Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

View Poll Results: Which School Will AB Commit To?
Miami 20 66.67%
North Carolina 2 6.67%
Southern Cal 5 16.67%
LSU 2 6.67%
Florida 1 3.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-16-2007, 11:16 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Arthur Brown committing tomorrow

He is set to commit at 4:30pm tomorrow I believe. Let's get some predictions on here.

Where do you think he is going!?

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 11:26 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

If I had to guess I'd say Miami.

New rumor going around is that LSU's back in it after Miles and a few assistants visited him in-home last night, but who knows.

To be completely honest, I don't think anyone knows what hes going to do.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBait45 View Post
If I had to guess I'd say Miami.

New rumor going around is that LSU's back in it after Miles and a few assistants visited him in-home last night, but who knows.

To be completely honest, I don't think anyone knows what hes going to do.
I would say it's between Miami and UNC, but I really have no idea... I really hope it's Miami. But in the end, it doesn't really bother me all that much because we have so many other good linebackers already. Spence will be better IMO anyway. He would still be nice to have though, especially if it helps us get his brother too. :)

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
I would say it's between Miami and UNC, but I really have no idea... I really hope it's Miami. But in the end, it doesn't really bother me all that much because we have so many other good linebackers already. Spence will be better IMO anyway. He would still be nice to have though, especially if it helps us get his brother too. :)
I love Spence but he is not Arthur Brown. Brown is hands down, no questions asked the best LB this year. Have you seen his film?

I read the rumor abotu LSU visiting him and selling him on Miles staying and the like but it seems like too little too late. He kinda slipped away from them some time ago I think.

Florida pulled themselves out of the running.

It's definately down to UNC, Miami, LSU and USC. It will be one of those schools.

Everything I've heard and read tells me it's gonna be Miami. I've got a great feeling on him. With that said UNC does scare me a little and the way recruiting works, he could shock us all and pick USC.

I think Miami has it in the bag tho. We'll find out soon enough.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:02 AM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

reigle9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Notre Dame
reigle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:08 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
Notre Dame
I think his final 5 are Florida, LSU, USC, North Carolina, and Miami.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:09 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Im going to say North Carolina.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:30 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
I think his final 5 are Florida, LSU, USC, North Carolina, and Miami.
I think reigle9 was just joking with his ND comment.

Florida is definately out of it. He didn't take an offcial there and tehy cancelled an in home with him last week because they thought it was a waste of time.

I think the general concensus is that the final two are Miami and UNC.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:30 AM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

reigle9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Haha, of course I was.
reigle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 06:08 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miami is my guess
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 07:38 AM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why would he goto UNC, it will never be Butch Davis Miami.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....
vatech=accdomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 03:38 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's official, he just put on a U hat.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
marks01234
Veteran

marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
Im going to say North Carolina.
You Heel fans are sure taking this pretty rough.

Should have known better.
marks01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:36 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
None of our linebackers are even close to Brown. I'm a HS linebacker myself, and I can tell you firsthand that Brown is everything he's made out to be and more. I've seen Spence's tapes and they're not nearly as impressive. Brown is bigger, faster, quicker, etc. He's a sideline-to-sideline LB with great burst on blitzes. In terms of more modern linebackers, he reminds me of Patrick Willis and Phillip Wheeler.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
504 to ATL
Veteran

504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL

He went there for the family atmosphere? How is being immersed in thug life family atmosphere?

Hell of a player though, Miami got a special talent.
504 to ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 07:36 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 504 to ATL View Post
He went there for the family atmosphere? How is being immersed in thug life family atmosphere?

Dude, Miami is definitely a family atmosphere in terms of the team itself. Have you ever seen the way Miami alumni are togther?
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Gotta Love Miami

4.47 Speed AMAZING

Last edited by The Legend : 12-18-2007 at 07:43 PM.
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Way to live in the 80's. When will guys get over the thug jokes with the U?

Did you see all the former and current Miami players at Sean Taylor's funeral? How about the way the entire team came out defending their holder when FIU punched him two years ago that lead to that huge brawl? Miami players have each other's backs for better or worse and there is a family bond at Miami that is rare to find in most colleges throughout the nation.

Thug life my ass. How are kids that are trying to make a name for themselves and make something out of their life thugs? The thugs are the kids that don't even bother to go to Miami, not the kids that are there trying to get an education and build a future for themselves.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hi! Feel free to join us in the 21st century!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-21-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
jbombul
Rookie

jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

coming from the guy who is probably a falcons fan lol
jbombul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 05:23 PM    (permalink
504 to ATL
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
How about the way the entire team came out defending their holder when FIU punched him two years ago that lead to that huge brawl?
exactly those players had no discipline. There is no way a sensible human being will stomp on other players.

Quote:
Hi! Feel free to join us in the 21st century!!!!!!!!!!!
Ummm wasn't it just 2 years past when a current Miami player was gunned down, and another returned fire? I did not know the guy so I can not judge him, but it definitely sounds like they surround themselves in the wrong environment.

Quote:
coming from the guy who is probably a falcons fan lol
exact opposite actually. I can not condone the actions of the falcons players in any way. Them and the Bengals are the dregs of the league. There is no room for that in a professional league, they should act in a professional manner at all times while they are under contract.

Last edited by 504 to ATL : 12-21-2007 at 05:29 PM.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
exactly those players had no discipline. There is no way a sensible human being will stomp on other players.

Ummm wasn't it just 2 years past when a current Miami player was gunned down, and another returned fire? I did not know the guy so I can not judge him, but it definitely sounds like they surround themselves in the wrong environment.
Family is way different than stupidity. If I want to go somewhere that everyone will have my back and support me, Miami is toward the top.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:

Bryan Pata was gunned down by a Miami player? News to me.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:31 PM    (permalink
504 to ATL
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Bryan Pata was gunned down by a Miami player? News to me.
where does it say that one miami player shot at Pata? It doesnt it says a then current player(Pata) was gunned down, and a teammate returned fire.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
where does it say that one miami player shot at Pata? It doesnt it says a then current player(Pata) was gunned down, and a teammate returned fire.
You made it sound like it was a Miami player who gunned down Pata. Stop portraying Miami as thugs who get in trouble every day, this isn't the 1990s anymore