalink
DWilliams2IndyColts
Veteran

DWilliams2IndyColts hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DWilliams2IndyColts hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
Why would he do that? They have Robert Marve and JaCory Harris is coming in, too. I've heard if Mallett transfers, it would be to Arkansas.
I was just thinking of a team he'd be good for.

Michael "Franchise" Young QB Akron Zepplins #10
164/281, 58.4% 1956 yards, 10 TD/8 INT
50 rushes, 321 yards, 4 TD, 6.4 YPC
Record: 7-3
DWilliams2IndyColts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Rich Jr smells like sex panther.Rich Jr smells like sex panther.

Mallet is going to Arkansas only if he leaves.
Rich Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Farrell of Rivals.com spoke to Patrick, and he has eliminated Miami. He will not be a Cane. He's down to Florida, FSU, and LSU. My guess is Florida.
Old 12-30-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

I think LSU gets him.

LSU is listed as High while Florida and FSU are listed at Medium.

We also just offered Alonzo Lawrence, the #2 corner and he's expected to commit soon.

Last edited by Rich Jr : 12-30-2007 at 02:12 PM.
Old 12-30-2007, 02:18 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

LSU being listed as high doesn't mean a thing. Marvin Austin was a silent to FSU for as long as I could remember, and he chose UNC. Patrick could have a surprise in store. He was roommates with Nigel Bradham when they went to New York.
Old 12-30-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Quote:
LSU being listed as high doesn't mean a thing. Marvin Austin was a silent to FSU for as long as I could remember, and he chose UNC. Patrick could have a surprise in store. He was roommates with Nigel Bradham when they went to New York.
LSU is thin at CB and PJ would get early PT as a freshman next year.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:38 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good riddance to that douchebag.... dude is a real headcase.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell

Last edited by thebow305 : 12-30-2007 at 08:41 PM.
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 08:39 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm kind of upset he decommited, but it also could be the big "surprise" his dad was talking about when he does announce, at this point, nothing would surprise me.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 11:01 PM    (permalink
49ers169
Rookie

49ers169 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
I'm kind of upset he decommited, but it also could be the big "surprise" his dad was talking about when he does announce, at this point, nothing would surprise me.
If that happened all of Miami would welcome him back with open arms. I clearly think LSU is out since they are his favorite right now.

If I had to bet it would be Florida State. Have heard from some people that Bradham is in his ear hardcore.
49ers169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 01:11 AM    (permalink
DWilliams2IndyColts
Veteran

DWilliams2IndyColts hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DWilliams2IndyColts hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

"When I get, If I go there" LOL.

Michael "Franchise" Young QB Akron Zepplins #10
164/281, 58.4% 1956 yards, 10 TD/8 INT
50 rushes, 321 yards, 4 TD, 6.4 YPC
Record: 7-3
DWilliams2IndyColts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 02:04 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

who cares any more. This isn't the 1st time he de committed from Miami. Hell it isn't even the 2nd time he said he decommited from Miami.

The kids got all world talent but TO like attitude. Frankly, I'm sick of it. I wanted him in this class real bad but his games and actions have gotten to the point where I just don't care anymore.

Give me Brandon Harris over him any day. Harris is about as close talent wise as you can get and what little you lose in talent you make up for with his great attitude and team 1st spirit.

Miami has always been a team 1st program that prides itself on the relationships of it's player the way the BTW and MNW kids have come together this recruiting season. PJ just never bought into that and instead wanted to be babied and pampered by the coaches.

I've been saying for about a month I didn't expect him in Miami nor do I want him anymore. More trouble then it's worth. Good thing is, Randy Shannon has shown that he will not hesitate to pull offers from kids like this as he did it with McCray already. I'm sure Randy won't welcome PJ back after all this if he feels Brandon Harris is in the fold.
Old 01-01-2008, 04:14 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

Seems like hes an LSU lean, but you never know. He seems to play games with people during interviews, so I wouldn't be shocked to see him go to Florida.

I'd love it if he came to LSU..got a hell of a lot of talent, but I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 10:59 PM    (permalink
jetsfanrg52

i heard that he is going to hanover college
Old 01-04-2008, 12:22 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfanrg52 View Post
i heard that he is going to hanover college
No that was yesterday. Today he's leaning toward U of T. Not University of Tennessee...University of Toronto.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 01:30 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
No that was yesterday. Today he's leaning toward U of T. Not University of Tennessee...University of Toronto.
Rivals just reported that Patrick Johnson is now an Appalachian State commit.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 01:36 AM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

By morning he'll be enrolled at Mount Union. I have very reliable information.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Best recruiting process ever.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBait45 View Post
By morning he'll be enrolled at Mount Union. I have very reliable information.
In a crazy stunning move, Patrick Johnson has now decided to commit to the Southwest Alaska State A&M Tech Flying Frogs.

SO **** YOUR RELIABLE INFORMATION! ;)
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:33 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
In a crazy stunning move, Patrick Johnson has now decided to commit to the Southwest Alaska State A&M Tech Flying Frogs.

SO **** YOUR RELIABLE INFORMATION! ;)
You guys are all wrong. he's going to Florida State.;)

Last edited by BigJohn98 : 01-04-2008 at 06:36 PM.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:03 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You guys are all wrong. he's going to Florida State.;)
Nah, he wouldn't stoop that low.
mqtirishfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 11:14 PM    (permalink
supermario86
Rookie

supermario86 needs more cowbell.

Nope all of you guys are wrong... he's goin to GermanyTechState the Bubbiling Veinerschniztelezs
Old 01-19-2008, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
One of the top high school football players in the country is calling the Florida coaching staff "cowards" after his ACT score was questioned, apparently by Florida.

The player is named Patrick Johnson, and he's a cornerback from Blanche Ely High School in Pompano Beach, Florida. Scout.com calls him the best cornerback in the country. He has committed to LSU and planned to enroll early.

But he may not be able to do that, as the 22 he scored on his ACT after twice scoring a 16 is being questioned. ACT officials are examining the score, as an improvement of that magnitude is rare. Johnson blames Florida for questioning the score.

"Florida made an issue about the ACT score," Johnson said, per the Times-Picayune. "They're cowards. They had to go behind my back. But that's OK. We play them this year."

Of course, Florida only made an issue of the ACT score because Johnson spurned the Gators for the Tigers. That doesn't necessarily mean Florida isn't correct here, though. The fact is, part of being a highly sought recruit is having people scrutinize your ACT score.

And the fact is, Johnson is correct: Assuming he's academically eligible in the fall, he'll get his shot at Florida then.
I bet they wouldn't have had a problem with his ACT scores if he picked Florida. What a bunch of cry babies.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:18 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
I bet they wouldn't have had a problem with his ACT scores if he picked Florida. What a bunch of cry babies.
Dude, there's like two pages about this in the recruiting thread. You might wanna go discuss it there.
Old 01-20-2008, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I just saw the guys name and, I don't know, thought this might be a good place...