Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Prospect:

Andy Studebacker - DE/OLB - Wheaton - 6'3" - 245 - 4.47

projected round: 7th - UDFA.

Has any1 got any info on this kid???
Old 01-03-2008, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One player that I like is Bryan Smith from McNease State. He is 6-3 about 235-240 pounds. He runs about a 4.5-4.6. He is a pass rusher with 31 career sacks. I say bring him in as a UDFA and see what he can do.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:26 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel man View Post
if we do not get Schmitt i am going to be very upset, if there is one player in the whole draft that i want no matter what it would be Schmitt. Kreider is getting older and now he is starting to get hurt, so we need a new younger Kreider and Schmitt is a whole lot better than Kreider and he can run the ball also and that would solve our short yardage problems also and being from WVU he will have a lot of fan following.
Schmitt is a beast i agree, but it may take our 2nd to get him... and ask yourself this, is he really THAT much of an upgrade over carey davis/ dan kreider that we need to spend our 2nd on him? Especially if players like tracey porter, devin thomas, and other may be around? Now if he can be had in the 4th id say absolutely take him, the 3rd... not so much...

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
Schmitt is a beast i agree, but it may take our 2nd to get him... and ask yourself this, is he really THAT much of an upgrade over carey davis/ dan kreider that we need to spend our 2nd on him? Especially if players like tracey porter, devin thomas, and other may be around? Now if he can be had in the 4th id say absolutely take him, the 3rd... not so much...

He is a HUGE upgrade over Kreider and Davis.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hines what do u think of Stillers idea of swithching to a 4-3/tampa 2???
Old 01-03-2008, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
Hines what do u think of Stillers idea of swithching to a 4-3/tampa 2???
Eh, I am not too crazy about it. It is basically a scheme to stop the deep pass really. I like the idenitiy of stopping the run and rushing the passer. I dont want to have a huge makeover just to find this. I like the 34 as I grew up watching that. But if it helps our team, then so be it.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:43 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
He is a HUGE upgrade over Kreider and Davis.
how so? is he enough to merit spending our 2nd rd pick on him? What does a fullback do anyways? Block and occasionally run the ball...

Old 01-03-2008, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Quote:
Eh, I am not too crazy about it. It is basically a scheme to stop the deep pass really. I like the idenitiy of stopping the run and rushing the passer. I dont want to have a huge makeover just to find this. I like the 34 as I grew up watching that. But if it helps our team, then so be it.
I'm thinking more like the Giants run...just constant passrush. But we also have a better secondary than the Giants, so i think we could run it pretty good.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
how so? is he enough to merit spending our 2nd rd pick on him? What does a fullback do anyways? Block and occasionally run the ball...
He can run, catch, and block. Basically a bigger Leonard. He isnt as athletic as Leonard, but he can do everything Leonard can do. He wont be in the second. I say about the 4th-5th round.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Prospect:

Andy Studebacker - DE/OLB - Wheaton - 6'3" - 245 - 4.47

projected round: 7th - UDFA.

Has any1 got any info on this kid???
Andy Studebaker has like 40+ Sacks in his Jr. + Sr. year. Not to mention like 50+ TFL's over that time. I say him last year and thought he'd be interesting.

I hope for him he gets a combine/Senior bowl invite, I hope for us, he doesn't.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He can run, catch, and block. Basically a bigger Leonard. He isnt as athletic as Leonard, but he can do everything Leonard can do. He wont be in the second. I say about the 4th-5th round.
I agree.

Leonard was a second rounder on Crazy Athleticism. 4.5 40' at 6'2 229lbs. Owen Schmitt is a good prospect, but he'll probably run a 4.7-4.8.

He's not near the reciever or running back Leonard was, but he's 2-3x the blocker.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:17 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
i really hope the guy is there in the 4th or 5th, but something tells me he won't... just like mike alstott... who was picked in the 2nd round

Old 01-03-2008, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Javon Kerse might get cut from the Eagles. Why not bring him east and sign him to a small deal and he can be a situational pass rusher for us.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

^ Lamarr Woodley can do that job...i think we could spend the money elsewhere
Old 01-03-2008, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

The thing with Kearse is, I think he can put his hand down and rush the passer.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:52 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
^ Lamarr Woodley can do that job...i think we could spend the money elsewhere
agreed, plus i dont want to take up more roster space with over the hill guys

Old 01-03-2008, 12:53 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

p.s. i just spent a solid 4 minutes staring at jakey's sig

Old 01-03-2008, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

haha this is my favourite sig by far! :p
Old 01-03-2008, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Erin Henderson has been projected to go in round 3...i think he would be an ideal replacement for Farrior when he retires, what do u guys think of him???
Old 01-03-2008, 01:19 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Erin Henderson has been projected to go in round 3...i think he would be an ideal replacement for Farrior when he retires, what do u guys think of him???
obviously by my sig i love the guy, if we landed him in round 2 i feel that would be a steal much less 3... he is one of the most athletic middle linebackers in the draft, and he will probably be one of the strongest as well...

I think after his workouts he will move up to sometime in the 2nd round... kind of like his brother, E.J. (though i feel Erin is a better prospect)

Old 01-03-2008, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Quick Mock

1: Adarius Bowman - WR - Oklahoma St - 6'4" - 220 - 4.50

2: Erin Henderson - ILB - Maryland - 6'3" - 242 - 4.58

3: Darrell Robertson - DE/OLB - Georgia Tech - 6'5" - 245 - 4.72

4: Barry Richardson - OT - Clemson - 6'7" - 338 - 5.25

5: Keilen Dykes - DE - West Virginia - 6'4" - 295 - 5.03

6: King Dunlap - OT - Auburn - 6'9" - 315 - 5.06

If you've got any questions about any picks, i'll be happy to answer. Any comments would be appreciated, thanks guys.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Quick Mock

1: Adarius Bowman - WR - Oklahoma St - 6'4" - 220 - 4.50

2: Erin Henderson - ILB - Maryland - 6'3" - 242 - 4.58

3: Darrell Robertson - DE/OLB - Georgia Tech - 6'5" - 245 - 4.72

4: Barry Richardson - OT - Clemson - 6'7" - 338 - 5.25

5: Keilen Dykes - DE - West Virginia - 6'4" - 295 - 5.03

6: King Dunlap - OT - Auburn - 6'9" - 315 - 5.06

If you've got any questions about any picks, i'll be happy to answer. Any comments would be appreciated, thanks guys.
Thats a pretty good mock. I like the Bowman pick. He was in the slot a lot in the Insight Bowl and was a beast there. Henderson is my favorite linebacker in the draft, but I believe he will be a first rounder IMO. I dont know much of Robertson, but what iI have read of him is that he is a good pass rusher. If Richardson can become motivated again, he will be a beast. Dykes is a good player who impressed me last night. I am not so sure about Dunlap. I think we could use this on a return specialist. Give me Reynaud here.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Yeah i wasnt too sure about Dunlap either...but seems his only problem is technique, i thought that would be easily worked out with the help of NFL coaches. If Max Starks is resigned that wont be a need, but if he's not...were gonna be real short of depth.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Palmer26
Rookie

Palmer26 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

OT has to be priority.

And right now, the two l ikely candidates look to be Sam Baker out of USC and Gosder Cherilus out of BC.

Baker, 6'5 310, is a natural LT. He would be a replacement for Marvel Smith.

Cherilus, 6'7 315, is more suited to be a RT and could start from Day 1 next year. The potential could be there to be the LT down the road.

IMO, our 1st round pick needs to be one of these guys.

Owen Schmitt is my favorite player in this draft, however, he will continue to rise up draft boards and will probably end up being out of our reach.

Keilan Dykes would be a solid 3-4 DE for the Steelers. Also, I really like what Jonny Dingle showed this season, and he will be entering the draft and would be a great Day 2 pick up as a backup 3-4 OLB and 3-4 DE.

I'm also keeping an eye on the two OTs from Rutgers, Pedro Sosa and Jeremy Zuttah.
Palmer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

What do you guys think of Darren Howard?