Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 01-02-2008, 11:28 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Raiders to fire Rob Ryan

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=st&type=lgns

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:32 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

not suprised.Any canidates other than Monte Kiffin?
Old 01-03-2008, 10:06 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This is total bs, he really turned around our defense. I'm really suprised.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:03 PM    (permalink
D4rk 0ne
Veteran

D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Apparently Lane's really going after Monte's DB coach at Tampa, 31-year-old Raheem Morris, whom Monte has been grooming to be a DC. (Says CC Times)

I don't know much about Morris, but I think bringing him here is probably a high-risk move. Anyone that Monte will invest that much work into must at the very least have a lot of potential and strategy, but I don't know if we should be bringing in such a young guy with no DC experience.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:19 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Apparantly he is going to be staying with the raiders after all. Good for you guys i would say, but i for one am completely upset that the jets dont get him haha.

A Raiders spokesman confirmed Friday that the team will retain defensive coordinator Rob Ryan for the 2008 season.
Coach Lane Kiffin and Ryan himself both indicated in their season ending press conferences that Ryan wouldn't return. Several reports had him already headed to the Jets. But it appears owner Al Davis overrided Kiffin's wish to have Ryan axed. It's another example of why no one wants to coach the Raiders. Jan. 4 - 4:51 pm et

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Kurve
Veteran

Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

im sure 99% of these rumors are false....people hear one thing and right away its blown out and people make assumptions. I think firing Ryan would of been a mistake Ryan did some great things with this defense yeah they struggled this year a lot had to do with the lack of pressure on the qb, burgess injured in the beginning of the season no real other pass rush threat plus Sapp losing all that weight took a toll on him plugging those holes up. On positive note our linebackers were lights out Thomas Howard really shined and Morrison consistent as he has past 2 years then we have a all pro talented corner who has been thrown to what like 30 - 40 times all year. One thing id like to see little more is more pressure up to get the qb with some blitz schemes but overall i liked Rob as DC. If we had few pieces up on line this defense would be top 10 defense once again.
Kurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 05:29 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I guess the Raiders arent going to fire Rob Ryan after all. Dont know why they even considered to in the first place.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Kurve
Veteran

Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
So I guess the Raiders arent going to fire Rob Ryan after all. Dont know why they even considered to in the first place.
im sure they never really considered it at all im sure it was just something that was going around the net.
Kurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 07:33 PM    (permalink
D4rk 0ne
Veteran

D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.D4rk 0ne wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Assuming he is staying, I'm happy. I didn't think he deserved to be fired. But if Davis is overriding Kiffin, we have problems... If Al can't let Kiffin do his job his way, we won't improve.

Hopefully we shore up the D line in the offseason, maybe look at the secondary too. Burgess is good, although he's had some injury problems. Richardson is also solid, but inexperienced. Inside, we definitely need to pick someone up to alternate with Sands and Warren. The LBs are good. Nnamdi is good, and it looks like Kiffin has plans to work on Huff, possibly moving him to FS. If that happens, we'll need to pick someone up for sure (what happened to Darius?). Also, I don't like playing Routt or Washington opposite Nnamdi... Washington is inconsistent and Routt needs more experience before being forced into guarding no 2 WRs. If we have him and Nnamdi, teams like the Colts, Cards, Bengals, Pats, etc will TORCH us outside because he needs more than just speed to cover their second WRs.

Basically we need to look a a DT for sure and ideally a CB and safety, possibly a DE to keep Burgess fresh, or to push Richardson.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:37 PM    (permalink
furiousgod
Rookie

furiousgod hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i hope its the same situation as last year where the "rumor monger" said art shell was gonna be fired and the raiders issued a release saying he wasnt going to be fired then he was =D
furiousgod is offline   Reply With Quote