Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 01-03-2008, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
^ Lamarr Woodley can do that job...i think we could spend the money elsewhere
LaMarr will be starting Strongside.. We could use a Weakside OLB. Kearse was "The Freak" for a reason. He was pretty much the first "Merriman" Type OLB prospect when we were the only defense running the 3-4.

That said. I think we should hold off 1 more year. Harrison at WOLB and Woodley at SOLB, with Timmons at WILB and Farrior at SILB for one more season atleast before we bring in a guy to train behind Harrison (Ricky Sapp) and Farrior(Maualuga/Spikes).

Trade our first for a 2nd, 3rd and 2009 1st. That should put us in prime position to grab a Premier Passrusher, which we've been lacking since Lloyd left, and a premium SILB to replace Farrior.

For those that say that we definitely need OL.. we do. But we could pull it off.

2a) Chris Williams, OT, Vanderbilt / Andrew Gardner, OT, Georgia Tech.
2b) Brandon Flowers, CB, Virginia Tech
3a) Erin Henderson, ILB, Maryland
3b) Dre Moore, RDE, Maryland
4) John Greco, OG/RT, Toledo
5) Jeremy Thompson, LOLB, Wake Forest
6) Jeremy Leman, ST, Illinois

2009:

1a) Ricky Sapp, ROLB, Clemson
1b) Devin Thomas, WR, Michigan State
and so on.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan27 View Post
but does he have any accuracy?
No one will ever know.

Old 01-03-2008, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
i thnk around there, possibly the 19th

as far as qb's go do we still have randall on our P.S.?

the kid can throw the ball a hundred miles an hour
January 15th.

Randall look like he had potential if given the opportunity. Another waste, just like Omar Jacobs.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Duane Brown from Va Tech. I think he will be a good pro player. Another player that has impressed me is Anthony Collins from Kansas. I think Collins and Talib declare after the game.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerome Mathis might get cut from the Texans. If so, I would like to pick him up as our KR/PR. He is FAST and was a Pro Bowler his rookie season. Yes he is always injured, but I would love to take a shot at him next season.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:38 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some players to look out for if you are watching the bowl games:

- Jamaal Westerrman (DE Rutgers)
- Mike Fladell (OG Rutgers)
- Jeremy Zuttah (OT Rutgers)
- Eric Foster (DT Rutgers)
- Ron Girault (FS Rutgers)
- Tiguan Underwood (WR Rutgers)
- Dante Love (WR Ball State)
- Robert Brewster (OT Ball State)
- Paul Smith (QB Tulsa)
- Nelson Coleman (ILB Tulsa) - I love this kid
- Kory Lichtensteiger (C Bowling Green)

Last edited by Jakey : 01-04-2008 at 06:40 AM.
Jakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 08:50 AM    (permalink
steel man
DC GFX Team
Veteran

steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sorry guys, my power went out as i was typing, and did not come back on until like 5:00 am this morning and last night it got -5(5 below zero) wind chill -24 and we had no heat, a fun night my girls loved running around the house in the dark and playing hind and seek. anyway i am at work right now but when i get home i would like to finish what i started. it is friday and after my girls go to sleep i will be up until i finish it. thanks guys for letting me tap into your knowledge.

Matthew 19:26
Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible
steel man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 08:52 AM    (permalink
steel man
DC GFX Team
Veteran

steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i was wanting to watch the game last night and did not get to (the power deal) there was 2-3 CB's that i wanted to watch. was it a good game or did i miss anything at all.

Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible
Old 01-04-2008, 09:30 AM    (permalink
joercky
Rookie

joercky needs more cowbell.

Resign Ben. We need more depth at O-line. Resign Essex and Kemoeatu. Draft a corner. Aqua Talib might be availble or if Macho Harris comes out draft him. He is a playmaker and 1 of the most underrated corners in the nation. Let Haggens go and replace him w/ Woodley.

Bluto I'm a zit get it. http://youtube.com/watch?v=qft0bdhl17c

Cartman- Kyle get that sand out of your vagina.
joercky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

We dont need that much oline depth. We can sign a guard in free agency and let Mahan be a backup and start Simmons at C.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Prospect

Orlando Scandrick (Jr) - CB - Boise State - 6'00 - 188 - 4.36

Started 36 consecutive games, great special teamer, returns kicks, blocked 4 kicks this year, good in man and zone coverage.

Given a 4th round grade by the NFL-Advisory comitee...but his agent told him not to expect to go higher than the 5th or 6th round. I think he would be a good pickup in the 5th...kinda like William *** was this year...but more versitile.

Tell me what you think.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Prospect

Orlando Scandrick (Jr) - CB - Boise State - 6'00 - 188 - 4.36

Started 36 consecutive games, great special teamer, returns kicks, blocked 4 kicks this year, good in man and zone coverage.

Given a 4th round grade by the NFL-Advisory comitee...but his agent told him not to expect to go higher than the 5th or 6th round. I think he would be a good pickup in the 5th...kinda like William *** was this year...but more versitile.

Tell me what you think.
The only thing I would bring him in for is for ST to be a gunner and to cover kicks. Other then that, there are way better corners out there. Even though he does intrigue me.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:04 PM    (permalink
steel man
DC GFX Team
Veteran

what do you guys think of these CB and who do you like and what rounds do you think they will go?

Aqib Talib - Kan
Terrell Thomas - USC
Darnell Terrell - Missouri
Dominique Rodgers Cromartie - Tenn St.
Charles Godfrey - Iowa

i like Darnell Terrell and Aqib Talib, what little i have saw of them. thats why i hate that i missed the game last night

Old 01-04-2008, 12:12 PM    (permalink
steel man
DC GFX Team
Veteran

also tell me if you agree with my thinking on o-line. i am thinking draft OL that are from a passing team, that is what seems like we are not doing good at plus we have a HOF QB now that we have not had since Terry Bradshaw, we have to keep him on his feet. we can run, parker was leading the NFL in rushing. my way of thinking is that we are going more to the pass anyway but most of all i feel like if you can pass block then you can push people around in the running game plus i think we should get faster tackles because every one is going smaller and quicker on the ends so we need our guys to have good feet and be quicker for the pass rush als they can use their speed to get up field and block in the running game? do you guys think that is the best way to look at it when drafting OL?

Old 01-04-2008, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel man View Post
what do you guys think of these CB and who do you like and what rounds do you think they will go?

Aqib Talib - Kan
Terrell Thomas - USC
Darnell Terrell - Missouri
Dominique Rodgers Cromartie - Tenn St.
Charles Godfrey - Iowa

i like Darnell Terrell and Aqib Talib, what little i have saw of them. thats why i hate that i missed the game last night
Aqib Talib- Big, fast corner. Good ball skills and can also play reciever. Can return kicks as well. Late 1st/Early 2nd. Could play Fs in the pros.

Terrell Thomas- Underrated. Big, fast. Early 2nd to late 3rd depending on workouts

Darnell Terrell- Big, really big. Probably most suited to play saftey in the pros.

Cromartie- he is tall, but thin. Could play in this league. Can return kicks. Workouts will determine where he goes in the draft. I say 2nd-4th

Godfrey-Underrated player. Big, fast, strong. good ball skills and is physical and will stick his nose in the pile. 2nd-4th
Old 01-04-2008, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Aqib Talib - Kan - Good player, big, pysical, great hands, but not very quick - late round 1

Terrell Thomas - USC - Ballhawk, good speed, underrated - mid round 2

Darnell Terrell - Missouri - All the physicals...but not much natural skill...versitile, could also play saftey - round 5

Dominique Rodgers Cromartie - Tenn St. - Tall and fast, needs to add some more bulk, good natural skills. Probably the best small-schooler in the draft - round 2

Charles Godfrey - Iowa - My fav' CB in the whole draft...big, strong and fast. Good ball skills, good tackler. Could also play some safety - round 3

I like all of them...but i wouldn't want a CB untill at least round 2. Some others i like are; Tracy Porter, Brandon Flowers, Macho Harris, Trae Williams, Dwight Lowry, Justin King and Jack Ikegwuono

Last edited by Jakey : 01-04-2008 at 12:22 PM.
Jakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 12:58 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Aqib Talib - Kan - Good player, big, pysical, great hands, but not very quick - late round 1

Terrell Thomas - USC - Ballhawk, good speed, underrated - mid round 2

Darnell Terrell - Missouri - All the physicals...but not much natural skill...versitile, could also play saftey - round 5

Dominique Rodgers Cromartie - Tenn St. - Tall and fast, needs to add some more bulk, good natural skills. Probably the best small-schooler in the draft - round 2

Charles Godfrey - Iowa - My fav' CB in the whole draft...big, strong and fast. Good ball skills, good tackler. Could also play some safety - round 3

I like all of them...but i wouldn't want a CB untill at least round 2. Some others i like are; Tracy Porter, Brandon Flowers, Macho Harris, Trae Williams, Dwight Lowry, Justin King and Jack Ikegwuono
i like tracey porter as well, also the VT corners.. Flowers played decent last night and had a couple huge hits as did Harris, but I was expecting more...

I'd snatch up Terrell Thomas with our 2nd in a heart beat if he was there, I think the kid has what it takes to eventually replace the ageless townsend (something many other corners were not able to do)...

though i am still a fan of ***, especially with a lot of the cov. 3 that we run, he is very well suited for that and is practically a townsend clone

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Prospect

Justin Harper - WR - Virginia Tech - 6'4" - 200 - 4.35

I'm thinking kinda like a Nate Washington player...not a full time starter, but a big play guy, who moves the chains. Any1 got any info on him???
Old 01-04-2008, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Prospect

I'm thinking kinda like a Nate Washington player...not a full time starter, but a big play guy, who moves the chains. Any1 got any info on him???
Dropped a lot of passes last night. Made a nice touchdown grab and had a nice return for a touchdown. Wasnt really impressed. I have a d-line prospect that reminds me of Luis Castillo a lot. He will be in my mock.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:58 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Prospect

id rather take a guy thats 5'7" 120lbs runs a 5.0 but can catch the ball

Old 01-04-2008, 05:41 PM    (permalink
steel man
DC GFX Team
Veteran

here are the OT that i was looking out, i will have more player at the positions that i think that we need to draft or use our higher picks on.

Gosder Cherilus - BC
Ben Giacomini - UL
Oniel Cousins - UTEP
Tony HIlls - Texas
Sam Baker - USC
Duane Brown - VT
Shannon Boatman -FSU

Old 01-04-2008, 05:48 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel man View Post
here are the OT that i was looking out, i will have more player at the positions that i think that we need to draft or use our higher picks on.

Gosder Cherilus - BC
Ben Giacomini - UL
Oniel Cousins - UTEP
Tony HIlls - Texas
Sam Baker - USC
Duane Brown - VT
Shannon Boatman -FSU
I think Baker may be a great LT, not the best run blocker but then again the Lt's first job is to protect the QB's blind side (granted hes not a lefty).. with that said there are other more complete OT's that will dominate the first round, I think we have a legit shot at him with our pick

Just not a fan of Gosder.

Tony Hills and Duane Brown to me right now seem decent later round picks, but I have only seen a couple games and I wasn't really focused on either of them all that much.

the others i couldn't really tell you much about at this point.

Guys like Chris Williams may be available with our pick, and we should really take a good look at him.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Ryan Clady - Jeff Otah - Chris Williams...are my favourite OT prospects, they will all likely be 1st rounders
Old 01-04-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Rumor Watch:

Per Jim Wexall a high offseason priority will be to sign Starks and Faneca.. Very hardcore chase as well. His source says it's 50/50 each guy to sign.

Old 01-04-2008, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Rumor Watch:

Per Jim Wexall a high offseason priority will be to sign Starks and Faneca.. Very hardcore chase as well. His source says it's 50/50 each guy to sign.
So we have a shot at both?