Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks Discuss the Seahawks

Old 12-31-2007, 07:49 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Who do you guys...

want this year in the first round?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 03:53 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say Runningback, only because it will most likely be the BPA.
Stewart if he falls, or Mendenhall from Illinois would be a good pick.

Quote:
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:41 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love for Stewart to fall to the hawks, but after his bowl game performance I'm not quite sure if that is still going to happen. I still think we need a dominating lineman in the middle of the defense and a tight end would be nice, but I don't think that there are any worth a first round pick at that point.
Stewart is a playmaker and runs hard every play, he would be a nice change of pace even if they retain Alexander and Morris.
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:09 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

I personally love Stewart as a prospect, but it is starting to become a reality that he will not fall to us.
Mendenhall would be great because he would contribute, and him and mo morris are so different that they would contribute in different areas.

Quote:

Old 01-04-2008, 06:29 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't really seen mendenhall play except against USC. If we don't get stewart in round one and mendenhall is gone, I'm not sure where we go. Personally, I'd rather have Mike Hart, but he isn't worth a 1st round pick and I don't think he'd fall that far in the 2nd.
If both Stewart & Mendenhall are gone do you suppose they go TE with Fred Davis or develop more depth on the D- or O-lines?
Old 01-04-2008, 06:35 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by summond822 View Post
I haven't really seen mendenhall play except against USC. If we don't get stewart in round one and mendenhall is gone, I'm not sure where we go. Personally, I'd rather have Mike Hart, but he isn't worth a 1st round pick and I don't think he'd fall that far in the 2nd.
If both Stewart & Mendenhall are gone do you suppose they go TE with Fred Davis or develop more depth on the D- or O-lines?
I dont know really. really depends on the talent avaliable. Mostly it is a toss up between TE and OLINE just because i dont see any DT talent there and with Kerney i dont think we need another end as much as DT or TE and our OL is getting older.
If davis is there and the 2 RBs arent, then i think we go that route.

Quote:

Old 01-04-2008, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Primetime21
Veteran

Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have wanted Stewart for a long time and know thanks to his bowl game we might just miss out. Mendenhall would also be a good choice and him or Stewart should fall to us. If they dont I really want to see a top notch guard to emerge and have the Hawks take him.

Also DT might be an option. If Dre Moore lights up the combine I would mind him being our number 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz
Primetime21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:57 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primetime21 View Post
I have wanted Stewart for a long time and know thanks to his bowl game we might just miss out. Mendenhall would also be a good choice and him or Stewart should fall to us. If they dont I really want to see a top notch guard to emerge and have the Hawks take him.

Also DT might be an option. If Dre Moore lights up the combine I would mind him being our number 1.
worst part is Stewart was a homestate kid. I think TE would be an option if the 2 RBs are there and one looks good enough to take. Fred Davis is basically who i imagine unless someone comes out of nowhere and Davis doesnt stink up the combine or pro day.

Quote:

Old 01-04-2008, 07:02 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

I agree that we don't need help at DE, but I'm worried about DT. Ya, Mebane has stepped in and has did a pretty good job so far, but he's not in there every play, so it would be nice if we had some more depth at DT. TE is a cause for concern but I still think that carlson should be available if Davis slips through the first round. I do agree that we need to bolster the offensive line and this year might be a good time to draft Walter Jones' replacement, much like we did with Chris Spencer a couple years ago.

*Edit: Yes, Stewart is a homestate kid and because of that it would be awesome if the Hawks could draft him. It would be a very popular pick because of the combination of him being a local and Alexander's struggles.

Last edited by summond822 : 01-04-2008 at 07:07 PM.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:05 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
I agree that we don't need help at DE, but I'm worried about DT. Ya, Mebane has stepped in and has did a pretty good job so far, but he's not in there every play, so it would be nice if we had some more depth at DT. TE is a cause for concern but I still think that carlson should be available if Davis slips through the first round. I do agree that we need to bolster the offensive line and this year might be a good time to draft Walter Jones' replacement, much like we did with Chris Spencer a couple years ago.
true. This draft has a nice top layer of Tackles, so i think if a guy like Chelirus drops he should be in consideration too.

Quote:

Old 01-04-2008, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Primetime21
Veteran

Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yea I love how Spencer has worked out so far and I think we can find a LT late in the 2nd or 3rd to learn from Jones.

We are really lucky this year since all our major needs are very deep in this draft. TE, RB, T.
Quote:
players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
Old 01-04-2008, 07:09 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Yea I love how Spencer has worked out so far and I think we can find a LT late in the 2nd or 3rd to learn from Jones.

We are really lucky this year since all our major needs are very deep in this draft. TE, RB, T.
yes we are, especially if Jones and Slaton come out, making that RB group great.
and while i agree about the LT in the 2nd or 3rd, Chelirus would be a great value there.

Quote:

Old 01-04-2008, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Primetime21
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
yes we are, especially if Jones and Slaton come out, making that RB group great.
and while i agree about the LT in the 2nd or 3rd, Chelirus would be a great value there.
Everytime I watch Felix Jones I dream of him suiting up for the Seahawks.

This would be a great draft to trade down in what do you guys think about that.
Quote:
Old 01-04-2008, 07:16 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Everytime I watch Felix Jones I dream of him suiting up for the Seahawks.

This would be a great draft to trade down in what do you guys think about that.
I think he would be a great pick, and with a good showing could sky rocket. Petrino going there basically solidified the nfl as a major option for him. i picture trading up in round two would be great to be able to pick him up.

Quote:

Old 01-04-2008, 07:18 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

I believe Felix Jones is going back to Arkansas. I can't really blame him, even though he is a legitimate prospect this year, he will get a chance to shine without being overshadowed by McFadden. I also think that Slaton is going to go back to school, if for no other reason than a shot at a national championship with his good friend Pat White.
The TE's I'm really intrigued by, other than Davis, are the one's from Mizzou. I heard that one is going back to school, but was the other one a sophomore or a senior?
Old 01-04-2008, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Primetime21
Veteran

Quote:
I believe Felix Jones is going back to Arkansas. I can't really blame him, even though he is a legitimate prospect this year, he will get a chance to shine without being overshadowed by McFadden. I also think that Slaton is going to go back to school, if for no other reason than a shot at a national championship with his good friend Pat White.
The TE's I'm really intrigued by, other than Davis, are the one's from Mizzou. I heard that one is going back to school, but was the other one a sophomore or a senior?
Yea Slaton is returning for sure. The Te your thinking of is Martin Rucker I think.
Quote:
Old 01-04-2008, 07:22 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Yea Slaton is returning for sure. The Te your thinking of is Martin Rucker I think.
yeah i was throwing his name out for a couple reasons.
1. the RB clock is always ticking away how long they can be effective
2. new coach(but he was hired from within so i dont think that is effective)
3. You never know what money will do to people
4. Noel Devine

Quote:

Old 01-04-2008, 07:36 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Quote:
yeah i was throwing his name out for a couple reasons.
1. the RB clock is always ticking away how long they can be effective
2. new coach(but he was hired from within so i dont think that is effective)
3. You never know what money will do to people
4. Noel Devine
I don't think Devine is going to have much of an impact on Slaton's decision. They are two completely different types of runners. I also think that teams are going to be a little more leery of RB's who aren't able to run between the tackles (Bush & Slaton). Plus, if Slaton goes back, then WV will have a running attack similar to USC's a couple years ago with White & Bush. Slaton isn't guaranteed to go in the 1st round even if he does declare, which would mean a lot less money than say, next year with a much thinner RB class as the top one's are expected to declare this year.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:39 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
I don't think Devine is going to have much of an impact on Slaton's decision. They are two completely different types of runners. I also think that teams are going to be a little more leery of RB's who aren't able to run between the tackles (Bush & Slaton). Plus, if Slaton goes back, then WV will have a running attack similar to USC's a couple years ago with White & Bush. Slaton isn't guaranteed to go in the 1st round even if he does declare, which would mean a lot less money than say, next year with a much thinner RB class as the top one's are expected to declare this year.
yeah thats true, but Slaton and Devine do not mix well. they are basically the same guy and both are undersized.

Quote:

Old 01-04-2008, 07:47 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Quote:
yeah thats true, but Slaton and Devine do not mix well. they are basically the same guy and both are undersized.
I thought devine was more of a power runner. I may have confused him with the one of their other RB's. Although I think that while yes Bush has underachieved and will never be a #1 RB, he needs to be utilized in different ways where his speed can be used, like on reverses or catching the ball. Slaton would have to be used the same way and that is just not a good fit for the seahawks.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:48 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Quote:
I thought devine was more of a power runner. I may have confused him with the one of their other RB's. He does remind me quite a bit like Bush though. Talking about Bush, yes Bush has underachieved and will never be a #1 RB, he needs to be utilized in different ways where his speed can be used, like on reverses or catching the ball. Slaton would have to be used the same way and that is just not a good fit for the seahawks.

btw: where's the delete post button...

Last edited by summond822 : 01-04-2008 at 07:51 PM.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:05 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
I thought devine was more of a power runner. I may have confused him with the one of their other RB's. He does remind me quite a bit like Bush though. Talking about Bush, yes Bush has underachieved and will never be a #1 RB, he needs to be utilized in different ways where his speed can be used, like on reverses or catching the ball. Slaton would have to be used the same way and that is just not a good fit for the seahawks.

there is no delete post button, but i think devine is a speed guy and a shifty guy from what i've seen.
devine is 5'7 165 i believe and is fast. Slaton Bush is a good comparison.

Quote:

Old 01-04-2008, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Primetime21
Veteran

Quote:

No Devine is very undersized but very elusive. Slaton could slip to the 2nd round to us and I wouldnt oppose picking him up there. But he is returning to school.
Quote:
Old 01-04-2008, 08:14 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

So, in case both stewart & mendenhall are gone, which LT's would be worth picking in the 1st as the eventual replacement for Walter Jones?
Old 01-04-2008, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Primetime21
Veteran

Quote:
So, in case both stewart & mendenhall are gone, which LT's would be worth picking in the 1st as the eventual replacement for Walter Jones?
Chris Williams Vandy
Jeff Otah Pitt

Those are two that I like Otah especially.
Quote: