Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 12-12-2007, 05:24 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know Jason Garrett is probably going to be considered the leading candidate for more then a handful of jobs in the offseason, but he's not leaving Dallas especially not after 1 year...doubt he would be the best choice anyway as he hasnt had much experience and I think the coach needs to have experience to get the players to trust in them...

Cowher would be awesome, but wouldnt he rather wait out for a Carolina opening?? If anything he is one year away from that job which is alot closer and in rebuilding mode, doubt Fox stays after next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The interim head coach will be HOF DB Emmitt Thomas in case it wasn't already posted. Like the idea of Singletary, looks like the kind of guy that could put a fire into this team.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Falcons need a leader of men. That's why I would want a Bill Cowher, Mike Singletary, Russ Grimm, etc.; rather than a young coordinator who no one really knows if he can translate Xs and Os knowledge unto the field.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
falconsrule
Rookie

falconsrule hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Im all for Mike Singletary if we can keep our current OC and DC.....I think he is just what the doctor order for this team. I would love to have Bill Cowher also but I think its a slim chance that he would want to coach here.
falconsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If not Mike Singletary, then Russ Grimm is my second choice.

Old 12-12-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jaime Dukes made me laugh my ass off commentating during Petrino's PC.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 06:41 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Russ Grimm would be a nice fit. He has the same philosiphy as Petrino as far as get big on both sides of the ball. Wouldn't be too much turnover. I wouldn't be opposed to Hugh Jackson either.

But Mike Singletary is a guy with upside. Not only what ProFootballTalk.com said, but players would WANT to play for him. Resigning DeAngelo Hall and Michael Boley would suddenly seem much easier.

Old 12-12-2007, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

To me the next coach has to have credibility and the ability to lead men. That's why a young assistant would bother me. Sure Garrett, McDaniels, etc., have tremendous knowledge of Xs and Os, but can they lead and motivate?

Old 12-12-2007, 08:56 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Falcons sig. Just bursting with pride.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
To me the next coach has to have credibility and the ability to lead men. That's why a young assistant would bother me. Sure Garrett, McDaniels, etc., have tremendous knowledge of Xs and Os, but can they lead and motivate?
I like Grimm, but I don't think he's a good OL coach let alone a HC.

He is more or less a "Do whatever works best for you". So he never really refines anyone or their technique. He's more of a "Everyones best friend" Coach than a hardass or a "Respect me" type.

And his OL have been less than Stellar. Yeah we had a great running team at one point, but all of our best OL have been day 1 picks, and we rarely, if ever had a day 2 OL.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:47 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Singletary is a big name...may get respect given simply because of his playing pedigree. I don't know how much he knows about Xs and Os, but that's mostly on the coordinators. I'd really like to keep Zimmer and Hugh though. But promoting Thomas may speak to the fact that they either want to keep both or won't keep either.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:06 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This has been on my nerves a little. It's HUE Jackson. That is all.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:04 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

I'm mildly concerned about the fact that Singletary is associated with the Niners atrocious defense...

BUT as an inspirational coach, you couldn't have much better. As long as he has the top quality, experienced co-ordinators to handle the Xs and Os, I think he could be just the HC we need. Not too mention, Boley would be insane to leave when he has the chance to have Singletary as a mentor.

And I'll repeat: don't rule out Zim-Zimmah.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:07 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rod View Post
I'm mildly concerned about the fact that Singletary is associated with the Niners atrocious defense...

I agree with you there espically after what happend with Mora
Old 12-13-2007, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rod View Post

Fortunately he isn't the coordinator. He is over what is really the only productive unit on that defense: Patrick Willis has been developed, and Manny Lawson had made great progress before he tore his ACL.

Old 12-13-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Not sure if we where going to keep him around but...

http://www.11alive.com/sports/articl...storyid=107967
Old 12-13-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dammit. maybe it was quitrino's brother but i solely credit hue jackson for our wrs becoming a tad more physical and catching better.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 11:48 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

They hired Tennessee's (college) offensive coordinator.

Old 12-15-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
falconsrule
Rookie

falconsrule hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Call me crazy but I think Hue Jackson would make a great head coach. Hopefully we can keep him on our staff no matter who the coach will be.
falconsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

I really don't want any old head coach. Marinelli, Schotenheimmer, etc etc are big no nos. Mike Singletary and Rex Ryan are my top 2 guys.

Old 12-15-2007, 03:38 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Whisenhunt was my #1 last year...then Cam Cameron...obviously not options now, but this year...I don't know who I want. I want someone to come in and get this thing settled, if he's older I want him to have his right hand man as a coordinator who can step up once he's ready to move on. Cowher just is the man, I love Pitt's style of play. He's prolly my favorite, honestly.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 06:20 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Falcons interested in Chudzinski?

http://cle.scout.com/2/710881.html

If they bring him in then they'd probably try to import Derek Anderson as well.

Of course it's very very early in the process.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I really don't want any old head coach. Marinelli, Schotenheimmer, etc etc are big no nos. Mike Singletary and Rex Ryan are my top 2 guys.
agreed. my ideal staff without much change from our current situation:

HC - Mike Singletary

OC - Hue Jackson
QB - Bill Musgrave
RB - Ollie Wilson
WR/TE - Keith Rowen (knows his stuff and has a hand in the WR's even though his title is only TE now.)
OL - Art Shell (man blockign scheme in pass with fatties who zone block run why we had a good pass and run game in 98)

DC - Mike Zimmer
DL - Richard Dent (I mean he is Singetary's friend and one of the best DT's of all time)
LB - Jesse Tuggle/Brian Van Gorder
DB - Emmit Thomas/Keion Carpenter

STC - Jerry Rosburg
S&C - Marcus, Puloka and Billy White Shoes

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post

I don't want him... but oh well. I don't want Anderson either.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post

No thanks. I'll take Mike.