Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Diego Chargers Team Forum

San Diego Chargers Team Forum Discuss the Bolts

Old 12-22-2007, 02:37 AM    (permalink
oldLibid21
Veteran

oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default question

some say marty schottenheimer and buddy nix will come here, and i'd like to know beforehand what you guys think of them and most importantly HOW they draft. do they sign offensive linemen through free agency or do they draft them? do they draft certain positions earlier or later than usual? etc.

please help me on this considering i will be making a mock draft for a fan site of the falcons as soon as we sign a new head coach. thank you.
oldLibid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 02:50 AM    (permalink
Average OT LB
Veteran

Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.Average OT LB is a cocksman.

Marty Schottenheimer told SI.com that a report he's been in discussions with the Falcons about their head coaching vacancy is news to him.
"I have not heard a word from anybody about anything relating to the Falcons," said Schottenheimer. "I really don't know much about the Falcons situation, other than what has gone on of late out there. I really don't think I'm going to do it -- coach again." These comments run contrary to the widespread belief that Schottenheimer is dying to get back into coaching.

If you still get him, you'll be fine.. Marty likes big receivers and generally anything associated with run blocking... On defense hes favored strong tackling players..

sig by bosanac01
Average OT LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 03:11 AM    (permalink
oldLibid21
Veteran

oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yup

Quote:
Proceeding with caution
Schottenheimer in no hurry to return to NFL sidelines

If the Atlanta Falcons are interested in Marty Schottenheimer as their next head coach, it's news to Schottenheimer.

"I have not heard a word from anybody about anything relating to the Falcons," said Schottenheimer, who was fired by the Chargers in February after butting heads with club president Dean Spanos over the makeup of the coaching staff. "I really don't know much about the Falcons situation, other than what has gone on of late out there. Nobody should have to go through what they've gone through."

The Falcons' franchise quarterback, Michael Vick, is serving a 23-month prison sentence for his role in a dogfighting operation; and last week, first-year coach Bobby Petrino resigned with three games to play to take the same job at the University of Arkansas.

The Falcons were rebuffed in their efforts to hire Bill Cowher as head coach and Bill Parcells backed out of an agreement on Wednesday to run their football operations. This week, the San Diego Union-Tribune reported the team has made "overtures" to Schottenheimer to be its next coach and is "considering hiring" Chargers assistant GM Buddy Nix to be its next general manager.

Nix, according to a source, has not heard from the Falcons. As for Schottenheimer, who turned 64 in September, he said he's unsure whether he will return to football.

"I'm content with what I'm doing," he said by phone from his home outside Charlotte, N.C. "I really don't think I'm going to do it -- coach again. It's changed so dramatically (from) the way I was brought up in it, if you will. I would not rule it out, but ... I have not heard from the Falcons or anybody else. I've got four grandbabies and I'm having a ball with them. It would have to be a perfect fit for me to come back, and I don't know that there are any of those anymore."

The tandem of Schottenheimer-Nix would be perfect in Atlanta, because Schottenheimer has a proven track record of success in the regular season -- he ranks sixth on the league's career wins list with 200 -- and Nix is a respected evaluator of college prospects. The two would bring instant credibility to the Falcons.

Still, sources familiar with Schottenheimer's thinking contend that he will only consider returning to a situation in which he believes the team has the necessary components to make a title run in the next few years. Schottenheimer even mentioned as much, saying: "There's only one thing I haven't done and that's win a world championship."

It's doubtful he could do that in the next few years with the 3-11 Falcons.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...alcons.search/
oldLibid21 is offline   Reply With Quote