Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 02-06-2008, 04:40 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
he must want to be closer to home... can't blame him for that, it's obviously not the competition since he's clearly the best runningback on the team.
I disagree. McKnight is not clearly the best RB on the team.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Rich Jr smells like sex panther.Rich Jr smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
I thought Washington was just from what I saw.
Rich Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Blatz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Jr View Post
I just find it hard to believe he'll actually transfer.
That does seem pretty crazy, but I suppose stranger things have happened.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Marc Tyler could also play this year. He's a beast!
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 06:33 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bo Williams to Iowa State from Florida

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/app...6033/-1/LIFE04

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Last edited by JRTPlaya21 : 02-06-2008 at 06:48 PM.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 06:36 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i'll rephrase... McKnight is the most talented runningback on the team.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 06:58 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

etk, what's the word on Charlie Jones?

Duke Blue Devils

Old 02-06-2008, 09:19 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
i'll rephrase... McKnight is the most talented runningback on the team.
Fair enough. I'm not a fan of that kind of back and he doesn't have anything near the athleticism of Reggie Bush. He's mistake-prone too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
etk, what's the word on Charlie Jones?
No clue at this point. There's been no mention of him on any of the sites I go to, and the last word on him on the web is almost a year old. Sounds to me like he's moving on with his life or flying way under the radar.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-06-2008, 10:15 PM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Taylor Bennett is transferring from Ga Tech, he doesnt like Paul Johnson's offense.

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs
jbeans187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:17 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doug Wiggins to Western Michigan.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:26 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Doug Wiggins to Western Michigan.
Doug Wiggins is a flaming idiot. I like WMU but I don't like him, haha. He might play CB, offense and specials there.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-07-2008, 07:34 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
No clue at this point. There's been no mention of him on any of the sites I go to, and the last word on him on the web is almost a year old. Sounds to me like he's moving on with his life or flying way under the radar.
He's not coming back to Miami, I know that for sure. I heard he was going into the NFL draft but later on I heard he was having 2nd thoughts and then everything went completely silent.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:48 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
He's not coming back to Miami, I know that for sure. I heard he was going into the NFL draft but later on I heard he was having 2nd thoughts and then everything went completely silent.
That's all I know too. Lovon Ponder also considered the draft but returned.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-08-2008, 02:55 AM    (permalink
imprint3454
Rookie

imprint3454 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Bo Williams to Iowa State from Florida

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/app...6033/-1/LIFE04
Rock on. :D
imprint3454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:35 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Fair enough. I'm not a fan of that kind of back and he doesn't have anything near the athleticism of Reggie Bush. He's mistake-prone too.
He's certainly closer to having that athleticism than any other RB USC has.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 03:45 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
He's certainly closer to having that athleticism than any other RB USC has.
Yeah, but I like power backs, and McKnight doesn't have the speed/shiftiness to make up for that. He got caught from behind so easily by Vontae Davis (I think).

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-13-2008, 02:29 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

Anthony Allen to transfer by May. He is down to Georgia Tech, NC State and two others.

http://www.ajc.com/thrashers/content...foot_0212.html

Duke Blue Devils

Old 02-13-2008, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, but I like power backs, and McKnight doesn't have the speed/shiftiness to make up for that. He got caught from behind so easily by Vontae Davis (I think).
It wasn't "so easily". McKnight was jogging because he thought he had the TD locked up and Davis was in a full sprint to catch him, and Davis runs a 4.3
Old 02-13-2008, 03:37 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
It wasn't "so easily". McKnight was jogging because he thought he had the TD locked up and Davis was in a full sprint to catch him, and Davis runs a 4.3
McKnight was 20 yards away from the endzone, and Davis came out of nowhere to get him. I guess he's just a freshman but I don't see the Bush comparisons that others do, and if he wasn't at USC he wouldn't be getting any more hype than McCoy, Saine, Cooper, etc.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-13-2008, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
McKnight was 20 yards away from the endzone, and Davis came out of nowhere to get him. I guess he's just a freshman but I don't see the Bush comparisons that others do, and if he wasn't at USC he wouldn't be getting any more hype than McCoy, Saine, Cooper, etc.
Here's the thing you have to remember. He was the #1 recruit, got a lot of publicity because of the whole Ole Miss/LSU/USC triangle and the Reggie Bush phone call, so it's not just the USC thing. Plus, he's more versatile than the guys you mentioned as he can run, catch, return punts/kicks etc.. He also averaged 5.7 ypc this year and 8.8 ypcatch, which is pretty damn good for a RB regardless of age. Plus, he had big games in his last two games of the year against decent teams.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:33 AM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FSU Running back Jamal Edwards will leave school. No word as to where he will transfer to.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 04:12 PM    (permalink
DragonFireKai
Veteran

DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.DragonFireKai is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Here's the thing you have to remember. He was the #1 recruit, got a lot of publicity because of the whole Ole Miss/LSU/USC triangle and the Reggie Bush phone call, so it's not just the USC thing. Plus, he's more versatile than the guys you mentioned as he can run, catch, return punts/kicks etc.. He also averaged 5.7 ypc this year and 8.8 ypcatch, which is pretty damn good for a RB regardless of age. Plus, he had big games in his last two games of the year against decent teams.
Stafon Johnson is a much better pure running back than McKnight. McKnight is a much better reciever than Johnson, but Johnson is a running talent on par with Darren McFadden.

Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens!
The Destroyer Is Manifest!
I reserve the rights to retract any posts made betwen midnight and 5 AM PST due to being really, really drunk
DragonFireKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 07:44 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TE Na Derris Ward is transfering from UGA and going back to the west coast no school is named yet.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:14 AM    (permalink
BNad
Rookie

BNad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
TE Na Derris Ward is transfering from UGA and going back to the west coast no school is named yet.
Not news I wanted to hear...
BNad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFireKai View Post
Stafon Johnson is a much better pure running back than McKnight. McKnight is a much better reciever than Johnson, but Johnson is a running talent on par with Darren McFadden.
I'm aware of this, but I was just correcting etk who said the only reason McKnight got hype over other freshmen was because he went to SC.