Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 12-24-2007, 01:01 AM    (permalink
joercky
Rookie

joercky needs more cowbell.
Default T-Jack

Just curious what are yer reactions of him? He tossed 2 picks against the Skins but rushed for 2 and passed for another. I think he is very raw and inconsistent but can make plays with his legs and is learning to do so with arm.

Bluto I'm a zit get it. http://youtube.com/watch?v=qft0bdhl17c

Cartman- Kyle get that sand out of your vagina.
joercky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 02:54 AM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He has nice tools and seems like a level-headed guy, but he should have been a project who sat on the sidelines for 2-3 years.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 04:50 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Showing inconsistency but i like the way he lead the team in the second half. Just wish they would have been playing like that the whole game would have been MUCH closer.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 09:11 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets get McNabb.

And at least 1 consistant WR.

Thats what I think of him.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 10:05 AM    (permalink
giver17
Rookie

giver17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.giver17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't think he will ever be a legitimate starter until he has time to learn... from the sidelines that is. we need to bring in a proven veteran and let him show t-jack the ropes. he is usually level headed, but then when he makes a bad play, he makes a reallly bad play. he has had some really stupid throws the last couple games. the type of throws that an nfl starter simply can't make.

giver17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lets just hope we're not forced to acquire a guy like chad pennington during the offseason
Old 12-24-2007, 11:39 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningham View Post
lets just hope we're not forced to acquire a guy like chad pennington during the offseason

I would love to get Chad Pennington. I think he would be perfect for our offense.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 08:32 AM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He just needs time, you just have to be a little patient if he;s starting for us again next year. He's gonna have some flashes, and he'll **** up a little bit. It all comes with being a developmental project.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I would love to get Chad Pennington. I think he would be perfect for our offense.
what do you see in him? pennington is on the wrong side of thirty, has been plagued with injuries his whole career, and has looked absolutely awful this season. i really doubt bringing him in for next season would make us superbowl contenders. instead i'd much rather see us stick with jackson because as buck said he's a developmental project.
Old 12-25-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
giver17
Rookie

giver17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.giver17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i ahve been saying all along that i think pennington would be a horrible choice. he has no arm stregthen, is a proven loser for the most part, and is always hurt.... we might as well bring back brad johnson for god's sake

giver17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 09:50 PM    (permalink
joercky
Rookie

joercky needs more cowbell.

Proven loser no, no arm strength, turnover prone, injury prone, throws pick at worst time yes. Stick w/ T-Jack QB's take a while to develop.

Bluto I'm a zit get it. http://youtube.com/watch?v=qft0bdhl17c

Cartman- Kyle get that sand out of your vagina.
joercky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 12:51 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he has the tools to be a solid Qb, but he dosen't have the mental capacity to ever be a good staring NFl qurterback.Much of the time he looks like a deer caught in the headlights out there.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was a T-Jack fan in that draft, and still am, but definitely not as high as I was before. For all his physical tools, he's still better off as a manager than a playmaker. There's been enough flashes, but not enough flashes, IMO. If Childress had more time, I think he'd wait on Tarvaris' growth, but I imagine Brad is going to get restless this offseason and that you guys will make a push for Donovan McNabb. Granted, with McNabb and that running game, to go with the defense, things do look alright, and WR talent in the 2nd/3rd won't be that far off from the talent in the first. But ... it'll likely take your first, a 2nd or a 3rd this year (if not both), and probably more picks next year. Is it worth it? Quite debatable. But of all the teams rumored on McNabb, this is the one that makes the most sense as the defense is built to win now without glaring needs in the draft.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 11:35 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually see quite a bit of McNabb in TJack. I think he would make a good mentor for him for a couple of seasons but we need to sign McNabb with him knowing it is only for a couple of years and I'm not sure that McNabb would accept that role.

As for TJack himself, I think he is going to be solid. We are always going to be a run first team, I actually think we should get Tjack a little more involved in the running, some options and a bit more spread style offense where his legs become the 2nd running option because he has some wheels. He also has a big arm.

Something worth noting about the last couple of games is that Rice hasn't played and over the win streak(Chicago game aside), Rice had developed into our #1 receiver and the safety valve for TJ, he always seems to know where Rice was and he just hasn't looked certain of what to do under pressure without Rice in the game. I think that plays a big part in some of the awful decisions, a lot like Culpepper looking awful without Moss as a safety valve or how Manning hasn't looked anywhere near as certain this year without Marvin Harrison. I think we are a legit #1 or 2 receiver away from a pretty good offense. Ryan Cook has been a bit better the last few weeks, but he also could still do with replacing. Basically we need a WR, most of our "flaws" are actually on defense. Both safety positions and defensive end are certainly are biggest needs. S, WR/DE, DE/WR, RT, S, QB(developmental backup type like Dixon or Ainge), and WR would be how I would like us to spend our picks. If a stud linebacker or DT were to fall then we have to think about it, but that is how I would like to see us pick. Safety is the biggest weakness, the front seven have been getting a solid pass rush, but our safeties don't cover and they aren't great against the run either.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tarvaris Jackson is the only thing keeping us from being a playoff team. If we were rebuilding, and a billion games under .500, I'd say keep him in for a couple few years. I don't think there is any use in sitting and waiting for him when we can win in the present with a veteran quarterback with a relatively favorable resume. Put someone like Chad Pennington or Donovan McNabb out there against the Redskins and we would have had a better chance at relaxing this week.

Last edited by Vikes99ej : 12-29-2007 at 09:26 PM.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 01:35 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't say Tarvaris Jackson is the only thing keeping us from being a playoff team rather it's the passing game as a whole. It's a combination of having a Young, Raw QB with not even a full season of starts, a over-all bad group of WR's, and a Offensive line that is inconsistent in pass protection.

As for QB's I don't like Chad Pennington as an option for us he won't be able to stretch the field and he isn't exactly mistake free either.

I don't think Andy Reid is going to get rid of McNabb unless Donavan asks to be moved.

IMO T-Jack has played well enough to earn another year to show what he can do.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:49 AM    (permalink
nemesis3394
Rookie

nemesis3394 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i think he has warranted an extra year to see if hes the guy...i would just stress in the offseason the advancement of his reads on the field
seeing him today stare down his recievers was scary to the point that i didnt wanna watch after halftime lol
Old 12-31-2007, 02:02 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now Tavaris Jackson should be viewed as the fallback option and all trade avenues must be explored through first. You never pass on a chance to improve your team especially with someone as unpredictable as he has demonstrated. I doubt at this point Philly deals McNabb unless a team really blows them away with an offer.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 02:14 AM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Right now Tavaris Jackson should be viewed as the fallback option and all trade avenues must be explored through first. You never pass on a chance to improve your team especially with someone as unpredictable as he has demonstrated. I doubt at this point Philly deals McNabb unless a team really blows them away with an offer.
Hahahahaha, are you kidding me? I firmly believe in the exact opposite. Instead of looking at options to replace him, we must look at replacing some other positions in which we have shown ourselves to be deficient within and therefore make the path of success for him, an easier one. The only way you even think about bringing someone else in is if they come at a ridiculously cheap price and allow you continue on moving forward without potentially taking a few steps back. Just my two cents.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 02:24 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
Hahahahaha, are you kidding me? I firmly believe in the exact opposite. Instead of looking at options to replace him, we must look at replacing some other positions in which we have shown ourselves to be deficient within and therefore make the path of success for him, an easier one. The only way you even think about bringing someone else in is if they come at a ridiculously cheap price and allow you continue on moving forward without potentially taking a few steps back. Just my two cents.
Putting all the talent you want in front of him is still not gonna disguise the many flaws of his game. Team management is really gonna have to study whether or not he is still their answer at QB in the offseason. It wouldnt shock me at all if they brought in someone else via trade, FA or even the draft to spice things up a bit. Going through another season with Tavaris Jackson and nobody else behind him wouldnt be a wise choice if this team wants to take the next step and make some noise in the NFC. This team is way too talented to go to waste.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 03:03 AM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

More talent as in a good WR and a RT that can actually protect him would help him tremendously. Many of these "flaws" can be attributed to the lack of talent at WR or the very inconsistent pass protection(mostly from RT) the rest can be atrributed to in-experience.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:10 AM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
More talent as in a good WR and a RT that can actually protect him would help him tremendously. Many of these "flaws" can be attributed to the lack of talent at WR or the very inconsistent pass protection(mostly from RT) the rest can be atrributed to in-experience.
Exactly. With young quarterbacks, you want to surround them with as many weapons as possible in order to make their jobs easier. If you do not surround them with talented players, you are putting them in position to fail and really are demonstrating an inability to run a team.

Old 12-31-2007, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

I am not sure if T-jack is the answer. But I cant see anyone doing much better then he is with what hes given. T-jack didnt lose the game yesterday near as much as he had been asked to do way too much.
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 10:59 AM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
Exactly. With young quarterbacks, you want to surround them with as many weapons as possible in order to make their jobs easier. If you do not surround them with talented players, you are putting them in position to fail and really are demonstrating an inability to run a team.
I feel like we've been in agreement so much more as of late, and that just puts a big ol' smile on my face. :)
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 03:05 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
I feel like we've been in agreement so much more as of late, and that just puts a big ol' smile on my face. :)
The difficult times are over buck, now its time for the honeymoon stage of this relationship.:D