Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 12-21-2007, 10:42 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Mock Needs

Updated 1/6.

1. OLine:
This is absolutely our biggest need this offseason. The Redskins were plagued by injury on the offensive line this year and the production has been evidence. The starting 5 are very strong when healthy but they are all over the age of 31 next year and the depth is weak. Heyer has been decent at times this year but is probably no more than a solid backup for the future. Both Todd Wade and Jason Fabini should be cut. Either OT or OG are possible and a guy that can play both is even better. He needs to be a guy with good agility and footwork. This position must be filled in rd 1 through 3, and will be especially considered for round 1.

2. Cornerback:
HUGE need this offseason. Rogers had the same injury as McIntosh this year and won't be back before week 6 or so of next year hopefully. Springs and Smoot are great starters but Springs is getting up there in age and theres no depth beyond them. A Redskins cornerback has to be able to excel in man coverage. Williams loves to leave his cornerbacks on an island with receivers but he won't draft a corner that won't be phyisical in the run game too. With the depth at CB in this years draft I suspect that SECOND ROUND is the ideal place for us do draft a cb.

3. Defensive End:
Andre Carter has really gotten a strong grasp of Gregg Williams defense this year and has been extremely productive. He specializes in rushing the passer but has developed in the run game as well, even though he lacks a large frame. It is important to keep this in mind when considering the Redskins need for a complimentary guy to play opposite of Carter. Carter can hold his own rushing the quarterback but in order for him to be effective in run support he needs a counterpart that is strong stopping the run and has as a larger frame that will let Carter to use his speed. There isnt much value in the late first for a defensive end unless someone like merling or lawrence jackson blow scouts away in their combine/pro day workouts so look for us to potentially fill this void in FA as well as the 3rd round.

4. Outside Linebacker:
With Rocky Mcintosh tearing his ACL and MCL and probably missing all of the 2008 season this position becomes a slightly bigger need. HB Blades will step in for him the rest of the year but he is also expected to be London Fletchers successor inside and is better suited at that position. Marcus Washington also has a history of missing a couple games a year with some minor injuries. Cover skills and decent height are very important as the outside backers are often assigned to cover the opposing TE one on one. Anything much over a 4.6 probably rules a prospect out. Gregg also likes versatile players with high productivity in college that can blitz and at least 2 full years starting. I don't see us using a high draft pick on this position but a mid rounder is possible.

5. Wide Reciever:
Campbell could use a big possession receiver and a legit redzone threat to compliment Moss and allow El to play in the slot. He needs to have great hands and precise route running. Speed is a plus but he doesn't have to be a burner. Caldwell has been playing pretty decent for being thrown in the mix. I wouldn't put WR as a huge draft need this year but if there is superior value in the 2-4 rounds then it is a possibility. I think the skins may look to upgrade this position in a trade or next year otherwise.

6. Safety
Losing Sean Taylor was one of the most devastating moments in NFL history. Landry has since moved to FS which has proved to be a much better fit for him. Reed Doughty has played well at SS but it wouldnt hurt to bring in some depth at the spot but not in the first few rounds unless its a guy that is a big upgrade. In all honesty this is one of our lower needs and I see it happening in FA.

This next part is important!!

Who NOT to give the Redskins under any circumstances:
-Derrick Harvey
-Mike Jenkins
-Aqib Talib
-DeSean Jackson
-Mario Manningham
-Harry Douglas
-Quentin Groves
-Chris Ellis
-Cliff Avril

Hope this helps out.

Last edited by DiG : 01-06-2008 at 01:48 AM.
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 12:40 PM    (permalink
psychosid

LOL so Craig Steltz is in round 4???? Dude after the combine, he will be a second round, at worst pick.
Old 12-27-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

I doubt we will land Long, as you said. But the more and more I'm seeing Gholston, I like him better.

He could be that Marcus Washington/Suggs/Ware type hybrid that can move from DE to OLB.

I also like DJ Hall and Burton in later rounds. I think if we could land them in round 3-5 it would be great value.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:27 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychosid View Post
LOL so Craig Steltz is in round 4???? Dude after the combine, he will be a second round, at worst pick.
You can keep Steltz I don't want Arch part 2. I actually really want Erin Henderson if he declares. We know about Rocky but he should be back but I do not really want to see Marcus Washington back, if we can cut him to save money I'm all for it.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 02:10 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
You can keep Steltz I don't want Arch part 2. I actually really want Erin Henderson if he declares. We know about Rocky but he should be back but I do not really want to see Marcus Washington back, if we can cut him to save money I'm all for it.
I don't think Rocky will be back at all next year. Maybe the last couple games at best. LBer is a big time need for us this offseason. Blades looks good in there but he is the future at MLB. We need another young stud outside. Godfrey is almost 35 and obviously theres no way to tell how McIntosh will come back from injury. If Rocky were 100% then I'd consider cutting or trading Marcus but I don't think we can afford to do that with Rocky hurt.

And regarding Steltz, I don't care if he has round 2 value after the combine I still don't want him before round 4. If he were available in Round 4 I'd consider that because of value but I wouldn't take him before that.
Old 12-31-2007, 11:23 AM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.

I see d.e. calais campbell in alot of mocks but my question is did he play right d.e. at miami?
If the left side is not his natural side why would we take him?

What about tyson jackson(l.s.u.) or hampton's langford? in the lower rounds.

If i was putting money on it then i 'd say they go c.b. in round 1,
why no antoine cason(ariz.st.)
reggie smith(oak.)
aquib talib(kansas)
jackikegwuonu(wisc.)?
treyskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by treyskins View Post
I see d.e. calais campbell in alot of mocks but my question is did he play right d.e. at miami?
If the left side is not his natural side why would we take him?

What about tyson jackson(l.s.u.) or hampton's langford? in the lower rounds.

If i was putting money on it then i 'd say they go c.b. in round 1,
why no antoine cason(ariz.st.)
reggie smith(oak.)
aquib talib(kansas)
jackikegwuonu(wisc.)?
reggie smith is a more natural fs. we dont need a cb that will take a few years to learn the position.

cason is possible but only if he runs a decent 40 time. i dont foresee him running better than a 4.5. If he can get a sub 4.45 then id put him on the list.

talib isnt close to good enough in man coverage and has questionable speed. he may not even come out.

ike wasnt listed because i dont think hes coming out.

at 295 lbs langford is much more suited for a 3-4. hed have to drop a lot of weight.

if tyson declared, which i doubt, then id add him as a mid rounder.

Last edited by DiG : 12-31-2007 at 04:32 PM.
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 07:03 AM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.

Thanx for sharing that info Laron....erm DirtyThirty.

I'd still have reggie smith on the skins' list as he has played strong safety/corner and special teams returner(rock cartwright could be gone).
I am hoping the skins sign Springs to an extension.

Wouldn't mind the combo of langford(run) and chris wilson(pass) at left d.e.

Dan Connor at l.b. looks a sensible choice, but if he has a good combine then i doubt he will fall to us.
I can see the skins going after bears' l.b. lance briggs, after all they put a contract to him last year and will the bears pay him this time?
Will Henderson(jr) be considered too raw for gregg williams' D?

Last edited by treyskins : 01-01-2008 at 01:26 PM.
treyskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 01:49 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

updated on 1/6. i took out specific players for now till juniors declare and i ranked our needs.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:32 AM    (permalink
paulwall

The most un-sexy need mock draft but i love it!

Round 1 - Right Tackle or Left Defensive End
Round 2 - Left Defensive End or Right Tackle
Round 3 - Guard, preferably a mauler
Round 4 - TJ Duckett trade...eesh
Round 5 - Cornerback